~~++October Bumpkins 2012++~~

I find the more children you have the quicker it goes :haha: More things to distract you so you're not constantly thinking about being pregnant etc

I'm really surprised they keep changing the dates for you all each time. I measured like I would be due Oct 1st but they left my date as the 7th as I had IUI and we know when I ovulated. The first scan at 7w2d I measured exactly that, they said those are the most accurate ones. It'd be neat to think I'm a week ahead though, but disappointing if I go overdue later, lol.

The lady said to me that come 12 weeks I may actually measure further ahead or on time depending on how quickly baby grows as 12 weeks gives a more accurate date :shrug:

So confusing! Ah well I know when I O'd so I'll go by that!

Hi everyone

I haven't posted for a few days, but all is well :)
It's exciting now everyone at my work knows, I can talk to them all about it and let my belly out a bit! hehe.

I decided to rent a doppler from ebay for a month. I tried it out tonight and picked up the heartbeat no problem. It was great, so nice to be reassured. I am going to use it every few days I think.

Nothing much else going on really. I feel pretty normal to be honest.

Glad you are all well. Congrats to those who have had scans and good luck to anyone who has one coming up :)

xx

My scan today went very well! They put me from 12+2 to 12+5. Risk of genetics defects are as if I was 20 years old. Baby was very active and moving around! Attached are a few pics!

Attachments

• face.jpg
    face.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 5
  • feet in the air.jpg
    feet in the air.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 5
  • full body.jpg
    full body.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 6
  • waving.jpg
    waving.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 5
Leikela those are great pictures, now you must be starting to feel the glow!

Hope everyone's well. Has anyone seen the videos on You Tube of new born babies crawling up their mothers? It's magical. The link is below if anyone is interested, my sons godfather posted it on my facebook and it really melted my heart, might try it this time if I have an easy labour. I haven't mentioned this pregnancy on FB yet. I just commented 'Might try that next time' and got lots of 'What do you mean NEXT time?' comments back :haha:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxa4W5IXxcA

Please don't take the link as me pushing natural birth or breastfeeding, I have had a medicated labour and struggled more to breastfeed my naturally born children, so it's not the be all and end all, it's just a lovely serious of videos showing the beauty of mother/baby bond. Enjoy!

That's amazing! I am definitely determined to breast feed this time

It's so exciting to hear about all of your scans :)

Hopeful 42nd- I wasn't surprised that my due date was changed as my cycle is only 25 days, but when I saw the midwife, she still based my DD on a 28 day cycle (she said they always do that, well at least at my health centre). Then as it turned out I was even further on than I had thought- only by a day though! I had worked out the 16th October, but apparently it is the 15th :)

Out of interest- has anybody else here had gastroenteritis when pregnant? I had it for the first time ever last week (not had a tummy bug since I was 8 years old!) but getting over it now- not much fun though!!!!

I have been reading 'What to expect when you're expecting' and found it really helpful. I have had IBD for the past 5 years so have been a bit anxious in the early stages (although, who isn't???!) and I found it was straightforward and honest, to the point where it was quite reassuring. I didn't want anything dressed up :) I also felt that it was not too pushy about the breastfeeding issue, which I am rapidly learning seems to be the case everywhere else! Although I fully intend to breastfeed if it works out :)

Lots of happy wishes to everyone :)

It's so exciting to hear about all of your scans :)

Hopeful 42nd- I wasn't surprised that my due date was changed as my cycle is only 25 days, but when I saw the midwife, she still based my DD on a 28 day cycle (she said they always do that, well at least at my health centre). Then as it turned out I was even further on than I had thought- only by a day though! I had worked out the 16th October, but apparently it is the 15th :)

Out of interest- has anybody else here had gastroenteritis when pregnant? I had it for the first time ever last week (not had a tummy bug since I was 8 years old!) but getting over it now- not much fun though!!!!

I have been reading 'What to expect when you're expecting' and found it really helpful. I have had IBD for the past 5 years so have been a bit anxious in the early stages (although, who isn't???!) and I found it was straightforward and honest, to the point where it was quite reassuring. I didn't want anything dressed up :) I also felt that it was not too pushy about the breastfeeding issue, which I am rapidly learning seems to be the case everywhere else! Although I fully intend to breastfeed if it works out :)

Lots of happy wishes to everyone :)

i had a stomach bug when i was 6wks. it was horrible i couldnt keep anything down or in the other way (Sorry TMI) i ended up having to go to the emergency room because it had been over 24hrs and i wasnt able to even keep fluids down. i was dehydrated so they gave me three 1000 mL bags of fluid. not fun at all. only good part about it was that was the 1st time i got to hear the babys HB.

Hi all, can i join?
Im due October 7th

That was an amazing video! Awesome to see those ingrained instincts kicking in, no matter your thoughts on breastfeeding or natural birth. I will definitely try harder to get breastfeeding to work this time; hopefully it will. As for natural birth, I think it's awesome when women do it, but I desperately needed that epidural the first time, so if I need it again, so be it. Just want a healthy baby in the end. :flower:

Great u/s pics Leikela!!! So sweet. I know it's early, but I'm already guessing girl for you. :winkwink:

Welcome TB82!!

i had a stomach bug when i was 6wks. it was horrible i couldnt keep anything down or in the other way (Sorry TMI) i ended up having to go to the emergency room because it had been over 24hrs and i wasnt able to even keep fluids down. i was dehydrated so they gave me three 1000 mL bags of fluid. not fun at all. only good part about it was that was the 1st time i got to hear the babys HB.
Oh you poor, poor thing. It is such a worry isn't it? But such a relief when they say that the baby is absolutely fine. Pretty scary for the first time though!! I guess the worrying thing is the dehydration- which is what I found.
Glad that you are better now :)

Great u/s pics Leikela!!! So sweet. I know it's early, but I'm already guessing girl for you. :winkwink:

Aw, thanks Annabelle! :) I sent the pics to my mother in law and she said the same thing. Girl! :)

welcome tb82!
Leikela is your edd now 20th?

Hi Fifi! They didn't officially change my due date but perhaps they will when I go for a follow up next week.

ah in the UK it's the 12 week scan that determines your due date. I had mine changed by a week last time, only 3 days this time.

ah in the UK it's the 12 week scan that determines your due date. I had mine changed by a week last time, only 3 days this time.

In the US (well at least for my Dr., not sure about others), the ultrasound equipment isn't present in the regular OBGYN's office. For my first one, I had to go to the Imaging Dept. For this past 12 week one, since it was a Nuchal, I went to a special lab where they specialize in what we call the "1st Trimester Ultrascreen". They analyzed my blood as well and based upon my scan and blood work, gave me my percentages of my baby having Downs and Trisomy 18/13. I even consulted with a genetic counselor afterwards that gave me all my results.

With that said, my regular OBGYN was not there to change my due date. I go for my follow up appointment on April 18th and perhaps she will change it then. :)

In Ontario Canada it's the same for our 12 w scan. The testing is completed if you choose to have it. The earlier scan is our dating scan , generally in the 7-8 week stage. they usually won't change your dates based on later scans as I was told at my appointment babies tend to find their own growth rate past 11 to 12 weeks, so they have found the other is more accurate. They got my last pregnancy dated right on as I went into labor the day after my due date, but was measuring earlier based on later scans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->