October bumpkins 2019

Shorty - Good for you for standing up for yourself. Sometimes people in the medical community are such dumbasses. My son has mild peniscroctal(sp?) webbing and I took him to a urologist and he said he would need surgery and he'd have to be circumcised (which I am EXTREMELY against) and that skin would be used to cover the incision and all that. I asked if delaying the surgery would give him time to grow more skin and then he wouldn't have to be circ'd and the Dr was like "Uh, why would you delay something he needs?" So, I got a 2nd opinion and the other Dr said he was totally fine and no need for surgery. Trust your mommy instincts always!

butterfly - Not sure what could be causing different HBs, but it probably is only one LO in there. :)

AFM, I had an opportunity to check if Alex's old car seat will fit into the universal adapter for that tandem stroller I want and it does. So, I guess it's just a matter of waiting for gift cards and then we'll get it. I also took the front side of his crib off and turned it into a toddler bed, not that he even uses it at my place. But we'll probably be spending the night there on Friday and one day later this month, so I guess we'll see if he likes it. I really wish we could get a crib for SO's place sooner rather than later though. I don't mind him cosleeping with us, but I'd rather he started out in his own bed, just so he can be used to it. Probably gonna bring this up with SO soon. I also did some number crunching and I don't think it'll be feasible for me to go back to work after mat leave, at least at my current job. 2 kids in daycare will cost $2890 a month and I only make $2634 before tax. So, if/when I do go back, it'll have to be somewhere else where I'll be making more, or wait til Alex starts school. Oh, and I treated myself to some capris and maternity panties from Thyme. hehe. Anywho, still feeling kicks and finding a HB, getting moderate round ligament pains on my right side from work, but it's all worth it.

Here's a blanket I've started for this baby and the one I made for my son a couple years ago. And the sleepy boy himself. lol

IMG_20190604_1912357.jpg 26166284_10155371019888095_506070191783128524_n.jpg IMG_20190529_0635492.jpg

@Shorty88 so proud of you for standing up to those morons. Very well done and i m sure you will manage this thing with diet and exercise :)

@Suggerhoney i m glad u r safe and healthy hon.. this pregnancy seems to be throwing up newer challenges at you, and u seem to be handling them so well :)
Glad u r home now

@xjessibabyx i had anterior placenta with DS and didn't really feel him till like 26-27 weeks, so dont worry

AFM, i have my Glucose test on 21st and i m pretty sure ill do bad. my 1& 2 hour sugar number is ok, but my fasting is crap. near upper limit of normal (90-95) and my doctor is going to give me an earful on it.. I am trying to control my sweet intake but these cravings are not helping me :|

22 week bump update pic! I already feel huge :/

Collage 2019-06-06 15_21_05.jpg

Last edited:
hi dont no if any of u would be interested, but i have just collected my free mam bottle and soother from boots, if u join up to the parenting app the voucher will be on there x

Got them aswell.. is it the one that it is a sterilizer aswell?

ah, @Shorty88 that is so cute! And I am so glad you did your research with the insulin, it is so easy for miscommunications between medical teams to be made which would have been the wrong choice for you. Well done for getting it under control with diet only aswell!
lovely bump @Demotivated at least you can tell you are pregnant! Still not much showing over here with me!

I bought the very first items for this little man today, a babygrow, blanket and a little teddy. I can definitely feel movements, and that is keeping me positive for now! I have my official 20 week scan tomorrow morning, and hopefully that will put my mind at rest a little more.
and finally, a barely-there bump pic at 20weeks 4 days...looks like there may be a kebab in there rather than a baby...!20190606_132557.jpg

Glad everything is ok @Shorty88 :)

Loving the bump pics girls! I’m huge, although not surprised, as I was with my first son too! Ignore my comfy bottoms lol so happy they go right under the boob haha!

How’s everyone feeling? The heartburn and spd is really hitting me hard :( x

9384DD31-0FCF-4DB3-879B-DE0F03897599.jpeg

Last edited:
Loving the bump pics, I need to take a new one, I've not taken one in a while!

Just wanted to post that baby has the hiccups right now <3 I don’t ever remember feeling them this early but my ds got them so much it’s an immediate “that’s them” moment. Also, DH felt baby for the first time just now!

Anomaly scan done. No structural abnormalities found. Femur length fell off the chart completely now, abdominal circumference measuring over a week behind, head circumference still on track.
Booked in with the consultant for next Thursday and growth scans have been booked from 24 weeks onwards so far.
I am relieved that he is still here, and doesn't seem to have an actual 'problem' but pretty worried that he is not getting the nutrition that he needs and what that means for the rest of the pregnancy.
20190608_081943.jpg

Last edited:
Update, it was probably an echo I picked up as there is only one baby in there yay. And it is a girl. She's measuring ahead just like her brother and sister, but no surprise as I make big ass babies. X'D She was also quite stubborn like her sister not wanting to get all the scans/measurements nor did she want to show her bits X'D

Oh wow what a relief for you!!!! So glad there's only one and she's healthy! Yay!

Update, it was probably an echo I picked up as there is only one baby in there yay. And it is a girl. She's measuring ahead just like her brother and sister, but no surprise as I make big ass babies. X'D She was also quite stubborn like her sister not wanting to get all the scans/measurements nor did she want to show her bits X'D

Glad everything is ok with baby girl. Congrats :) haha I just looked at your sig and your right, you really do make big babies lol! My first was 9lb 6oz... I’m dreading what this one will be! His belly measured 21w 4d when I was 19w 5d and the person who scanned me said I should expect a big baby again... so we shall see lol! X

Anomaly scan done. No structural abnormalities found. Femur length fell off the chart completely now, abdominal circumference measuring over a week behind, head circumference still on track.
Booked in with the consultant for next Thursday and growth scans have been booked from 24 weeks onwards so far.
I am relieved that he is still here, and doesn't seem to have an actual 'problem' but pretty worried that he is not getting the nutrition that he needs and what that means for the rest of the pregnancy.

View attachment 1062370

Oh hun so sorry that you are in such a worrying situation. I do hope that everything is ok and your next scan shows some good growth that reassures you❤️

View attachment 1062405
Hi hon.. just want to say my son was pretty much the same.. femur off the charts, AC behind.. only BPD & HC age appropriate..
He came out fine, just small at 6lbs.
He thrived better outside of course and is an amazing toddler today so pls try to be positive :*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->