~~++October Bumpkins 2012++~~

When my son was born we did a pale green shade and a monkey theme, suitable for boy or girl. We shall see if we move in a year, maybe less, or not. Then more decorating will happen

This is DS' nursery
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7185/7139957799_c578b41210.jpg

The wallpaper was already up and as we didn't find out sex before we left it. We will redecorate when new baby is moving into that room too.

On the other side of the room is his wardrobe, bookcase and double bed (which DH sleeps in during the week)

so got bored at work today and started baby shopping. we dont know what cookie is yet but i already knew that if cookie is a girl her room would not be pink or purple as i am not a fan and also do not believe just because if babies are female everything as to be pink or purple so i knew the nursery would end up being blue or neutral like. so i ordered a bedroom set i absolutely love!! as soon as i saw it i fell in love with.

Oh gosh I agree. Pink rooms are not for me. Lucy's room is actually our old bedroom. We moved out of it when she was six months old into the 'spare' which is bigger, so she got stuck with our colours and furniture which is all natural wood and the walls are a deep moroccan red and orange! Not exactly traditional but it's bright, and with all her books, pictures and toys, it's perfect. And if this one's a boy, well they'll have to share while they're little so it can stay bright and non gender specific as far as I'm concerned!

(You might just construe all the above as lazy really :shhh:)

oo no def not lazy!! i think its smart and effective. we are moving OHs daughter into his old room from when he was younger which has a real life jungle theme painted on the walls and moving the baby into her old room which the walls are painted blue. OHs daughter didnt have a pink room either it was his moms old room (who painted it blue) and we used a green and yellow jungle theme for it. baby will be using OHs daughter's crib which eventually turns into a daybed. so im all for recycling

We went netural with the baby room we are going to find out the 14th boy or girl!!! But I love the them of the room it will be cute for a boy or a girl!

https://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6E.as...rigID=184129b&cmPosID=1&CmCatId=searchresults

I am going to have DH paint Trees on the walls I was thinking in the corners and branching out:happydance:

Love the lil deers!!!! so cute!!!

Thankyou Ladies for the warm welcome!!
Leikela- Thankyou also for the welcome, I feel fantastic! nausea has started to wear off this week which i couldn't be happier about as i had night time nausea...all night! How far along are you and how are you feeling?

Glad to hear your nausea is tapering off! I thought mine was beginning to as well come Week 10 and 11, but Week 15 has marked a resurgence of nausea that is worse than before. Go figure! LOL

Hello ladies,
It was definitely not the news we wanted yesterday. My Dad's tumour is cancer but it is restricted to his brain and will not move anywhere else.

Your Dad is in my thought and prayers Flutterly! My husband's co-worker had a cancerous tumor and had two surgeries and is doing just fine these days. Scary but definitely survivable! :hugs: :flower:

Love all the nusery themes. Our baby will not have a room for a year or so as we are a little full here, my boys already share and my daughters room is too small to share!! We have old cot bedding sets that are bright animal themes and the corner of our room is already set up for a baby, I will get a set of draws and put up a little knick knack shelf for the baby.

I have decided to stay team yellow, very exciting. My husband has been trying to convince me otherwise but I have said we had two his way (found out) and one my way (left it to birth) so it's only fair that I should get another my way! Then it's all even and fair! Anyone else with me on staying team yellow? We might need to keep each other from obsessing over nubs and skulls :haha:

I have just found out that a very old friend is due to have her 4th at the end of October! :happydance: I cannot believe I have a bump buddy that has been a friend for 20 years! Her children are 17, 10 and 5 so we have never been pregnant together before! Funnily enough we had a 'number 4' chat just before we both got pregnant and not realising that the other was trying.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!!

We went netural with the baby room we are going to find out the 14th boy or girl!!! But I love the them of the room it will be cute for a boy or a girl!

https://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6E.as...rigID=184129b&cmPosID=1&CmCatId=searchresults

I am going to have DH paint Trees on the walls I was thinking in the corners and branching out:happydance:

Gorgeous.

Aw all the nursery themes are fab! I'm thinking I'd like a farmyard/jungle theme that's gender neutral. Won't be doing anything til we move house and we don't know yet when that will be. We will be renting so unless we get permission to paint we will have to stick with whatever colours are in the house and use transfers and stuff to decorate.

I'm staying team yellow too Cheshire :)
I've always wanted to stay yellow it's kinda a tradition with both our families.
Also I feel like I want no negative feelings towards bubs and I'd be afraid if we were told it was going to be one sex and it ended up being another (has happened to so many people I know!!) that we'd have built ourselves up for one and may have that little bit of disappointment or resentment then. Sounds silly maybe but it was at the back of my mind so it reinforces my wishes to stay yellow :)
Admittedly walking through aisles of gender specific clothes that are so unbelievably adorable does make it a wee bit difficult lol :)

Feanorous this is technically my first baby even tho i consider OHs daughter my own and im def finding out what cookie is. i think just relaxing by the pool would be a great vacation for u!! since im in the US i couldnt really offer any tips where to go since u are overseas.

sorry didnt realize pic didnt post for above status

Adorable bedding!!! Mine is neutral too since I didn't want overly flowery things if it was a girl and I already did the sports theme with DS, so wanted something that could go with either.

OMG! That is super cute as well!! Love the pale green shade. That's what color I want my walls to be for the nursery.

Here's my bedding that I bought when I was only 8 weeks pg. :haha:

Attachments

• 51CClG+IPrL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    51CClG+IPrL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 5
Nice :) ps, for all of you buying a nice crib you care about, get a teething rail or cover, and early! My son did a ton of damage to his in just one morning. Thankfully it's only surface, not gouges but still will need some refinishing.

Another one here that doesn't have a nursery to decorate :( still gutted about that fact but it didn't make sense that we move to a far more expensive place when I'm not going to be earning my normal salary. We'll be moving in April next year so baby will be 6ish months old! We rent so will hopefully be asking if we can paint!!!

Try not to stress about that Flutterly, it's nice to do the nursery in advance, but baby isn't going to know and the advice is that baby is in your room til 6 months anyway. You can get really lovely moses baskets and matching blankets etc for LO.

Oh yes!! I have found some beautiful Moses baskets!!!

Mostly landlords don't mind you painting as long as it's left in good condition when you leave or you cover the cost of repainting back to how it was so hopefully we'll get lucky!! :)

As Fifi says baby will most likely be in with us til 6 months anyway so just gives us more time to decorate :) And we can make use of sales and stuff :)

Welcome MiracleInNov, congrats! I've added you to the front page :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->