October bumpkins 2019

I bet the steroids aren't helping! They make you retain water weight like CRAZY and puff up! When we went to our birth center tour the other week there were two other women who were also due in Oct - one you couldn't even tell was pregnant and the other looked like me. We were all on our first kid. I'm like you, very small usually in a size 6 and small to medium tops depending on the maker, but this other woman who carried like me was much larger than me but our bumps were about the same. I know at my 20 week scan baby was measured at 13 ounces and 11.5 inches which is above average for 20 weeks (more where they're supposed to be at 22/23 weeks according to a lot of data I've read) and I know those aren't always accurate but man it's got me worried this boy is going to be a 9/10 pound baby! I'm holding steady at around 13 pounds gained this pregnancy and the bottom of my bump is stiff but the top is all squish (I blame the baby for pushing around my insides). My baby has been head down for all my scans so I don't believe he's flipping around or laying horizontally - did they tell you which way your boy was laying when you go for your scans?

I had growth scans with DD from 26 weeks and when I had a growth scan at 35 weeks they said she was gonna be a good size and when they induced me 4 days later when I was induced they felt my tummy and said she was going to be at least 7 and half lbs even 4 and a half weeks early but she was only 5lb dont worry hon

I'm more worried about the opposite with weight gain. I've always been very slim, 5ft 5 and only 112 lbs and now im only 118 lbs. I know I've been very sick this pregnancy so it's probably why and I do have quite a significant bump for 23 and a half weeks. The hospital weren't worried at my 21 week scan but I'm back on Friday to take part in a training day for a doctor so I'll mention my little weight gain then and see what they say.

Jess dont worry ure baby will still grow and take nutrients even on days ure not up to eating. U may find u out more weight on from now onwards but dont worry if u dont put much on some womon dont. I think my weight gain is the steroids. With DD I didnt put on much weight at all. She was 5lb but she was a month early so she wud of been s good 7 or 8lb if she came at 40 weeks.

23 weeks today going by my 13 weeks scan or 23+3 going by the growth scan measurements v day is just around the corner.
20190616_195438.jpg

everyone around me like family and naughbours and friends will not stop commenting how big I am and I'm kinda getting a bit upsett about it. Why does everyone think they have a right to comment how big u are or how small u are. Suddenly ure pregnancy becames everyone's business. Is anyone else feeling that way or am I just being stoopid and do I look big to to you ladies be totally honest I dont mind u ladies saying stuff because were all in the same boat.

Sugger you look fine to me. You’re just carrying more at the front than all around if that makes sense. Like your bump is more long and narrow than wide and short. Anyhow yes that bugs me too like noooot a helpful comment haha. Just try and ignore them and remember you’re almost 6 months pregnant so you’re going to show!

Sugger you look fine to me. You’re just carrying more at the front than all around if that makes sense. Like your bump is more long and narrow than wide and short. Anyhow yes that bugs me too like noooot a helpful comment haha. Just try and ignore them and remember you’re almost 6 months pregnant so you’re going to show!

Haha I know it's so annoying isn't it Haha. Oh well never mind I guess it's just all part of it.

I'm 23+3 and my bump looks similar to yours! I'll upload a pic later as I'm still in work and pics never work on my phone, only my iPad.

That's what I am going by the gender scan dates I'm the same as you but there sticking to the hospital dates for now.

I had my mental health maternity nurse come over today she is so lovely and I told her how I'm very nervous about labour because I had such a traumatic experience with DD. So she is going to speak to my high risk pregnancy consultant about an elected c section.
I think deep down that is what I wud prefer and esp with having ICP and having him early I wud much rather it be more controlled environment.
I will let u all know what the consultant says about it all when I see her in 3 weeks. Also gonna mention it to my midwife on Wednesday.

@Suggerhoney cute bump, it looks totally normal to me.

Anyone else starting to get uncomfortable back/ rib pain. My right side starts bothering me if I sit for too long which happens a lot since I have a desk job.

Loving all these bump pics!! Looking gorgeous ladies!

I want your opinions on something ladies. At my 19 week scan I was told I’m having a girl. I was scanned by a student ob and a qualified sonographer. Now the sonographer is the one who told me but she was quite rushed and baby was not cooperating. Anyways I’ve just gone through all the pictures from that scan and found a potty shot taken by the student ob and I’m now doubting baby’s gender. I’m posting a pic for you all to see. The circles part is what’s caught my eye...am I going nuts? Lol.

frank horrigan fallout new vegas

That looks like the measurements for the femar bone. Are you sure that's a potty shot?

Edit: I see what you see now. Let me upload our potty shot.

Screenshot_20190618-125755.png

Oh ya sushai I see what you mean, hmmm I wonder if she got it wrong. Do you have any more scans planned?

I only have one more scan at 34 weeks and that’s to check to see that my placenta has moved. I’m considering maybe getting a private scan.

we Plan on another private 3d scan. It’s actually a 2 scan package deal, so probably have one at 26ish weeks then the second one at 32ish weeks.

My doctor typically does one more around 36 to check babies size and such. So we’ll see

Lol sushai that would drive me so crazy I’d get a private scan too haha. Looks like a boy part but you never know with ultrasounds sometimes you think you’re looking at one thing and it’s actually something else. Like maybe the actual potty shot is between what you circled and the similar coloured area on it’s right, right up against the leg? I dunno haha, it always amazes me the way technicians can make our body parts from the black and white blobs on the screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->