~~++October Bumpkins 2012++~~

My 20 week scan is the 8th June, feels like ages away!! But got the midwife next Thursday :)

My scan's two weeks on Thursday. Looking forward to that but not the consultant appt after!

Why aren't you looking forward to the consult appt?

Because they are likely to want me to give birth in the consultant led unit, on monitors the whole time and not use the birth pool, or they'll be suggesting an elective section (as I had a section last time). The midwife is all for me having a home birth but did warn me that most of the health care professionals would be trying to talk me into a hospital birth (which I can't face as I had such a rubbish time last time :( )

Thankyou Ladies for the warm welcome!!

Cheshire- How exciting to be a few days apart Id love to keep in contact with you as we will be crossing the same hurdles around the same time!

Leikela- Thankyou also for the welcome, I feel fantastic! nausea has started to wear off this week which i couldn't be happier about as i had night time nausea...all night! How far along are you and how are you feeling?

Hello ladies,

It was definitely not the news we wanted yesterday. My Dad's tumour is cancer but it is restricted to his brain and will not move anywhere else. It is treatable but incurable so they can attempt to shrink it but it won't go away. They are referring him to have radiotherapy in a more local hospital but they need to plan his treatment which can take a few weeks so they don't expect it to start for at least 3 weeks. They are talking about sending him home at some point so an occupational therapist will go and assess the house although my Mum worked in re-ablement so she is well aware of what needs doing at home before he can go there.

We just have to keep our fingers crossed that they can keep it under control so he can stick around with us for a lot longer! Keeping him positive with news of baby movements and buying stuff! Names and everything!

Sorry to hear that hun :hugs:

They have made amazing advances in medicine so hopefully they will be able to do lots to give you all more time together :hugs:

My scan's two weeks on Thursday. Looking forward to that but not the consultant appt after!

Why aren't you looking forward to the consult appt?

Because they are likely to want me to give birth in the consultant led unit, on monitors the whole time and not use the birth pool, or they'll be suggesting an elective section (as I had a section last time). The midwife is all for me having a home birth but did warn me that most of the health care professionals would be trying to talk me into a hospital birth (which I can't face as I had such a rubbish time last time :( )

Oh, I'm sorry you have to battle with the drs about that issue. But good for you for fighting for what you want. VBACs seem more and more common nowadays, still some risk, but definitely do-able. I hope you can get what you want.

Sorry about your dad Flutterfly. :hugs: Hopefully they will do everything they can to keep him around to see his grandbaby born and many years after that.

So I finally got a pic of my belly. Here's the 16 week shot. It doesn't seem near as big in pics as in person though.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 3
Hello ladies,

It was definitely not the news we wanted yesterday. My Dad's tumour is cancer but it is restricted to his brain and will not move anywhere else. It is treatable but incurable so they can attempt to shrink it but it won't go away. They are referring him to have radiotherapy in a more local hospital but they need to plan his treatment which can take a few weeks so they don't expect it to start for at least 3 weeks. They are talking about sending him home at some point so an occupational therapist will go and assess the house although my Mum worked in re-ablement so she is well aware of what needs doing at home before he can go there.

We just have to keep our fingers crossed that they can keep it under control so he can stick around with us for a lot longer! Keeping him positive with news of baby movements and buying stuff! Names and everything!

So sorry to hear about your dad. I have a brain stem tumor and went through radiation a few years back I am among the lucky the radiation shrunk my tumor and I am back to life as normal. I just remember a friend saying to me when I first found out at least you know how you will die (ouch!) I just wanted to put in my its not a death sentence speech here to give some hope! I am so lucky to be alive and getting ready to have a little miracle in October!!!:happydance::hugs:

I just wanted to say I am so dumb:haha: I just figured out how to get a pic and my tickers:blush:I so should have figured this out sooner:nope:

Oh gosh, sorry to hear about your Pa, Flutterly. Yes, keep him positive with baby news. Hoping he'll be able to see your LO born and grow into their own little person :)

Also found out today that my neighbour over the back fence is due with her second 4 days before me. How wicked?! We can go to all the local groups together.

Lady-K, I am exactly 15 weeks today too! Are you due October 23rd? We might have the same due date! Cool! :)

Yep 23rd Oct or thereabouts!

Finally able to go to work today without having to hide belly and I look frickin massive. People couldn't get over how much I'm showing and how I'd hidden it. Although a few admitted they'd had their suspicions but couldn't say for fear that I had just gotten fat. Lol.

Thanks so much all and especially to defleeme, that really does give me hope :) xx

Flutterly :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: you are so right, keep him baby focused. It will be a hard road but radiation/chemo can do wonders. Good luck and take it one day at a time.

Soo sorry to hear about ur dad FLutterly. try to stay positive and take advantage of all the time as much as possible. i really hope the radiation/Chemo does help. doctors perform miracles every day and tell him we are all rooting for him and to stay strong. my granny is 86 years old and she has 3 aneurysms, heart problems, and COPD and ever since i told her about her great grandbaby she has perked right up even her doctor said so.

Hi Flutterly, sorry to hear about your dad, hope treatment and the focus of a grandchild will start to do their work.

Cheshire- How exciting to be a few days apart Id love to keep in contact with you as we will be crossing the same hurdles around the same time!

Definitely, glitterfly is also due on the same day as you, she usually posts quite regularly. This is actually the first time I have been active on a pregnancy forum and it will be interesting when we all finally start posting birth announcements. I wonder who will be the first.........:?:

Hi girls!

Flutterly, so sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope you and your family are doing ok and sticking together :)

Not much happening here. I had my 16 wk app this week, everything was fine.
Seems like a long wait til the 20 week scan now!

Who is having theirs first? It'll be so great when we all start posting if we are having boys or girls, for those that are finding out at least :)

I think I am going to go on a girly holiday with my Mum & Sister at the end of June, just got to think of somewhere to go...anyone have any ideas? We just want somewhere warm to relax by the pool, read our books etc..

xxx

so got bored at work today and started baby shopping. we dont know what cookie is yet but i already knew that if cookie is a girl her room would not be pink or purple as i am not a fan and also do not believe just because if babies are female everything as to be pink or purple so i knew the nursery would end up being blue or neutral like. so i ordered a bedroom set i absolutely love!! as soon as i saw it i fell in love with.

Feanorous this is technically my first baby even tho i consider OHs daughter my own and im def finding out what cookie is. i think just relaxing by the pool would be a great vacation for u!! since im in the US i couldnt really offer any tips where to go since u are overseas.

sorry didnt realize pic didnt post for above status

Attachments

• nursery.jpg
    nursery.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 10
so got bored at work today and started baby shopping. we dont know what cookie is yet but i already knew that if cookie is a girl her room would not be pink or purple as i am not a fan and also do not believe just because if babies are female everything as to be pink or purple so i knew the nursery would end up being blue or neutral like. so i ordered a bedroom set i absolutely love!! as soon as i saw it i fell in love with.

Oh gosh I agree. Pink rooms are not for me. Lucy's room is actually our old bedroom. We moved out of it when she was six months old into the 'spare' which is bigger, so she got stuck with our colours and furniture which is all natural wood and the walls are a deep moroccan red and orange! Not exactly traditional but it's bright, and with all her books, pictures and toys, it's perfect. And if this one's a boy, well they'll have to share while they're little so it can stay bright and non gender specific as far as I'm concerned!

(You might just construe all the above as lazy really :shhh:)

We went netural with the baby room we are going to find out the 14th boy or girl!!! But I love the them of the room it will be cute for a boy or a girl!

https://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6E.as...rigID=184129b&cmPosID=1&CmCatId=searchresults

I am going to have DH paint Trees on the walls I was thinking in the corners and branching out:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->