~~++October Bumpkins 2012++~~

At my hospital they won't induce you at all, it's either monitoring or an ELCS. Hoping not to have to make that decision!

congrats flutterly, he is gorgeous.

good luck twinke, hope it goes well x

cheshire, thats fantastic dh got time off, hope he helps you out alot x

I have a c-section scheduled for tomorrow morning since my little guy had decided to stay breech, so I hope I have a smooth delivery too!

All the best to you tomorrow Twinkie! Post pics when you get a chance! :)

Well Fifi, don't think it'll be me going anytime soon :( no real progress, 1cm at the most. On to next week. I'll just sit here and wallow in my cup of red raspberry leaf tea. Lol
Ah well, not due till oct 7th anyways. I'll get depressed about it next week when I'm but a few days from due at my appt.
I'm not allowed over 10 days, and will then be induced by means of water rupture. Meds are last resort for vbac.

I hear ya Hopeful! I had an internal appointment this morning and my cervix is soft but no dilation yet. BUMMER!! I have been having menstrual like cramps on and off but I guess that doesn't mean anything. I was hoping to have her in the next 2 weeks but doesn't look like that is going to happen. I hope your little one decides to come soon! :)

Congrats Flutterfly! :flower: He is beautiful.

Good luck today Twinkie! Hope all goes smoothly for you and your little one.

Hope your little one comes soon Fifi! Sounds like bubs is getting ready. : )

AFM - Strep B test was negative, so that's good. I didn't bother getting checked at my 37 week appt since I didn't figure I'd had much progress from my 36 week. Hopefully next week I'll have made some progress, even though I know it doesn't mean much. She'll come when she comes. :flower:

so today was one hell of an experience!!! OH and I were home together today which doesnt happen very often so we were out and about running errands and just enjoying each others company. well when i wake up and roll over that is when i am usually able to get my 10 count for the day needless to say that didnt happen so i figured wait a lil bit eat something get up walk around drink something maybe she will come around. so we went to lunch and came home i still hadnt got the 10 yet i got a few but not enough so i called my doctor and he told me to go to the hospital. we both were thinking oo we will just go in here sit with the monitor for a lil bit and everything will be fine. wrong!!! while on the monitor her heartrate would have random drops like it was still in the range but it was strange. doctor said the monitor strip wasnt bad but it wasnt good so she wanted to do bio physical ultrasound. i had to wait a few hours for that because ultrasound and xray were backed up but we finally got down there and started the ultrasound. she wasnt moving at all not even with the tech jabbing and shaking her nothing!!! then her heart rate was 150 and it dropped down to 45 then back up then back down. it was suppose to be a half hour ultrasound but they had to stop at 15 mins because of her heart rate dropping. the doctor ran down to ultrasound pulled me out and ran me back to maternity once there they put me back on the monitor and she seemed to stay in the 140s but she wasnt happy with that and on top of that she only scored a 2 out 10 on the bio physcial. i was then informed i had to have an emergency c section!!! within the next 20 mins i was prepped and on the operating room table. i had offically lost it. not only was my baby in distress which no mother wants i had to get an epidural and have a c section. she was out in a few mins and at first wasnt crying so of course im going even crazier and finally they suction her and she begins waling away!! best sound i have ever heard in my whole life. so Madalynn Ann was born on sept 28th at 9:05 pm weighing 7 lbs 8oz and measuring 21 inches long via emergency c section! once out they told me not only was the cord wrapped around her body once and her neck once there was a huge knot in the cord. they said if i had tried to push her out i would of strangled her. even tho this was the scariest experience of my life im happy my baby girl is safe and sound and healthy. my advice to everyone is if you have a gut feeling FOLLOW IT!!! they told me i saved my baby's life by coming in if i hadnt came in she most likely would of died. so please if you feel like something is off or wrong get it checked out. you know ur body and nobody knows ur baby better than you.
by the way she is beautiful lol ill post pics once i get home

Congratulations Mel! But very sorry you had such a scary experience. Take care of yourself x

I had my baby boy yesterday morning via c-section. He weighed 9lb 6oz and was 21in long born at 9:48am. He surprised us by turning footling breech, and was born feet first. My Dr said we made the right decision choosing a c-section, that with him being footling breech and large he would have been hard to flip and likely would have got tangled in the cord. He is beautiful and has this small little wimper that makes you laugh:)

Congratulations Twinkie! Hope you are recovering well. What's his name?

Congratulations Twinkie, what a whopper!! Show us him! Zach has a little whimper as well! And some seriously cute old man faces!!!

We are waiting to be discharged but its Saturday and we have to wait for the paediatrician to check Zach over! I want to go home!!

Congrats Mel..sorry to hear how things went but glad all is ok now! :) Can't wait to see pics :)

Congrats to you too Twinkie :)

Aw, congrats to you Mel! What a scary story but I am glad your baby is ok. :) Pics!!

Congrats Twinkie on the arrival of your baby boy! :) Pics!!

3 October Bumpkins (Sept.) already born. Wow!! Any bets on who will be next? :)

Congrats to everyone on their new arrivals! So glad to hear that everything is well with bubs Mel...that must have been quite scary!

Congrats Twinkie!

And congrats Mel - your story terrified me! Poor you, going through that. Glad all went well in the end though :)

Mel- happy you and your daughter are well now. Congrats.

Twinkie- congrats and glad you are reassured by your choice. What a big healthy boy!

Mel whhat a scare but so glad everything went well and congratulations.

Twinkie, congratulations!

Flutterly hope you got home, it can be a pain waiting for the all clear!

Who will be next...........?

Mel and Twinkie - congratulations, glad your babies are both safely here x hope you all are doing well x

Congrats ladies, glad everyone is safe and babies happy and healthy!
Good news that your hub is home Cheshire - bet that's a weight off your mind!

So are we going to bet on who's next?

I finished work on friday thank god! It was a rather traumatic week as I turned up to the hotel late tuesday night (I work about 3hrs away from home) and there was no room booked for me and they were full! Literally no room at the inn cue many jokes from people who said did I ask if they had a stable? *rolls eyes*
I ended up in tears in reception at 10.30pm with images of having to drive around swindon for hours to find somewhere, the hotel sent me to one just up the road they said had a room but when I got there they didn't! After I burst into tears all over the recpetionist the poor woman found me a room at another hotel 5mins away which thankfully was actually available!
I'm so glad I won't be having to stay away anymore!!! Looking forward to chilling out and pampering myself until junior decides to make his appearance :happydance:

Aw maidelyn that sounds like a nightmare! Thankfully you won't be worrying about it happening again any time soon!

Wow, I think I would have cried too? Who was supposed to book it or did the hotel screw up and overbook?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->