October bumpkins 2019

Hello ladies,

I’m very much active reader of this thread and want to say how much I am enjoying being part of it so thank you all.

Hope the mystery of twins Butterflywolf is resolved on Friday when you speak to the doctor.... such an odd situation to have multiple at different rates. An echo sounds like a reasonable explanation but you need your mind putting at rest.

After our private scan at 18.5 weeks we have had reassurance baby is growing beautifully and no signs of issue. Still feeling nervous for the 20 week routine scan as I know it’s more in depth. More anxious this time as it’s our second and if anything wasn’t quite right it affects our son also.

So we found out baby 2 is a boy and it’s lively knowing we will have two boys 5 years apart who hopefully grow to be close.

There was a little part of me that was hoping for a girl now I know we are having a boy. No idea where this urgent for a girl has come from. Never felt such a feeling after having our son and only decided in the last 12 months to try for another as were happy with one child.

Anyone else going through gender envy now they have find out. Don’t get me wrong I’m so happy to have a mother beautiful boy. Just know if we stay at 2 children which is highly likely I will never experience having a daughter and it hurts a little but feel guilty saying this aloud as I know babies are miracles and precious no matter of gender.

Any thoughts or reassurance this is natural and tips wold be so appreciated xxx

Hello ladies,

I’m very much active reader of this thread and want to say how much I am enjoying being part of it so thank you all.

Hope the mystery of twins Butterflywolf is resolved on Friday when you speak to the doctor.... such an odd situation to have multiple at different rates. An echo sounds like a reasonable explanation but you need your mind putting at rest.

After our private scan at 18.5 weeks we have had reassurance baby is growing beautifully and no signs of issue. Still feeling nervous for the 20 week routine scan as I know it’s more in depth. More anxious this time as it’s our second and if anything wasn’t quite right it affects our son also.

So we found out baby 2 is a boy and it’s lively knowing we will have two boys 5 years apart who hopefully grow to be close.

There was a little part of me that was hoping for a girl now I know we are having a boy. No idea where this urgent for a girl has come from. Never felt such a feeling after having our son and only decided in the last 12 months to try for another as were happy with one child.

Anyone else going through gender envy now they have find out. Don’t get me wrong I’m so happy to have a mother beautiful boy. Just know if we stay at 2 children which is highly likely I will never experience having a daughter and it hurts a little but feel guilty saying this aloud as I know babies are miracles and precious no matter of gender.

Any thoughts or reassurance this is natural and tips wold be so appreciated xxx
I think it's normal to feel that way a bit. I really wanted a girl, which I was so happy to find out I'm actually having this time. Though there was still this random thought about what I'd miss out on since it wasn't a boy.

Linds congratulations on making team blue!
I feel you on the gender envy. I was really hoping to have a boy this time around as my eldest is the only boy and I have 4 girls after him. We have girl number 5 onboard and I can’t help but feel a little sad every now and then as this baby is also my last. Don’t get me wrong I love her to bits already, I just had so much hope I’d get a blue bundle this time around.

Afm, 21 weeks today. 9 more weeks and I’ll be starting my weekly countdown to baby...eeek!!!

Guys....just to throwing it out there on how tough you all are for going past baby number 1. I don't know how you were like "oh let's do this again" (as in pregnancy). This has been some of the hardest times in my life, being pregnant, and I envy those who were willingly ready to do it again.

Pregnancy is SO hard!

Guys....just to throwing it out there on how tough you all are for going past baby number 1. I don't know how you were like "oh let's do this again" (as in pregnancy). This has been some of the hardest times in my life, being pregnant, and I envy those who were willingly ready to do it again.

Pregnancy is SO hard!

My first pregnancy was horrendous. It was so hard I couldn’t understand why people talked about pregnancy like it was a good thing :haha:

This pregnancy has been a DREAM in comparison. Honestly it’s amazing to me how different they’ve been. So if you decide you want to try for another just remember it could be completely different!

Sorry you’re having a rough go though, just try and get through one day at a time - soon your LO will be here and it’ll seem like ancient history!

Pregnancy is SO hard!
I feel this! Pregnancy is tough going! Keep saying this baby is going to be an only child haha!

Hi ladies

So I have half of my blood results back. The liver function which is now normol so they have told me to reduce the steroids to just 1 tablet a day instead of 2.
Dont get me wrong I'm very happy my liver function is back to normol but the results I really wanted was the bile acid levels and they dont have those results back yet.
She said she will let me know as soon as they come in. But I may have to wait till Tuesday next week because of the bank holiday.
So I'm still sat here worrying because its them bile acid levels that effects the baby.

@Suggerhoney sorry you have still to wait for some results.. if it was bad news would they not have been back by now or do the bloods take abit longer??

I feel this! Pregnancy is tough going! Keep saying this baby is going to be an only child haha!

I maybe feel good once a week at this point? I'm always nauseated and sick or overly tired and recently my joints have just been killing me. I'm miserable most days and get more headaches now than ever before. Pregnancy is kicking my ass.

Linds - Gender disappointment is very common. I was crying in bed for 3 hours when I found out my first was gonna be a boy. I'm still not too happy since it looks like this next one is a boy too, but at least I didn't cry. If baby #3 is another boy though, I might be devastated cuz I doubt SO will go for #4. #3 is gonna be a struggle as it is.

Nolimit - Sorry that you're struggling. But it's true that each pregnancy can be very different. I was pretty alright with my first and so far so good with is one as well. Either way, it's only for a short time and a baby is more than worth it.

Sugger - Sorry that you have to wait longer for your results. FX everything comes back good though. Just try to enjoy your weekend.

AFM, had my MW appt today. My BP was good, baby's HB was 156, and I got my req for my anatomy scan, which is in 9 days. Nothing exciting.

Oh yes Linds I meant to comment on the gender disappointment as well - obviously I’ve struggled with that haha. I had it with my DS1 but not as bad as I really expected him to be a boy. This time was much worse as I was convinced it was a girl, and I don’t know if we want more than 2 kids. So I cried a lot but eventually I got over it. It’s mainly hard because the babies to us are still just an idea since we haven’t met them yet. Once we meet them they become real and you won’t be able to imagine it any other way. I would never change my son into a daughter even if I could (although I would for this baby right now haha). I’m sure once this LO is born I’ll say the exact same thing.

Someone once told me that your kids have set personalities regardless of their gender, and that really helped me. Like your baby is your baby, and that baby will like and dislike certain things whether it ends up being a boy or a girl. You could have a boy who loves drawing pictures and playing pretend, and a girl who is rough and tumble who loves sports and playing in the mud. Anyhow that helped me keep things in perspective xx

I think it's normal to feel that way a bit. I really wanted a girl, which I was so happy to find out I'm actually having this time. Though there was still this random thought about what I'd miss out on since it wasn't a boy.

It’s tough isn’t it finding emotions that spring from no where.... so happy for you a baby girl xxx

Linds congratulations on making team blue!
I feel you on the gender envy. I was really hoping to have a boy this time around as my eldest is the only boy and I have 4 girls after him. We have girl number 5 onboard and I can’t help but feel a little sad every now and then as this baby is also my last. Don’t get me wrong I love her to bits already, I just had so much hope I’d get a blue bundle this time around.

Afm, 21 weeks today. 9 more weeks and I’ll be starting my weekly countdown to baby...eeek!!!

Congratulations to you to have team pink on board. It’s so hard isn’t it and feel guilty for even having any niggle. Baby is healthy from what they could assess - 20 week routine scan will tell us more in depth but nevertheless emotions come into play and play tricks on you.

Thank you for your reassurance and hope that this will pass xxx

Pregnancy is SO hard!

Hehe it took me 4 years to try again after a very happy healthy first pregnancy and a pleasure of a son to be honest. Just a hanger of lifestyle and getting easier made it harder to commit to baby 2. A sibling was a huge factor in why we have but every pregnant is different so don’t let this put you off x

Linds - Gender disappointment is very common. I was crying in bed for 3 hours when I found out my first was gonna be a boy. I'm still not too happy since it looks like this next one is a boy too, but at least I didn't cry. If baby #3 is another boy though, I might be devastated cuz I doubt SO will go for #4. #3 is gonna be a struggle as it is.

Nolimit - Sorry that you're struggling. But it's true that each pregnancy can be very different. I was pretty alright with my first and so far so good with is one as well. Either way, it's only for a short time and a baby is more than worth it.

Sugger - Sorry that you have to wait longer for your results. FX everything comes back good though. Just try to enjoy your weekend.

AFM, had my MW appt today. My BP was good, baby's HB was 156, and I got my req for my anatomy scan, which is in 9 days. Nothing exciting.

Thank you for the reassurance this will pass and that I’m not alone.... each day is easier and I focus on our future as a mummy of boys which I know is a very privileged place to be. I have friends who are unable to have children and thinking about gender envy is happening to me is such an awful thing and now to share with others around me that are caring and understand - thank you ladies xx

Oh yes Linds I meant to comment on the gender disappointment as well - obviously I’ve struggled with that haha. I had it with my DS1 but not as bad as I really expected him to be a boy. This time was much worse as I was convinced it was a girl, and I don’t know if we want more than 2 kids. So I cried a lot but eventually I got over it. It’s mainly hard because the babies to us are still just an idea since we haven’t met them yet. Once we meet them they become real and you won’t be able to imagine it any other way. I would never change my son into a daughter even if I could (although I would for this baby right now haha). I’m sure once this LO is born I’ll say the exact same thing.

Someone once told me that your kids have set personalities regardless of their gender, and that really helped me. Like your baby is your baby, and that baby will like and dislike certain things whether it ends up being a boy or a girl. You could have a boy who loves drawing pictures and playing pretend, and a girl who is rough and tumble who loves sports and playing in the mud. Anyhow that helped me keep things in perspective xx

Wow thank you this is helping me so much. Those are very wise words indeed and il cherish them.
My boys are my world and knowing they will have eachother and things in common as they grow up is comforting.
My boy now is open to Disney, drawing and cuddles - has such a sensitive side and understands my love for Disney princess / always calling me belle or beauty bless him saying it’s me xxx as you say it’s not down to gender specially it’s their personality and our boy now is a huge part of how I am so we share a lot in common. Perhaps knowing this I have the best of both.... until he grows up a little more eh haha xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->