~~++October Bumpkins 2012++~~

I've been keeping up with you ladies but haven't had the chance to post in a while. Congrats to Madrid and Anna for your great appointments and scans!! I now fully understand the relief you feel seeing your little bean all snug and cozy. I had some sharp pains last night and doc had me come in this afternoon to make sure it wasn't an ectopic. So I got to see my little pumpkin's sack, yolk sack, fetal pole and saw/heard the heartbeat. The tech said the heart was flickering at around 100 bmp which is normal for 6 weeks. What a relief!!!!! I'm so happy right now and am enjoying being pregnant for the first time. I really haven't let myself believe this is all going to work this time but today gave me a glimmer of hope. So, here's a pic from today

It is a relief isn't it?? I know I feel tons better. Now it's like we know the little ones are in there and doing great, so we can all breathe and start to enjoy our pregnancies. Congrats on your scan!!!

I thought I would cry seeing that flickering heartbeat but it was squashed by the tech reminding me I'm still not out of the woods and anything could still happen.... gee thanks! Oh well.... I'm feeling the worst I've felt this whole pregnancy today. I'm not sure if it was the McDonald's burger I was forced to eat for lunch (it was either that or starve)... I've decided I'll starve next time :haha: But, boy.... I felt the same motion sickness type feeling I did with both my boys. I knew it was going to start any day... but I was secretly hoping MS would skip right over me this time. Maybe it won't be that bad this time FX!!!!!

Really?? That's a pretty crappy tech. :growlmad: They are supposed to reassure us and tell us not to stress. I've noticed now that I'm not stressed, I don't feel the crampy stuff as often as I did before. No one is ever truly out of the woods, but your odds have gone up significantly since seeing the heartbeat; just remember that. :thumbup: I've had a few bouts of nausea, but then I just have to eat very quickly and it settles it. Other than that, I'm good. Hope you have some ginger pops or something to suck on to help you!

I've been keeping up with you ladies but haven't had the chance to post in a while. Congrats to Madrid and Anna for your great appointments and scans!! I now fully understand the relief you feel seeing your little bean all snug and cozy. I had some sharp pains last night and doc had me come in this afternoon to make sure it wasn't an ectopic. So I got to see my little pumpkin's sack, yolk sack, fetal pole and saw/heard the heartbeat. The tech said the heart was flickering at around 100 bmp which is normal for 6 weeks. What a relief!!!!! I'm so happy right now and am enjoying being pregnant for the first time. I really haven't let myself believe this is all going to work this time but today gave me a glimmer of hope. So, here's a pic from today

It is a relief isn't it?? I know I feel tons better. Now it's like we know the little ones are in there and doing great, so we can all breathe and start to enjoy our pregnancies. Congrats on your scan!!!

I thought I would cry seeing that flickering heartbeat but it was squashed by the tech reminding me I'm still not out of the woods and anything could still happen.... gee thanks! Oh well.... I'm feeling the worst I've felt this whole pregnancy today. I'm not sure if it was the McDonald's burger I was forced to eat for lunch (it was either that or starve)... I've decided I'll starve next time :haha: But, boy.... I felt the same motion sickness type feeling I did with both my boys. I knew it was going to start any day... but I was secretly hoping MS would skip right over me this time. Maybe it won't be that bad this time FX!!!!!

Really?? That's a pretty crappy tech. :growlmad: They are supposed to reassure us and tell us not to stress. I've noticed now that I'm not stressed, I don't feel the crampy stuff as often as I did before. No one is ever truly out of the woods, but your odds have gone up significantly since seeing the heartbeat; just remember that. :thumbup: I've had a few bouts of nausea, but then I just have to eat very quickly and it settles it. Other than that, I'm good. Hope you have some ginger pops or something to suck on to help you!

I know, seriously!?!?!? She was pretty reassuring up until that comment. I guess she was just being truthful but at that moment, I could've done without. I'm comforted by knowing there's a heartbeat and my chances of a successful pregnancy has gone up to 95%.

I totally forgot ginger pops today while I was out :dohh: I guess if this gets too bad, I'll send DH out for some. For now, it's manageable. I heard peppermint candies do the trick too?? Anyone have any success with those? I saw a bag of them at BJs today and considered buying some. Got myself some pineapple since that tasted REALLY good this morning. I just remembered Easter is right around the corner and that means only one thing.... JELLY BEANS!!!!!! I was totally addicted to those last year and I wasn't even pregnant LOL This year that world needs to Watch out!!! I may just go buy stock in the company now :haha:

I sip peppermint tea or ginger tea for MS.... both work great!! Have had some seriously quesy episodes over the past couple of days but no actual throwing up yet.... been close though!!

Congratulations to all those who've had a scan the past couple of days!! Annabelle so so happy for you that everythings ok - hope you can manage to relax and enjoy your weekend now :)

Anyone else too exhausted to move??

Twokiddos what's wrong with that woman? Sometimes it seems they don't realise how every single comment can affect us. Arghhhh.
I'm having ms but I tend to either drink water or have a chewing gum, or something to eat but ginger is a huge NO,NO for me. If I take it I'll probably be sick for real :haha:

Imalso very tired Emsmum. My dh is getting a bit annoyed about it too. It's like they don't realise how much wedo until we can't do it any lo ger & we ask them to do it. Yesterday he was complaining about having to carry all the groceries home. He said if youcant carry it, don't buy. Ok, no more food shopping in 2 weeks now. We'll see how heckled going to the Tesco metro around the corner, lol

My husband doesn't really care if I'm tired and leave things till I feel up to it. So long as there is some form of dinner to eat. It could be chicken strips and fries and he's happy :) as for the days I can't even bear to do that hell pick us up something. Im finding making my sons meals challenging. Some of it makes me gag, like bananas, his baby cereal,I'm so glad he's mostly moved on to our food, I think purses would kill me!

That ultrasound tech should learn that she wasn't trained to be your doctor. They are simply supposed to give their findings to your doc to go over with you. Sorry she made you worry unnecessarily.

DH is usually really good with picking up the slack when I just can't do things (like the dishes... sometimes the smell just makes me want to gag, especially if it's grease from meat) But he's been stressed about work related stuff and I haven't really wanted to bother him with how I've been feeling. One little comment from the u/s tech really put me into a tail spin. I had already been having the same thoughts but to hear it from a medical professional really hit deep. I finally broke down to DH over something completely unrelated. I think he had said, jokingly of course, that maybe we should get a maid. That just set me off and I went to the bedroom to have a big cry about it. He came upstairs and I was finally able to open up to him with exactly how nervous, scared and upset I was. It's amazing, but all those feelings are gone now that I've finally said them out loud to someone. I'm now of the opinion that I need to stop reading negative posts here. As much as I want to give support, it's been hurting me. I also need to accept that fact that what will happen will happen and there's nothing I can do to stop it. Since coming to this conclusion, I've actually enjoyed the last 2 days of my pregnancy for the first time. I still worry but it isn't all-consuming. I do pray we all have healthy pregnancies and m/c wasn't even something we had to think about. Sorry for the rant and I hope my words can help someone else who may be feeling the same way.

Beautiful scan twokiddos! And congrats!! H&H 9 months!

Hi ladies,

May I join? I EDD according to the doc is October 27th.... Could tip over into november and still very early really..

Nice to meet you all. :)

Xxx

DH is usually really good with picking up the slack when I just can't do things (like the dishes... sometimes the smell just makes me want to gag, especially if it's grease from meat) But he's been stressed about work related stuff and I haven't really wanted to bother him with how I've been feeling. One little comment from the u/s tech really put me into a tail spin. I had already been having the same thoughts but to hear it from a medical professional really hit deep. I finally broke down to DH over something completely unrelated. I think he had said, jokingly of course, that maybe we should get a maid. That just set me off and I went to the bedroom to have a big cry about it. He came upstairs and I was finally able to open up to him with exactly how nervous, scared and upset I was. It's amazing, but all those feelings are gone now that I've finally said them out loud to someone. I'm now of the opinion that I need to stop reading negative posts here. As much as I want to give support, it's been hurting me. I also need to accept that fact that what will happen will happen and there's nothing I can do to stop it. Since coming to this conclusion, I've actually enjoyed the last 2 days of my pregnancy for the first time. I still worry but it isn't all-consuming. I do pray we all have healthy pregnancies and m/c wasn't even something we had to think about. Sorry for the rant and I hope my words can help someone else who may be feeling the same way.

I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes I wondered if reading the stories of other ladies having problems makes me more paranoid than I normally would be. But it's nice having other people to talk to that understand the fears and worries and normal pregnancy issues, so it's worth it to me. Worrying doesn't do any of us any good. Each day our little pumpkins are getting stronger, so we just need to enjoy this time and try not to stress. :thumbup:

We're blueberries now!!!

I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes I wondered if reading the stories of other ladies having problems makes me more paranoid than I normally would be. But it's nice having other people to talk to that understand the fears and worries and normal pregnancy issues, so it's worth it to me. Worrying doesn't do any of us any good. Each day our little pumpkins are getting stronger, so we just need to enjoy this time and try not to stress. :thumbup:

We're blueberries now!!!

Annabelle this is sooo true. I have a bad habit of surfing forums and reading the negative posts and then getting paranoid that things are wrong... when logically I know everything is most likely fine!! Now I've confessed at work and now OH is recovered from flu and able to help me again am feeling sooo much more relaxed and more rested and am starting to just sit back and enjoy it again now... I'm just so impatient... I want a proper bump and movement!!

Yay on being blueberries!!

Welcome glitter!!!

I agree with not reading too many things in here. I just keep to my subscribe threads and I'm even trying to avoid coming here all the time as I used to. Feeling much more relaxed about the whole thing since.

Hi ladies,

May I join? I EDD according to the doc is October 27th.... Could tip over into november and still very early really..

Nice to meet you all. :)

Xxx
Welcome welcome and congrats on your bfp!!!!!

Hello ladies!
I thought there wasnt any october 2012 thread so one lady just started one, I guess we will transfer here lol.

I'm 23 years old, married for 2 years and expecting no.2! I'm due October 25th , but I'm sure I will deliver earlier:haha:

Now I was thinking shall we come up with a group name? With my son I was part of July Beach Bumps, I believe there's a pumpkins group already. Any ideas?

Hello Ladies I am due Oct 30th its been a long road to the prego side our DD is going to be 8 in April so here is to her better late than never sib we are over the moon excited!!! And DH bday is Oct 24 I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to give him a bday baby:happydance:

Oh god, what happened to me this morning? I feel sick sick sick, trying so hard not to puke right now and just catnap on the couch. Not succeeding

Can I join? I'm due October 1st...so barely make it in! :)

Hello and welcome everyone!

Can I have a moan please? Been feeling very light headed and shaky all day at work and have come home to a tiny bit of brown mucus when I wiped. My head says its nothing because the nausea/dizziness/bump all suggest everythings find but just feeling very sick and fed up and nervous now. 12 week scan feels like a long way away!!

Fifi folle I love the idea of coming up with a name! Will get my thinking cap on....

Welcome everyone!! So glad our little group is growing! :flower:

Good idea about a name Fifi! It would still be nice to reference pumpkins somewhere in it, but I'll start thinking also.

Emsmum - Try not to worry about the spotting. It's so common; I wished I had known how common when I had my spotting issue. There are so many things that can inflame the cervix and cause it to spot a little. I would try not to worry unless you have lots of cramping with it, but I understand completely why it would make you nervous. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->