~~++October Bumpkins 2012++~~

Thanks for updating the date fifi-folle. I hope your sickness eases soon.

I have just bought my first maternity top. Still need to get trousers as I now haven't a single pair that fits me- in fact that haven't for the last 2 weeks!

I love maternity clothes! I live in maternity leggings when I'm not pregnant now too!! Soooooo comfy and hide the pouch :haha:

Scaaaan day tomorrow - anyone else??

How's everyone feeling?

Yes, scan day for me tomorrow too! My appointment is for 2 PM. I am so excited and a bit nervous for all to be ok.

I am still very fatigued. Nausea has definitely improved though. I have good days and bad days now instead of everyday being a challenge. LOL

Aren't these round ligament pains supposed to be starting soon? What are they and what do they feel like?

Round ligament pains are generally a common 2nd trimester thing. Last pregnancy I got them earlier in my first trimester, this time they started about 13 weeks so yep, right on schedule. If they are mild consider yourself lucky for now. They can get bad, feel like you ripped something bad.

Round ligament pains are generally a common 2nd trimester thing. Last pregnancy I got them earlier in my first trimester, this time they started about 13 weeks so yep, right on schedule. If they are mild consider yourself lucky for now. They can get bad, feel like you ripped something bad.

Thanks for the reply! I woke up the other morning with sharp pains but they only lasted a second at a time and by mid morning they were gone. This lasted for two days. Now if I stretch by putting my arms over my head and my tummy stretches, I feel pain. It stops when I put my arms down. Strange!

:thumbup: for everyone who has their scan today!

I didn't really have them in the 2nd Tri, I remember them in the last few weeks, that was the worst. I have a few twinges now and again, but I think that is more my stomach. I bloated early and everything seems to be squished now :(

I've never had mat leggings - they sound ace!!!! Might have to give them a try as my over-the-bump jeans are already driving me potty.... they won't stay up!!!

Best of luck to those having scans today and Em glad yours went well. I get scared with scans still and its my second pregnancy!!

14 weeks today - how did the 2nd trimester come round so fast???????

I've never had mat leggings - they sound ace!!!! Might have to give them a try as my over-the-bump jeans are already driving me potty.... they won't stay up!!!

Best of luck to those having scans today and Em glad yours went well. I get scared with scans still and its my second pregnancy!!

14 weeks today - how did the 2nd trimester come round so fast???????

I hate maternity jeans for that, I opted for leggings last time and will again this time. I have found some normal stretchy soft fabric ones that are ace. H&M have some basic ones that work as fab maternity leggings.

I am so nervous about my scan and it's my 4th!! My head is whirling, what if there's a problem? What if there is no heartbeat? What if there are two in there? I am driving myself nuts. It never gets any easier. Roll on next Thursday so I can know one way or the other!

Hey ladies! Had our scan today...we got put back by 2 weeks so now have an EDD of 8th November - so I think I have to leave this group :(

Hope everyone has a happy and healthy pregnancy and I will pop in from time to time to see how everyone is doing! :) :hugs:

Are you ladies reading maternity books? My last pregnancy I read 3 different books that really shed a lot of light on exactly what was going on with my body. The absolute worst was 'what to expect, when your expecting', it's written very harsh with not too much feeling. My favorite was 'The mother of all pregnancy books' by Ann Douglas. It is written for Canadians as a lot of the books out there have no idea how our healthcare system/government mat leave works. Another book I liked was 'Pregnancy, childbirth, and the newborn; the complete guide', more American but really informative and sensitive.

Now I'm reading 'The mother of all Toddler books' and again enjoying it (when I can stay awake that is'.

i have to agree with leikela. i like to be told how it is too and i dont view what to expect when ur expecting harsh either. its to the point and just lays it out on the line for you. my best friend gave it to me and im very thankful for it

Lol, Perhaps harsh was the wrong word. Bland? It just lacked something for me. I prefer not to pull out and read the encyclopedia, and that's how it felt. I'll agree it's to the point and nothing more, but the other books dont sugarcoat things either, they just had a different way of describing and I found them a bit more up to date withnew information.
I still pull out that one sometimes but it hasn't answered a thing my others ones haven't.

I read "What to Expect" with my son and I have it with this one too (my OB office gives it out with their Pregnancy packages). I have a book my SIL gave me that is from the Mayo Clinic. It is good, it kind of skims through each month but then goes into detail on specific questions people have/ problems you may encounter. It is more of a reference guide than a book to read cover to cover.

Hey ladies! Had our scan today...we got put back by 2 weeks so now have an EDD of 8th November - so I think I have to leave this group :(

Hope everyone has a happy and healthy pregnancy and I will pop in from time to time to see how everyone is doing! :) :hugs:

You don't have to leave if you don't want to! Who knows, your due date might change again.

I haven't read any pregnancy books this time around for some reason. Uh oh, second baby is already getting the shaft. :dohh: I should read some again b/c I'm definitely not all knowing and can't remember much from the first time around.

On a good note, I have felt a few little movements that I think are the baby lately. Just a couple here and there, feels like someone flicking my stomach lightly. Can't wait until I know for sure and feel them more often. That was my favorite part with DS (along with the hiccuping for a time) :flower: Has anyone else started feeling the movements?

CharlieKeys you don't have to leave unless you want to! By the time we all have our babies there will be babies born in September, October and November!!! Please stay (unless we smell ;) )

Annabelle I've been feeling flutterings for a couple of weeks now, only if I am lying still and paying attention but definitely baby moving in there!!! :cloud9: It's starting to become real for me, I've been a bit in denial given the small age gap we're going to have.

As for baby book reading I've not read anything this time. My favourite books last time was Ina May Gaskin's Guide to Childbirth and Marie Mongan's Hypnobirthing book. Current fave parenting book is Mayim Bialik's Beyond the Sling: A Real-Life Guide to Raising Confident, Loving Children the Attachment Parenting Way . Not really mainstream reading :)

yaaaay :)

ooh fifi - just noticed you are 15 weeks!! It's going SO quick! :)

It's weird how quick this pregnancy is going, I was only put forward 3 days at u/s! Only 25ish weeks to go :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->