October bumpkins 2019

I’m so glad everyone has had good scans so far.

Afm, I’ve reached viability day today! I’m so excited to have reached this point.

Congratulations on v day. I have another 11 days to go but time seems to going by fast now. It dragged the past few weeks but this week has gone by so so fast. 23 weeks on Monday so b day is so so close it's so cool how far we have all come

Aww it's a nightmare isn't it! Feel more worried now I've got two weeks to wait to see if everything is OK. Just hoping she is in a good position when we go back for the rescan

Ure be fine hon. Hope the next 2 weeks go by really quickly for you.

Hi ladies
Not feeling the greatest I've now full of a cold. My amune system must be so whack Haha.
On a brighter note. I know it was only last week i was saying how the past few weeks have dragged and dragged. But this week has flown by so fast. I cant believe I'll be 23 weeks on Monday and in 11 days it will be Vday. I remember talking about how I cant wait to get to VDay way back in the first trimester when I was only about 7 weeks hahah . And now its only 11 days away.
Vday is such a huge mile stone but at the same time I dont think i can fully fully relax until I'm about 30 weeks and I know that baby has a good chance in the outside if born.

When does the 3rd tri start?
Some things say 26 some say 27 which i thought it was and then some say 28. It's so confusing lol.

Feeling so much movement and kicks now and u can see my belly move when he kicks. Still feeling some things low down and others high up above my belly button.
I still have not brought anything for baby.
Well my husband brought a second hand crib and a swinging chair but both are being stored at friends houses until I'm at least 30+ weeks.
Been looking at prams just to get ideas but not brought any baby clothes. Gonna hold out until I'm 26 weeks b4 I start getting the onesies in.
Not sure what size to buy. We got DD new born stuff but because she was born early and was so tiny it was all huge on her and hubby had to go out and buy premmie baby stuff and even that was huge on her.
Think I'll just do the same this time. Will buy the new born stuff and when I know when I'm going to be having him and at what gestation I will go and get some smaller items. It all depends on how far they will allow me to go.
Still hoping for c section but I'm to scared to ask it seems to early still. I see my high risk ob/gyn at 26 weeks and I may ask about it then but I'm not sure if that's still to early. Plans are not normoly made until ure around 33 34 weeks.
Guess I will just see how I feel at the time.
Got a feeling I will have to do it natural tho I'm that is terrifying me after the traumatic experience I had last time.

Hi ladies its quiet on here I hope ure all having a good weekend so far.
We just made our first purchase for baby. We pick it up Tuesday but it will be remaining in the box until September.
20190615_161830.jpg
Was a total bargain £280 with the carry cot and car seat included. Things are really starting to feel real now. Was looking at all the boys clothes and they are so cute.

What a great deal Sugger!

We are hoping to avoid a double stroller if we can. By the time baby is born we’re going to be heading into colder weather, so I’m not expecting to take both kids out for walks etc until spring when my son will be nearly 2. So hopeeeefully we can avoid the extra cost and just use the single stroller we already have. But I guess we’ll see

Hi ladies its quiet on here I hope ure all having a good weekend so far.
We just made our first purchase for baby. We pick it up Tuesday but it will be remaining in the box until September.
View attachment 1062771
Was a total bargain £280 with the carry cot and car seat included. Things are really starting to feel real now. Was looking at all the boys clothes and they are so cute.

This is the travel system we have seen for baby girl but in the blush! It's stunning. Not sure when we will purchase it yet though x

It seems to be really popular right now alot of people had it. I'm going to be keeping it boxed up at my nan's house until I'm about 33 34 weeks and then we will bring it home and get it set up.

Ladies gonna ask a personal question but I'm really worried my bump is to big and I'm putting on to much weight.
I'm am 5ft 4 and a half inches tall and was 8 and a half stone.
I'm now 10 stone so that's a whole 21lbs I've put on and was reading that by 23 weeks u shud only have put on 12 to 14LBs.
Last time I measured the bump just 2 weeks ago it was 35 inches and now its 38 inches.
I've gone up 2 dress sizes. From a size 8 to a size 12 and my boobs are a whopping 34G.
I brought some lovely maternity leggings from H&M and they are far to tight with not much growing space for the bump so they have to go back to be changed to a bigger size.
At my scan she said baby is average for size but I'm scared I'm going to have a huge baby. I know I will have him early but im still scared he will be huge. My bump gets really achey and I'm so scared I'm going to have an elephant.

I'm nervous were going to have a big baby too. I'm not sure about the weight gain honestly but can you call your Dr and see? Is your diet different than prepregnancy?

I'm nervous were going to have a big baby too. I'm not sure about the weight gain honestly but can you call your Dr and see? Is your diet different than prepregnancy?

Hi hon

I wud say I'm eating more healthier this time around. But I'm am partial to biscuits/cookies but ate Tons of them with DD and she was only 5lb. She was 4 and half weeks early tho.
I know I'll be having this baby early so hes not gonna be huge huge but I'm scared he will be over 8lbs. I guess it all depends how early I have him. My tummy feels hard but u can still squish it so I'm thinking its mainly water.
I just seem to of put weight on everywhere. I was such a skinny minnie I used to cry because I hated how skinny I was. I am naturally petite in build and height. But I've put weight on my legs, thighs, butt, tops of arms and my face is more rounder.
I just went back to the shop with the maternity leggings thinking I needed the next size up but nope i need 2 more sizes up:oops:

I was a tiny size 6 for pants/trousers and a size 8 for shirts and dresses and now I'm a size 10 for dresses and shirts and a size 10 to 12 for trousers and pants. My husband keeps calling me a potato lol.
I've been looking at other womons bumps at 23 weeks and some are about the same as me so maybe its just the way baby is laying.
My DS1 was 8LBS 15oz but he was 14 days over due 42 weeks gestation.
The latest I can go with this pregnancy is 37 weeks so hopfully he wont be to big. About 6 or 7lbs wud be perfect Haha.
I was reading that a big bump doesn't mean a big baby and small bump doesnt mean a small baby it just depends how u carry and I guess because I'm only 5ft 4 it will look bigger. Pluss it's not my first.

I dont want a really tiny baby because they just scare me and my daughter was 5bls and that was scary small, but at the same time I dont want a massive baby because I'm only small. Just seem to be piling on the pounds lol.
I am on 5ml steroids for my liver so I'm wondering if that's why.
I see my midwife on Wednesday so I will bring all my concerns up to her. <3

I bet the steroids aren't helping! They make you retain water weight like CRAZY and puff up! When we went to our birth center tour the other week there were two other women who were also due in Oct - one you couldn't even tell was pregnant and the other looked like me. We were all on our first kid. I'm like you, very small usually in a size 6 and small to medium tops depending on the maker, but this other woman who carried like me was much larger than me but our bumps were about the same. I know at my 20 week scan baby was measured at 13 ounces and 11.5 inches which is above average for 20 weeks (more where they're supposed to be at 22/23 weeks according to a lot of data I've read) and I know those aren't always accurate but man it's got me worried this boy is going to be a 9/10 pound baby! I'm holding steady at around 13 pounds gained this pregnancy and the bottom of my bump is stiff but the top is all squish (I blame the baby for pushing around my insides). My baby has been head down for all my scans so I don't believe he's flipping around or laying horizontally - did they tell you which way your boy was laying when you go for your scans?

My belly always measured a week or 2 ahead and both babies were 6 pounds 13oz at almost 40 weeks. I bet it is just water weight

Nolimit my son measured like a pound heavier than he was supposed to at 29 weeks and I was majorly freaked out - he was born 7.4, so not very big at all!

I'm more worried about the opposite with weight gain. I've always been very slim, 5ft 5 and only 112 lbs and now im only 118 lbs. I know I've been very sick this pregnancy so it's probably why and I do have quite a significant bump for 23 and a half weeks. The hospital weren't worried at my 21 week scan but I'm back on Friday to take part in a training day for a doctor so I'll mention my little weight gain then and see what they say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->