~~++October Bumpkins 2012++~~

Congrats on your little man Twinkie!!! :happydance:

So I have an appt next Wed with a midwife; I'm thinking of switching from an ob to a midwife. Is there anyone that has had both or has preferences for one over the other? I'm just asking everyone's opinion between the two.

Congrats on your little man Twinkie!!! :happydance:

So I have an appt next Wed with a midwife; I'm thinking of switching from an ob to a midwife. Is there anyone that has had both or has preferences for one over the other? I'm just asking everyone's opinion between the two.

We lived in Florida when I had my first baby. My Obstrician stressed me out, for example once he called me on a Friday to tell me to expect a miscarriage over the weekend as hormone levels had dropped from Tues - Thurs. Informed me on Monday, after a heartbreaking weekend that 'whoops' his nurse had read the blood results the wrong way and they had actually doubled! There were a few other incidents that made me concerned and I switched to a recommended midwife. She was fabulous. I came to the UK to have my baby so I don't know about the birth experience.

I'm sure he was an excellent OB but just a little OTT for me, I like a more natural and relaxed approach and that's what I got with my midwife.

Congratulations on your boy twinkie!

Good luck for tomorrow Fifi!

Well another for Team :pink:! Consultant appt was as expected; I can have a HB but it would be against medical advice. Said we would discuss and make our final decision closer to the time.

Well another for Team :pink:! Consultant appt was as expected; I can have a HB but it would be against medical advice. Said we would discuss and make our final decision closer to the time.

Congratulations on team pink, does that make one of each?

Yep! Just as well as I have no plans to have any more babies! :lol:

Congrats Twinkie on your boy and Congrats Fifi on your girl!! :)

I have to vent a bit... Yesterday was a long day for me. I woke up extra early to have my 17 week OB appointment, then had a field appointment for work, then returned to the office for the rest of the day. After work, I met up with my husband and some friends and we drove an hour and a half away to see a concert. I was on my feet for a few hours and then made the long trek home.

Here's the thing... After the concert while we were walking out, I noticed that my pants, in between my crotch, was wet. I looked and it was clear but definitely felt as though I wet myself. I don't remember "peeing" myself or even feeling anything come out. I was horrified though and went into a nearby bathroom to check it out. It didn't have a strong urine smell even though some of it smelt as though it could be urine. I was then worried about amniotic fluid but it didn't smell terribly sweet either.

It was hot in the venue and I was sweating a lot. I don't know if it was sweat, discharge, urine, amniotic fluid or a combination of some of those things? I didn't have any abdominal pain but I was praying to God last night as I slept that my baby would be ok. I truly think I over did it yesterday.

I feel ok today with no more incidences. Has anyone ever had this happen to them by any chance?

Leikela, sounds like you were on your feet for a long time. If it didn't continue and you didn't feel it gush then I wouldn't worry that it was amniotic fluid.

It sounds more like both discharge and sweat! Gross isn't it? It has happened to me too! Unfortunatly us pregnant women have higher levels of both. Lucky us :wacko:

If no obvious smell and it's stopped now, then I would say sweat and don't worry about it. Even if it was amniotic fluid, the fact that it's stopped now is good. But I'm sure your cervix is pretty jammed shut still so my bet is still sweat.

Long day indeed. I had a long one today too but not as bad. In school at 7, then parent's evening til 7, so a 12 hour slog at work. Booo!

Promise us you'll rest now!

Leikela, sounds like you were on your feet for a long time. If it didn't continue and you didn't feel it gush then I wouldn't worry that it was amniotic fluid.

It sounds more like both discharge and sweat! Gross isn't it? It has happened to me too! Unfortunatly us pregnant women have higher levels of both. Lucky us :wacko:

Thanks Cheshire! Your post helps to reassure me! And yes, very gross! The excess sweat and discharge is no fun. I almost felt like a kid again who had wet her pants. LOL :)

If no obvious smell and it's stopped now, then I would say sweat and don't worry about it. Even if it was amniotic fluid, the fact that it's stopped now is good. But I'm sure your cervix is pretty jammed shut still so my bet is still sweat.

Long day indeed. I had a long one today too but not as bad. In school at 7, then parent's evening til 7, so a 12 hour slog at work. Booo!

Promise us you'll rest now!

Thanks Lady-K! Your post is also reassuring to me! And wow, that IS a long day! I used to be a teacher, so I know how that is. Parent-Teacher conference night I always dreaded. LOL Thanks again and I will definitely rest up! :)

I have days when I am incredibly wet too...yesterday was one of them. I also notice that if I overdo things it happens. It's grim but another thing we have to put up with!!!

I've noticed this too I don't always remember to pop on a liner and often find my jeans a bit damp if i've been busy.
I guessed sweat and possible urine leaks haha how nice eh!

I've had that happen too Leikela, you're not alone. Sometimes I can't tell if it's urine, cervical fluid or amniotic fluid. I have my appt with midwife on Wednesday, so I'll be asking about it just in case. All this extra "stuff" down below sucks and is confusing. :growlmad:

I think I got a fresh batch of hormones today. All over the place. Took Lucy to my Mum's as we're going to a baby-free wedding tomorrow. So, for the first time in nearly a year I get to go out tonight WITH my husband, on a date. Dinner and a movie. I'm meeting him in town, but for some reason, rather than get ready, I'm just sat here crying. In a mess. What the hell is wrong with me? Husband just rang and thinks it's hilarious. Stupid damn hormones.

I had a bad hormonal day yesterday. Didn't help that DS was really grumpy and whiny. Glad today is better :)

I think I got a fresh batch of hormones today. All over the place. Took Lucy to my Mum's as we're going to a baby-free wedding tomorrow. So, for the first time in nearly a year I get to go out tonight WITH my husband, on a date. Dinner and a movie. I'm meeting him in town, but for some reason, rather than get ready, I'm just sat here crying. In a mess. What the hell is wrong with me? Husband just rang and thinks it's hilarious. Stupid damn hormones.

Oh honey, hugs :hugs:, hope you've got all the tears out and are enjoying your time with your OH! I think it's probably a growth spurt causing an increase in hormones, it's annoying none the less, crying at tv ads is not good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->