October bumpkins 2019

Had our 20 week scan today! Baby is only measuring 20w2d so back pretty much on track! Heartbeat was 137 bpm and baby weighs a whole 12oz! She said everything looked perfect <3 I’m 96% sure it’s a boy!! Could be wrong still but that’s what I’m sticking with!
Kid is activeeeeee! Never stopped kicking and she mentioned my anterior placenta and that I’ll be feeling baby really soon because baby is a mover! Baby also had it’s legs and feet over it’s head! Lol totally golden in half! Post a photo soon!

Oh girls think this sickness I'm having is actually the stomach flu/bug. Now having diarrhea (sorry tmi) and had to ring in sick to work. Feel absolutely awful and look white as a ghost. And of course my doctors are on a staff training day this afternoon so can't even ring them. Rang the community midwives for piece of mind and they told me to keep my fluids up and if im no better tomorrow ring my doctors again.

Had our 20 week scan today! Baby is only measuring 20w2d so back pretty much on track! Heartbeat was 137 bpm and baby weighs a whole 12oz! She said everything looked perfect <3 I’m 96% sure it’s a boy!! Could be wrong still but that’s what I’m sticking with!
Kid is activeeeeee! Never stopped kicking and she mentioned my anterior placenta and that I’ll be feeling baby really soon because baby is a mover! Baby also had it’s legs and feet over it’s head! Lol totally golden in half! Post a photo soon!
Awww that's brilliant! Can't wait for my scan next Friday!

Ah great news that all went well x can't wait to see pics

Congrats on the excellent scan!

And sorry you’re sick Jessie, hope you feel better soon.

I’ve heard of that leg cramping in pregnancy, is it the same as restless leg syndrome? Also Sugger I laughed at your hot dog comment :haha: it did look delicious!!

AFM not much to report, I did feel baby kicking me right in the bladder last night, I was like oh thanks haha. If this were my DS1 I would have been freaking out at lack of movement, but now I’m kind of enjoying the peace :haha: Elias was such a crazy mover, it was reassuring but also I’d be like gooooo to sleep haha. So I’m trying to enjoy my last few weeks of quiet before baby gets big and starts jamming his feet in my hip sockets.

Took a bump picture at yesterday and compared it to my 18 week pic with DS1, holy cow. I knew people said you show more with future pregnancies but I didn’t realize how much :shock:

DS1 on the left, new baby on the right.

D7492102-118D-46B1-B85C-A56962E7AFBF.jpeg

@Shorty88
Every week when its something new I'm like ooooow that looks nice Haha but the hotdog is killing me. I just want to reach in and grab it Haha. Sorry ure not well sweet. Sounds like a tummy bug bless ya. Just make sure u drink little and often and rest hon. Hope u feel better soon. Sending hugs<3

@brittany12
Amazing news about ure scan hon glad it went so well. I cant wait for mine next week but so nervous about it.
Welcome to the anterior placenta club doll it seems a few of us on here have it. Out of everywhere it can be why does It have to be there. So annoying.
I feel movements daily but there not very strong. Only been feeling them for the past week and a half.
The back of my pelvis has been a little sore so I hope that isn't the start of things.
Cant wait to see ure scan pics.
Ure babies HB is same rate as mine. Did u get to see between babies legs?

@Sander
U wait on Friday it will change again and it will be something else to stare at all week that looks yummy hahaha.

Still not had my bloodtest results so looks like I have to wait until tommorow now. Urghhhh :hissy:

@Shorty88
Every week when its something new I'm like ooooow that looks nice Haha but the hotdog is killing me. I just want to reach in and grab it Haha. Sorry ure not well sweet. Sounds like a tummy bug bless ya. Just make sure u drink little and often and rest hon. Hope u feel better soon. Sending hugs<3

@brittany12
Amazing news about ure scan hon glad it went so well. I cant wait for mine next week but so nervous about it.
Welcome to the anterior placenta club doll it seems a few of us on here have it. Out of everywhere it can be why does It have to be there. So annoying.
I feel movements daily but there not very strong. Only been feeling them for the past week and a half.
The back of my pelvis has been a little sore so I hope that isn't the start of things.
Cant wait to see ure scan pics.
Ure babies HB is same rate as mine. Did u get to see between babies legs?

@Sander
U wait on Friday it will change again and it will be something else to stare at all week that looks yummy hahaha.

Still not had my bloodtest results so looks like I have to wait until tommorow now. Urghhhh :hissy:
She had to do leg measurements and also is required to document between the legs so I got somewhat of a peek but made sure she didn’t tell me and I closed my eyes when she documented it. I honestly don’t know based on what I saw on the scan. Just going with heart rate compared to my other babies!

Hey ladies, quick question. I had a scan back at 6w 5d is what I measured. Which put me a little ahead of what I expected but no surprise either as I make huge babies as well (9.3 lbs and 10.5 lbs one 22in and one 21.5 inches). Anyway they didn't look around once they saw one baby they zoomed in that was that.

I am now 18w 1d I am feeling movement all over. I got a doppler couple weeks ago. I can pick up a heartbeat a few inches above belly button on either side typically that one is about 145 bpm. Then I can pick up another one down below under my gut either on left or right side, but normally left of 160 bpm. My heartbeat is NOT either one of those. I normally have a heartbeat of 80-100. I feel movement at the same time up high and down low. I'm probably just crazy and anxious for my next scan which is still 2.5 weeks away. June 7th. I do have an apt on Friday and I plan on asking my doctor that there is no chance of it being twins because I DO NOT want twins. I can't handle them. I came around to wanting a third baby but that took a couple of months. I don't think I can handle mentally if it was twins. I mean I would but I'd rather not.

Experiences on this please. Also I know what a 'whoosh' sound is and it isn't the placenta on either of those that I am hearing. I can find the placenta and the whooshing of that easy enough and that isn't as high as the hb I find.

Thank you for amusing this crazy lady.

Also side note I never had this crazy feeling of twins this badly with either of my successful pregnancies before.

Wow. I'd say it's all in your head but the two different heart rates is perplexing at the very least. I hope your doctor just scans you there and then and gives you a definitive answer.

Butterfly is your Doppler giving you those numbers or are you calculating them yourself? Just wondering because my Doppler doesn’t tell me, if I want to know I have to count for 60 seconds but I’ve found it’s not super accurate.

I know as baby gets bigger you can hear the heartbeat in different spots because it’s easier for the Doppler to pick it up. But if there are 2 then yeah it could be twins! It would be pretty crazy but who knows it’s possible. Do you have a doc appointment before your scan? I would ask them!

@butterflywolf is there no way to get a private scan maybe? 6 weeks was such a long time ago and if you have been worried about this the whole time, it cant be good for your mental health!
otherwise really lay it on thick with your doctor , maybe get them to try and search for the 2 heartbeats where you normally find them, see what they say?x

Butterfly is your Doppler giving you those numbers or are you calculating them yourself? Just wondering because my Doppler doesn’t tell me, if I want to know I have to count for 60 seconds but I’ve found it’s not super accurate.

I know as baby gets bigger you can hear the heartbeat in different spots because it’s easier for the Doppler to pick it up. But if there are 2 then yeah it could be twins! It would be pretty crazy but who knows it’s possible. Do you have a doc appointment before your scan? I would ask them!

Heart calculation trick: count for 10 seconds and multiply by 6. Way more accurate I've found :)

I was going to say count for ten seconds and multiply XD My doppler shows the bpm, but I can also count and I'm fairly close to what the doppler puts out. Today I'm convinced it has to just be an echo. It's the most logical explanation. Again I hear movement no matter which heartbeat I pick up. The one on the bottom today was more laxed though and around 152 bpm, and then the one on top was more active and a pain to find, but was around 160 bpm. About 6 inches apart from each other.

I do plan on talking to my doctor on Friday for my next check up and get his opinion. He may pull out the portable u/s if anything to just calm me. I really have no idea why I'm this crazy about it being more than one. I can only think it's because this baby was such a surprise that I'm just that paranoid. I only had the doppler since 14w5d so it isn't like that caused me to worry about twins on the first half. I was starting to worry/wonder about it starting at 11 weeks.

I didn't have morning sickness though I never get that. I did have a harder insomnia and being extremely tired for a lot longer, but I could play that up to being depressed a bit and unsure about the pregnancy for awhile. I'm just starting to get some energy back at 18 weeks. Normally I have my energy back by 12 weeks.

I was going to say count for ten seconds and multiply XD My doppler shows the bpm, but I can also count and I'm fairly close to what the doppler puts out. Today I'm convinced it has to just be an echo. It's the most logical explanation. Again I hear movement no matter which heartbeat I pick up. The one on the bottom today was more laxed though and around 152 bpm, and then the one on top was more active and a pain to find, but was around 160 bpm. About 6 inches apart from each other.

I do plan on talking to my doctor on Friday for my next check up and get his opinion. He may pull out the portable u/s if anything to just calm me. I really have no idea why I'm this crazy about it being more than one. I can only think it's because this baby was such a surprise that I'm just that paranoid. I only had the doppler since 14w5d so it isn't like that caused me to worry about twins on the first half. I was starting to worry/wonder about it starting at 11 weeks.

I didn't have morning sickness though I never get that. I did have a harder insomnia and being extremely tired for a lot longer, but I could play that up to being depressed a bit and unsure about the pregnancy for awhile. I'm just starting to get some energy back at 18 weeks. Normally I have my energy back by 12 weeks.

How strange hon. It's weird that ure getting 2 different speed heartbeats.
They really shud of scanned u again by now as 6 weeks was rite at the beginning and now were all coming on 5 months pregnant.
Definitely talk to ure doctor about it hon and I really hope he gets the portable scan out so u dont have to wait as long.
Is there any twins in ures or ure husbands family?

Still not had my blood results back I rang earlier and she said she wud let me know today but I've been in all day waiting and waitwaiting and not heard anything.
It's now 5:15pm so I haven't heard anything by 6pm then i guess its another night of worry.
Just praying its good news.

Still not had my blood results back I rang earlier and she said she wud let me know today but I've been in all day waiting and waitwaiting and not heard anything.
It's now 5:15pm so I haven't heard anything by 6pm then i guess its another night of worry.

How frustrating. The good thing is if you haven’t heard yet it’s likely good news. I always get frustrated that doctors can’t just give you a call. Like they must know people sit around worrying about results!

I feel you, Sushai. I'd like to comment more, but this group definitely moves fast and I'm not great with small talk. And I'd feel bad making every post a selfish post.

Sugger - Here's hoping your results are good and you continue to stay well.

Jessie - That sucks. FX you feel better soon.

brittany - Good to hear your scan went well.

butterfly - I feel like undiagnosed twins this late is highly unlikely. Keeping my FX that it's just one for you though.

AFM, been getting some mild to moderate lower back pain and RLP in my right side from a lot of repetitive movements at work. As well as some plantar fasciitis pain in my right heel and what feels like a pinched nerve on top of my left foot. But it's all worth it for a healthy LO. I think I've started to feel movements and I'm still finding the HB with my doppler. Got a MW appt on Thursday and my anatomy scan on June 1. And 22-ish week til mat leave. Thank F. lol

And here's my son. Monkey see, monkey do. lol

60458254_10156513841563095_5516708345785876480_n.jpg 60409847_10156513841688095_7756124420137025536_n.jpg

Hope you receive some good news today hun!

I had my 20 week scan yesterday. Baby boy is perfect. Although his tummy was measuring 21w4d... he seemed a bit worried but then asked what my son weighed when he was born and I said 9lb 6oz and he said oh I’m not concerned then, you’ll just have another big baby. Should I be worried?

CDBA0C3A-0FD8-4313-93F6-8786369B0928.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"