~~++October Bumpkins 2012++~~

Welcome ClaireMum and congrats on the :blue: bump! I've added you to the front page :)

So many of my friends have had their babies early lately and I read in 3rd tri forum that SO many people are going into labour around 38 wks. I wonder why?

38 weeks would be fine by me! I wouldn't get too bump obsessed, a friend who's a doctor yesterday told me my bump was too small and other people have said I'm too big *rolls eyes*

7 kids Clairemum wow..... I spend enough time mithering about how inconvinient this one pregnancy has been!

We have slight progress on boy's names -usually if one says a name the other comments on why they don't like it straight away but I suggested evan the other day and there was silence! OH's mum sent a list of welsh names one of which was Rhydian which I liked until someone said "wasn't he on x factor?" :dohh:

So many of my friends have had their babies early lately and I read in 3rd tri forum that SO many people are going into labour around 38 wks. I wonder why?

xx
Where I am there was a phase of lots of women going "overdue", mainly women whose dates had been changed by ultrasound, basically there was a sonographer who was routinely getting the measurements out by a week or two!

V day today :happydance:

Congratulations!!:D :hugs: 3weeks till 3rd Tri. Arrghh!

Fififolle- I think I am having a girly... However baby was being very stubborn at their most recent scan so we're getting it double checked on the 21st.

Gosh I just can't get over how fast time is going. We'll be holding our babas before we know it. I wonder who will be the first October lady to 'pop'.
Xxxx

Eeek 2 weeks left in 2nd tri!

Can't believe how fast things are going!!

Hi all.

Hope every1 is doin well. Sorry i havnt been around lately it seems as qyuick as im puttint the ds and dd to bed its time for me to have hower and go to bed. All is well with myself apart from fainting alot due to low glucose levels but hopfully e have that under control nw haha. Baby is growning nicely and kicking everytime its bed time for myself haha today ive had a dull ache in the bottom of my back :( i guess i will have alot more of this over nxt 12 weeks. Cant believe i am 27 plus 3 already :0 baby miah will soon be here.

Look forward to catching up xxx

Well today I'm third tri! 27 weeks already.
Feeling good except for hip pains and heartburn, but can't complain much

Yay for v days and moving into third tri!
Ladybug hope you keep managing to keep your blood sugar up!
Dizzy if you think pregnancy with #1 is going fast just wait til/if you have a second or subsequent baby, it's scary how time is passing!
Hopeful sounds like we have similar issues. Although add in anaemia, urgh.

I've totally overdone it today. We have a bedroom downstairs which has been set up as a study but the plan has been to turn it into a playroom, well today I decided to start that mammoth task! DH looked after DS and I dismantled a desk, packed up desktop pc and printer, boxed up lots of stuff etc etc, paying for it now!! Painkillers then bed for me :) Hopefully we'll have a better night. DS has been up screaming in the night as he's had a virus with a rash which has been worrying. Ended up at the out of hours doctor yesterday as the rash had come up and we were rather worried. Hoping he's better this week as I have a few things planned, playdate tomorrow, sling meet on tuesday, baby club on Wednesday.

Wow fifi, that's nesting...and some!!

Hope your little one gets better soon.

I turned 35 on Saturday (dang that should read 21!!)

We went out to friends in Oxfordshire intending to have a posh picnic in woods, but it rained all day so we had a posh picnic looking at the woods and three muddy children.

I think V-day also came with me turning 21 :happydance: baby has been doing somersaults, seems his three siblings have left him a more roomy uterus to enjoy, hope he gets himself into a good position before he gets too big! His acrobatics are quite unbalancing :blush:

Wow fifi, that's nesting...and some!!

Hope your little one gets better soon.

I turned 35 on Saturday (dang that should read 21!!)

We went out to friends in Oxfordshire intending to have a posh picnic in woods, but it rained all day so we had a posh picnic looking at the woods and three muddy children.

I think V-day also came with me turning 21 :happydance: baby has been doing somersaults, seems his three siblings have left him a more roomy uterus to enjoy, hope he gets himself into a good position before he gets too big! His acrobatics are quite unbalancing :blush:

is it bad that I lol'd at this!?!
Happy belated birthday. Hope you were spoilt rotten! My nesting this time is pretty extreme, no simple cleaning the oven (although it could do with it), instead it's landscaping the garden and reorganising whole rooms :haha: Not even started on turning DS' room into a bedroom for both of them (but then dd will be in with me for months and ds is still cosleeping with dh!)

We (mainly I) spent yesterday tidying out my dressing room so it can become the nursery so today I had to go shopping to buy some baby clothes to go into the chest of drawers - baby made me do it!!:haha:

Happy Belated Birthday Chesire!

Congrats to everyone already in the 3rd Trimester! I swear the time is going very fast now. It went so slow when I was sick and every day was a struggle to get through. Now that I feel fine, the days are flying by!

Since this is my first, I am starting to have some anxiety. I have already dreamed I gave birth in a bathroom at a Broadway show. LOL I then dreamed that I was at home going into labor and we had NOTHING ready. No hospital bag, no nursery, nothing... I am sure these are normal fears. I just wish my mind would take a rest from them. LOL

I hope everyone else is doing well! :)

Happy Birthday Cheshire im glad u stll ad ur posh picnic even though it was looking at the woods haha.

Hopful42nd - i feel or u with the heartburn i had loads wiv my ds and dd but this time around ive had none so far :s i have a feeling my baby is going to come out baldy haha. As for the hip pain ooouuuccchhh ive bn having lower back pain for couple of days none and it hurts so much the joys of 3rd tri hey haha.

Fifi - Hope your ds is on the mend and the rsh has calmed down worrying times when babys aint well isnt it :s Well done on the nesting though i havnt started yet although i am in the middle of looking for a new home as landlord gave us 6mths notice on our tenancy so we have until January to look for a new home :( Enjoy ur busy couple of days.

Maidelyn - Rrrrr how sweet busying baby clothes hope thre were lots of cute things bought mine is all borning white at the min as im team yellow.

Leikela - Hope them dreams/nightmeres ease off haha im sure everythink will be fine :) u best get that bag packed just incase hahaha.

All is good my end today :) apart from still having this dull back ache but nothink i cant handle thought hey haha ive ad 2 babys sure i can cope wiv back ache haha. The baby jumping on my blader cant be good ive jst nearly wt myself watching coronation street (peter barlow saying about nick ohhh lok here is willy wonker hahahaha)

Hope every1 eles is enjoying the nesting and turning into 3rd tri :) x

Wow, congrats on those hitting the V-day and those in the 3rd tri!! Can't believe it's going by so fast. I'm either 1 or 2 weeks from 3rd tri myself, depending on if I go by UK or US terms. :winkwink: We're finally getting started on the nursery; should have it done this week. Yay!

And I'm double digits now! Woohoo!

Leikela - Hope them dreams/nightmeres ease off haha im sure everythink will be fine :) u best get that bag packed just incase hahaha.

All is good my end today :) apart from still having this dull back ache but nothink i cant handle thought hey haha ive ad 2 babys sure i can cope wiv back ache haha. The baby jumping on my blader cant be good ive jst nearly wt myself watching coronation street (peter barlow saying about nick ohhh lok here is willy wonker hahahaha)

Hope every1 eles is enjoying the nesting and turning into 3rd tri :) x

Thanks Ladybug! I hope so too! LOL I have already started doing research on what I need to pack! LOL

I hope your back feels better! And I can relate with the baby kicking the bladder! This happened to me for the first time a few days ago and it was so uncomfortable. Almost like going over bumps in the car with a full bladder. LOL And the worst is when you sneeze hard and stuff leaks out. I hate that! :) I keep telling myself it will be worth it in the end.

Wow, congrats on those hitting the V-day and those in the 3rd tri!! Can't believe it's going by so fast. I'm either 1 or 2 weeks from 3rd tri myself, depending on if I go by UK or US terms. :winkwink: We're finally getting started on the nursery; should have it done this week. Yay!

And I'm double digits now! Woohoo!

Which one comes first? I'd go with that one :) I am starting to feel in limbo, second trimester feels over with now but third trimester (at least the posts) are all about labour and contractions. I am starting to think about a hospital bag, got a few essentials. Thought I'd mention them to first timers - maternity towels (lots of them) and a couple of packs of maternity briefs/panties don't forget them and have a few packs ready at home. I had to ask for more maternity towels with my first and ended up raiding the hopsital cupboard for maternity towels with my third, as I was kept in against my will :haha: this time I plan to be well stocked as the hospital ones were not as super huge as the shop ones! The dignity of pregnancy huh?

Definitely buy more mat towels than you think you'll need. I was using two at a time (overlapped in the middle) for the first 4/5 days. I didn't use the disposable maternity knickers, i just bought super cheap granny pants (big underwear to those of you in the States). I found a lot of the what to pack lists focused on what you'll need in labour but not if you are kept in (I was in for 4 days after having Cameron). I kept running out of vests and sleepsuits for him as he kept puking/weeing/pooing on them, it was really embarassing having to ask to use the hospital ones!
Although I'm planning a home birth this time I will have a hospital bag packed assuming I'll be in for 3-5 days (in case I end up with another section).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->