~~++October Bumpkins 2012++~~

congrats fifi, you are both looking great x

do you feel any pain from wearing baby in the carrier? x

Congrats Fifi! She is adorable!! I love the full head of hair! :)

wrap doesn't hurt at all as it is so high up. And it spreads her weight better than holding her :)

Flutterly- we try to share the night but it seems almost pointless because it seems like everytime she wants to be feed so he ends up having to wake me up anyways. last nite she actually slept for almost 2 hours so i got a lil sleep but not much. its so hard but everyone keeps telling me it will get better over time. we have that sheep too she likes the rain button on it first nite i turned it one she slept for an hour. thing i dont get is during the day if she wets or poops she will sleep right through it but let it happen at night and she is screaming like crazy!!! hope for both of our sakes our lil ones come around soon

congrats fifi!!!! shes beautiful!!

Congrats Fifi :)nice pics !
Turns out iwent into labor the night of my due date around 5-6 pm.
I had my baby girl Ella Sophia 7lbs 10 oz vbac at 3:44 AM Monday, sans pain meds (not intentionally but epi did not work).
Hope everyone is well

Just been updating the front page, is it up to date?
Bumpkin Babies
26th Sept
2.13pm :blue:Flutterly:blue: Zachary Arthur Stephen Philbrick 7lbs 1oz

28th Sept
9:48am :blue:Twinkie210:blue: Liam Oliver 9lb 6oz
9:05 pm :pink: Mel9996 :pink: Madalynn Ann 7 lbs 8oz

6th October
1 28am :pink:fifi-folle:pink: Cassandra Ann, 8lb11oz

8th October
3 44am :pink:Hopeful42nd:pink: Ella Sophia 7lbs 10 oz

Congrats Fifi and Hopeful!!! :happydance: It's so fun coming back to this site after the weekend and seeing new babies being born.

Sorry you didn't get the vbac you wanted Fifi, but I'm glad it was a better experience this time around.

How was it with no meds Hopeful?? That's what I'm hoping for, so I'm curious how you handled it. Can't wait to see pics!!

Had my 39 week appt today and there has been zero progress. Cervix is way posterior and I'm only 1.5 dilated. Bummer. Midwife did a sweep though, so I'm hoping that may help, but don't have my hopes up too high. Little girl seems very content where she is right now.

Anyone else getting close???

Finally 37 weeks here :) Still my Son came 10 days early (fingers crossed LOL)

Congrats Fifi and hopeful :) :)

We co-slept last night in a hope that OH could sleep before going back to work today...Zach slept through till 5am!!!!! I woke up on and off as I was so worried about having him next to me! He woke up for a feed, faffed around for a while then fell back to sleep while I was getting ready and I rejoined him till he woke up at 9!! And he did sleep for an hour and a half in his Moses basket yesterday and now he's asleep in his swing which has allowed me to have breaking and a cup of tea! He must know how worried I was about OH going back to work!!

Congrats Fifi and hopeful :) :)

We co-slept last night in a hope that OH could sleep before going back to work today...Zach slept through till 5am!!!!! I woke up on and off as I was so worried about having him next to me! He woke up for a feed, faffed around for a while then fell back to sleep while I was getting ready and I rejoined him till he woke up at 9!! And he did sleep for an hour and a half in his Moses basket yesterday and now he's asleep in his swing which has allowed me to have breaking and a cup of tea! He must know how worried I was about OH going back to work!!

we started out with DS trying to have him sleep in his moses basket but quickly discovered he actually slept if he was in with us. With Cassie we haven't even tried putting her down to sleep alone! I've been co-sleeping with her since she was delivered! If you think about other mammals they all sleep with their babies - it's totally natural!

Current being monitored for GD so having to test blood sugar 7x day for a week with a scan at end. Looking more and more like I'll be induced around due date now unless I have the fortune to go naturally early (unlikely though as first was 2 weeks over). Plans for a natural, speedy in and out of hospital scuppered due to all the monitoring me and new babba will be subjected to. Really didn't want to be induced this time but nevermind.

Having a very emo day today. You know when you're struggling not to cry all the time but not sure why? Pretty fed up of work now too. Roll on next Friday!

I just want to eat lots of cake. But am not allowed.

Ok, whinge and moan over. Thanks :) Needed that.

Congrats Fifi and Hopeful!!! :happydance: It's so fun coming back to this site after the weekend and seeing new babies being born.

Sorry you didn't get the vbac you wanted Fifi, but I'm glad it was a better experience this time around.

How was it with no meds Hopeful?? That's what I'm hoping for, so I'm curious how you handled it. Can't wait to see pics!!

Well I not gonna sugarcoat it. It hurt like hell, was excruciating in my back and hips. I was tithing around on the bed, it did help for a bit concentrating on squeezing hubby's hands and arms and focusing on slow breething in and out through contracting, but once transition hit I couldn't control it, I screamed and begged for some sort of pain relief which they offered to retry the epi if I could sit still (lol, fn impossible as I was almost contracting back to back). I thought I was still 5 cm and failing to progress in that much pain as there what the stupid resident told me, so I begged them to put me out and section cause I couldn't deal with the pain anymore. So they grabbed the OB who checked me and said I was 8 1/2, broke my waters and all of a sudden I was 10 cm, and she said, you can push through the pain now! It hurt but was relief. I pushed about three sets(breaths) on 4 contractions and she was born :) it was just crazy, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I have quite the story to tell now I guess.
Ladies who haven't delivered yet make sure they take your bloods as soon as you go in so you can get your pain relief timely, as sometimes they only get one shot to place it right, which they don't always do.

I've been told it was worse for me as I was unprepared for it, if you plan on not having meds you take classes or learn coping mechanisms (like the Bradley method etc). You'll do fine so long as you prepped :)

Hopeful, wow, congrats!! Sorry the pain was so much but sounds like you got through it! We want to see pics! :)

Had my 39 week appt today and there has been zero progress. Cervix is way posterior and I'm only 1.5 dilated. Bummer. Midwife did a sweep though, so I'm hoping that may help, but don't have my hopes up too high. Little girl seems very content where she is right now.

Anyone else getting close???

I had my 38 week appointment today and I have ZERO progress too. Not even dilated in the slightest!! I am trying not to be bummed but I have some faith that it will all happen at once--labor and dilation. Only time will tell!

Congratulations Hopefull!

Flutterly, I have always co-slept. I have also they settle into their own beds when you are both ready, so I have done it time and time again :) works for everyone in our home.

I am ticking by here! We are all betting on when the baby will come and see which one of us is correct. My bet is the 24th. My son is 9 on Sunday and my daughter thinks the baby will come then :haha: my son is NOT happy about that thought!!

Fifi what is that wrap called?

Cheshire- im predicting either 16th or 24th of this month. My first 2 were born on the 16th of the month and 24th is when i'm 39+2, coincidentally when they were born. :)

Congratulations Hopefull!

Flutterly, I have always co-slept. I have also they settle into their own beds when you are both ready, so I have done it time and time again :) works for everyone in our home.

I am ticking by here! We are all betting on when the baby will come and see which one of us is correct. My bet is the 24th. My son is 9 on Sunday and my daughter thinks the baby will come then :haha: my son is NOT happy about that thought!!

Fifi what is that wrap called?

Even my DH wasn't happy with the thought of sharing his birthday (3rd), DD held off til 6th so he was happy!
The wrap is a Didymos, Garnet waves. It was the first wrap I bought, it's so well broken in. I also have:
Bebina Rainbow
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8454/7930198070_2da202b69a_n.jpg
Didymos Nautilus Aqua:
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7268/7817644538_fd4009f760_n.jpg
And a silk ring sling which I don't yet have a picture of.

Do you babywear?

Sophie May due on the 7th arrived on the 10th at 12:34pm weighing 8lb 3oz

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->