~~++October Bumpkins 2012++~~

Hi Girls...

Just joining this group---due date is October 28th!!! Yayayayayayaya
Just scheduled my gender ultrasound for June 5th.....I can't wait!!!!!

Gagagagagagaga
Viv

welcome and congrats viv!!

so 2 weeks ago i interviewed for an RN position at a long term care facility and today i got the call that they are offering me the job!! im totally excited to be getting a job doing what i love and the money will def help with OH daughter and cookie but im so nervous. i didnt tell them i was prego but now that they offered me the job and i start once my 2 wk notice is up at my current job im going to eventually have to tell them. i know its against the law to fire me for being prego but im just so scared.
Just wanted to rant/vent

Like others, I too have been so busy and not been on recently. Welcome to all the new expectant mothers to the thread! And great scan pics! =)

I am 15 weeks tomorrow and haven't felt any movement yet. Since this is my first, I honestly don't know what to expect. People have described it like butterflies. I certainly haven't felt that. LOL Maybe in the next few weeks!

:wave: hi Linar and Viv

Leikela, I didn't feel movement until 16 weeks and then second and third at 18 weeks!! It's a long awaited feeling but it is exactly like flutters and it will stop you in your tracks when you feel it! Can't wait for that moment again :)

Anyone else not really feeling pregnant? I just feel like I need to start feeling movement and now the sickness is gone I am in no mans land with symptoms. Maybe I should count myself lucky but I am worried and will see the midwife soon, so might beg for a heart beat listen!

Oh and congratulations on the job mel, I'm sure everything will be fine.

Welcome newbies and congrats on the job mel!!

I'm 18 weeks today... Woooooo!!!

Hi Lunar and Viv. Congrats on the job Mel. Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

I went to York for a very good friend's hen do. Found out her twin sister is due a week after me so was nice to have a partner in sobriety. Weekend was brilliant but I really struggled staying up late for two nights in a row so was exhausted yesterday. Good night's sleep last night though as Lucy thankfully didn't wake until 7.30 today. Awesome.

Finally plucked up enough courage to tell work yesterday that I'll be off again in October. Headteacher a bit funny (nothing I can sue him for, but you know when you can tell they're annoyed?) but my Head of Department was great so all good. So the larger world of the Book that is Face has now been alerted too. Good thing really, as I'm really showing. I look about 24 weeks. I'm going to be massive.

Also found out today that my neighbour over the back fence is due with her second 4 days before me. How wicked?! We can go to all the local groups together.

I'm much more active on Facebook if anyone wants to add - find me here :)

welcome and congrats viv!!

so 2 weeks ago i interviewed for an RN position at a long term care facility and today i got the call that they are offering me the job!! im totally excited to be getting a job doing what i love and the money will def help with OH daughter and cookie but im so nervous. i didnt tell them i was prego but now that they offered me the job and i start once my 2 wk notice is up at my current job im going to eventually have to tell them. i know its against the law to fire me for being prego but im just so scared.
Just wanted to rant/vent

Aw I wouldn't worry Mel it's not gonna affect you doing your job and once you show them that they shouldn't mind. Congrats on the new job :)

Like others, I too have been so busy and not been on recently. Welcome to all the new expectant mothers to the thread! And great scan pics! =)

I am 15 weeks tomorrow and haven't felt any movement yet. Since this is my first, I honestly don't know what to expect. People have described it like butterflies. I certainly haven't felt that. LOL Maybe in the next few weeks!

I've felt nothing either and wasn't really expecting it only people ask me every day have I felt it yet and when I say no I get that "oh right......I'm sure you'll feel it soon" and it makes me panic haha :dohh: Hopefully we'll feel our wee bubs soon!

Hi Lunar and Viv. Congrats on the job Mel. Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

I went to York for a very good friend's hen do. Found out her twin sister is due a week after me so was nice to have a partner in sobriety. Weekend was brilliant but I really struggled staying up late for two nights in a row so was exhausted yesterday. Good night's sleep last night though as Lucy thankfully didn't wake until 7.30 today. Awesome.

Finally plucked up enough courage to tell work yesterday that I'll be off again in October. Headteacher a bit funny (nothing I can sue him for, but you know when you can tell they're annoyed?) but my Head of Department was great so all good. So the larger world of the Book that is Face has now been alerted too. Good thing really, as I'm really showing. I look about 24 weeks. I'm going to be massive.

Also found out today that my neighbour over the back fence is due with her second 4 days before me. How wicked?! We can go to all the local groups together.

I'm much more active on Facebook if anyone wants to add - find me here :)

Yay for finding some real life bump buddies hun :) It makes such a difference knowing someone close by that's going through the same things! :)
Oh I've added you on fb I'm Vanessa ok :)

Hi Ladies! Im due october 27th! and very excited. After suffering a loss at 16 weeks last year i am feeling much better after getting through the 12 week scan and we find out what we are having in just a few weeks! Im fairly new to all this so keen to make new friends and share my journey with you all!

Welcome Viv and Jleanne. I've added you to the front page :)

Hi jleanne, your due only a couple of days before me!

Flutterly I can't believe you reached 18 weeks already WOW, that just seems hugely away from where I am, but I guess it's not really as we are both October :haha:

Lady K, totally understand the work thing, my headteacher doesn't like small children and part time mums (funnily enough she has no children herself!) she is very lucky she hasn't landed the school in a court case yet, apparently she thinks re-structuring to eliminate all the part time mums is the way ahead!!

I haven't braved facebook yet, I am just telling people as and when I see them. Husbands family in Brazil all know and they are mostly who I use facebook with, also I just can't face the 'are you trying to get your own football team together?' type comments :roll:

We are going away, taking the children to a friends farm as it is polling day here on Thursday (school is shut for voting) and then bank holiday Monday so thought I would make the most of it and get out of the big smoke. Unfortunately no bottle feeding lambs for me, just have to stay in the kitchen and eat biscuits, hard life :) I might also have to disinfect the kids when they come in!! Still it is all worth it for their experience and I have gone there with every pregnancy, so not too worried.

Welcome Jleanne and Viv!!! :flower:

Congrats on the job Mel. I'm sure it'll all work out just fine.

So, 16 weeks and slowly starting to have a real pregnant belly and not just flab being pushed out or bloat. Ha! :dohh: It's still kinda small, but I'm okay with that since I remember how big I was at the end last time and know what's coming. 3 weeks until the gender scan and it's killing me! Can't believe I'm being so impatient with this. :blush:

Anyone have gender scans coming up? It's so fun seeing what everyone's having and comparing pictures.

My scan's two weeks on Thursday. Looking forward to that but not the consultant appt after!

Leikela, I didn't feel movement until 16 weeks and then second and third at 18 weeks!! It's a long awaited feeling but it is exactly like flutters and it will stop you in your tracks when you feel it! Can't wait for that moment again :)

Anyone else not really feeling pregnant? I just feel like I need to start feeling movement and now the sickness is gone I am in no mans land with symptoms. Maybe I should count myself lucky but I am worried and will see the midwife soon, so might beg for a heart beat listen!

It does sound amazing Cheshire! I cannot wait to experience that for the first time! And like you, I don't really feel pregnant yet. LOL I went to a friend's baby shower over the weekend and realized afterwards that I indulged in a ham and cheese sandwich, turkey sandwich and sloppy joe (roast beef). They were the small finger ones. I remembered later that I shouldn't be eating deli meats. Oops! I am fine though and it was DELICIOUS!! LOL

Lady-K, I am exactly 15 weeks today too! Are you due October 23rd? We might have the same due date! Cool! :)

I've felt nothing either and wasn't really expecting it only people ask me every day have I felt it yet and when I say no I get that "oh right......I'm sure you'll feel it soon" and it makes me panic haha :dohh: Hopefully we'll feel our wee bubs soon!

I know how you feel! I "want" to panic but tell myself that the little one is doing just fine in there. Plus, I have an appointment in 2 weeks where I will hear the heartbeat again and be reassured! I too hope we both feel our little beans moving around soon! :)

Hi Ladies! Im due october 27th! and very excited. After suffering a loss at 16 weeks last year i am feeling much better after getting through the 12 week scan and we find out what we are having in just a few weeks! Im fairly new to all this so keen to make new friends and share my journey with you all!

Welcome Jleanne! I am sorry to hear about your loss. That must have been traumatic! :( That is great you have a positive outlook now though. We aren't too far apart with due dates! How have you been feeling?

Welcome Jleanne and Viv!!! :flower:

Congrats on the job Mel. I'm sure it'll all work out just fine.

So, 16 weeks and slowly starting to have a real pregnant belly and not just flab being pushed out or bloat. Ha! :dohh: It's still kinda small, but I'm okay with that since I remember how big I was at the end last time and know what's coming. 3 weeks until the gender scan and it's killing me! Can't believe I'm being so impatient with this. :blush:

Anyone have gender scans coming up? It's so fun seeing what everyone's having and comparing pictures.

Mine is the 28th of May, I'll be dead on 20 weeks (I'm 16+1). I want to know NOW!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->