October bumpkins 2019

Had my midwife appointment today, she went over the anatomy scan results - all normal - and talked about preterm labour. Then I got my requisition form for my glucose screening. Crazy I feel like it’s all just flying by. I have my consult with the OB on the 8th to decide on/book a section which is terrifying haha. It will be weird to have a set date on when the baby is coming! Who knows though I may go with a vaginal delivery after all. It’s so hard to know what to do so I’m really looking forward to this appointment as I’m hoping to get some insight on what will be safest for this delivery.

My appointments go to every 2 weeks next month! How often are you ladies going now?

I'm in the same boat as you hon.
I've elected for a section but nothing has been booked yet.
I see my ob/gyn on the 9th and she will talk about the section and may book in a date but like you I'm still in 2 minds.
Do I just go vaginal or just go for the section.
I'm leaning more toward the section just so know what day and time I'm going in. But I'll prob be booked for induction anyway but will have to wait longer to get a date with that.oh decisions decisions ahhrrrr lol.

Hello ladies...

It's been awhile.. hope everyone and baby's are well...

I'm back from holidays.. had amazing time..

It was so hot.. being from Ireland we never get the sun.. so when we go abroad I can't handle it lol..

Last holiday as a family of 4.. kinda sad but exciting..

Was v day on fathers day so double celebration.. can't believe I'm nearly 26 weeks.. how did that happen...

GD is still under control diet only although i'm starting metformin to help my morning numbers.. I'll be having a growth scan on the 16th of July...

Baby kicks are so strong now.. I'm out of breath alot.. baby is so high.. never remember being this high up on my 2 dds

Anyone else struggling with acid reflux.. I always suffer with it but my god this is the worst it has ever been x

Welcome back hon so glad u had a lovely holiday.
I get the acid reflux sometimes.
My main thing at the mo is leg and foot cramps like outch.

It's crazy how far we all are
Only another 2 weeks and 2 days and I'll be in 3rd trimester wow.

So good to have u back sweety.
I have my GD test coming up in a few weeks.
I was tested with DD but was fine.
I have to go in a 8am and fast from midnight. Gonna have to drink that supper sweet drink yum lol.

So again.. baby didn’t cooperate well so we go back Wednesday for a repeat! Not complaining cause I don’t mind seeing baby again for free!!

We got to see baby opening it’s eyes too!!! And grin, baby had its hands and everything in its face. It was so cute! She asked how big my other babies were and said this one didn’t look like he/she would be big either! I’ll probably buy a couple of premie sleepers because my two at 6 pounds were swallowed in the newborn ones!

Here’s a few photos that I have until Wednesday!

View attachment 1063389 View attachment 1063391 View attachment 1063392

Omg I just died from cuteness over load. Brittney what ya doing to me girllll. Haha
She or he is the cutest hon those pics are amazing and so clear. Look at those chubby little cheeks. Just think ure be kissing those real soon.

Ladies how do u stop foot cramp. I had it earlier and didnt know what to do.
All my foot seized up and I cud not move my toes. I was jumping around the kitchen like a loon not knowing what to do.
Hubby just stood there telling me to move around. Erm well I was marching and leaping around the kitchen like a cat on a hot tin roof so I was moving Haha.
Ended up sticking me feet in a bowl of water and massaging. The cramp kept going off and then coming back on again. It took ages to settle.
Anyone no what ure supposed to do for when it happens again?

It anyone walked past our window and looked in at that time they must of thought I was a right nut case hahaha

I'm in the same boat as you hon.
I've elected for a section but nothing has been booked yet.
I see my ob/gyn on the 9th and she will talk about the section and may book in a date but like you I'm still in 2 minds.
Do I just go vaginal or just go for the section.
I'm leaning more toward the section just so know what day and time I'm going in. But I'll prob be booked for induction anyway but will have to wait longer to get a date with that.oh decisions decisions ahhrrrr lol.

Oh yeah it’s such a big decision! Have you had a section before? If you have did you find vaginal or section easier to recover from? I’m all about recovery time, lol. If one is easier than the other for you that’s what I would pick. The only way I would ever go with another vaginal birth is if someone could tell me that I’m unlikely to tear again, but so far all I’ve heard is it will probably repeat and possibly be worse. I already have so many issues from my first birth I don’t want to add to it at all. But I know that’s not normal whatsoever for most women - I think my tear was like a 1-2% chance of happening as a FTM. If you can have a simple vaginal delivery then the healing time will be better than a section.

I honestly hate the idea of making a decision though because I would like more than anything for a simple vaginal delivery, even with a 1st or 2nd degree tear. But I can’t imagine life with a colostomy bag!! So hopefully the OB can help me decide :shock:

All my foot seized up and I cud not move my toes. I was jumping around the kitchen like a loon not knowing what to do.
Hubby just stood there telling me to move around. Erm well I was marching and leaping around the kitchen like a cat on a hot tin roof so I was moving Haha.
Ended up sticking me feet in a bowl of water and massaging. The cramp kept going off and then coming back on again. It took ages to settle.
Stretch and stretch. Pull your toes towards you if you're sitting, have hubby stretch towards you if you cant reach and lean forward with you feet flat on the floor (leg straight at all time) using the wall to help keep balance if standing. Always worked with me, but thankfully I havent had any with my pregnancy. I've been feeling it creeping up in the morning but before it can start i start stretching so it goes away.

Also woohoo :dance: down to double digits (99 days) till due date.. baby will be here before that x

Is it possible to get a 3d scan done and not find out what you are having?

Yes! We had one yesterday, having to repeat it Wednesday and will do one more 3/4D one around 32 weeks! Just tell them gender is a surprise! They won’t look down there and make sure before turning on screen that baby’s butt isn’t face up! During the scan they just zoom in more towards the face!

These are awful! Along with the ones in the calf! I just basically cry through it until it’s gone! Lol

Omg I just died from cuteness over load. Brittney what ya doing to me girllll. Haha
She or he is the cutest hon those pics are amazing and so clear. Look at those chubby little cheeks. Just think ure be kissing those real soon.
Thank you <3 it was so fun seeing! It’s been harder for me to bond this time not knowing gender and not being able to call by name or anything, but seeing baby helps so much! This baby looks so much like the other two! Dh jokingly says “well they all 3 definitely have the same momma and daddy!” They’re like having triplets years apart!

Yes! We had one yesterday, having to repeat it Wednesday and will do one more 3/4D one around 32 weeks! Just tell them gender is a surprise! They won’t look down there and make sure before turning on screen that baby’s butt isn’t face up! During the scan they just zoom in more towards the face!

Ye that's all I want.. as my 20 week scan I didn't get any profile side pic only its spine and foot.. so wanted to treat myself to a lil sneak peak at its face.. as you said as I don't know there is only so much white baby grows I can buy... so need something to get me excited x

Ye that's all I want.. as my 20 week scan I didn't get any profile side pic only its spine and foot.. so wanted to treat myself to a lil sneak peak at its face.. as you said as I don't know there is only so much white baby grows I can buy... so need something to get me excited x
Yes! I totally recommend it! Worth every penny!

Oh yeah it’s such a big decision! Have you had a section before? If you have did you find vaginal or section easier to recover from? I’m all about recovery time, lol. If one is easier than the other for you that’s what I would pick. The only way I would ever go with another vaginal birth is if someone could tell me that I’m unlikely to tear again, but so far all I’ve heard is it will probably repeat and possibly be worse. I already have so many issues from my first birth I don’t want to add to it at all. But I know that’s not normal whatsoever for most women - I think my tear was like a 1-2% chance of happening as a FTM. If you can have a simple vaginal delivery then the healing time will be better than a section.

I honestly hate the idea of making a decision though because I would like more than anything for a simple vaginal delivery, even with a 1st or 2nd degree tear. But I can’t imagine life with a colostomy bag!! So hopefully the OB can help me decide :shock:

I can completely understand sweety it's just to risky for you.
No have never had a section only vaginal. Woth my DD I almost died because my placenta came away in little bits and I hemorrhaged real bad. Was rushed to theatre and was told if they cudnt stop the bleeding I wud have to have a full hysterectomy. Thankfully they performed a D&C and packed me with all this weird cotton wall stuff and they managed to stop the bleeding but I did nearly die.
It was because of the cholestasis and now I have it again i have a very very high chance of hemorrhaging again and I just cant go through that again hon it was very traumatic. So that's why I'm looking to go down the section route this time because it will be safer.
It also took me a long time to recover after having her like weeks and weeks.
I've been told recovery from a section isn't to bad. U get strong pain meds. But u just cant lift or do anything to strenuous for 6 weeks.
I tore with my first and had stitches so I know what it's like it was 3 degree tears but managed to have my other vaginal and didnt tear again.
Did graze tho which is very sore.
It is hard to make a final decision isn't it hon.
I'm gonna let my high risk pregnancy consultant make mose the decisions than it takes it off me a bit Haha.

I can completely understand sweety it's just to risky for you.
No have never had a section only vaginal. Woth my DD I almost died because my placenta came away in little bits and I hemorrhaged real bad. Was rushed to theatre and was told if they cudnt stop the bleeding I wud have to have a full hysterectomy. Thankfully they performed a D&C and packed me with all this weird cotton wall stuff and they managed to stop the bleeding but I did nearly die.
It was because of the cholestasis and now I have it again i have a very very high chance of hemorrhaging again and I just cant go through that again hon it was very traumatic. So that's why I'm looking to go down the section route this time because it will be safer.
It also took me a long time to recover after having her like weeks and weeks.
I've been told recovery from a section isn't to bad. U get strong pain meds. But u just cant lift or do anything to strenuous for 6 weeks.
I tore with my first and had stitches so I know what it's like it was 3 degree tears but managed to have my other vaginal and didnt tear again.
Did graze tho which is very sore.
It is hard to make a final decision isn't it hon.
I'm gonna let my high risk pregnancy consultant make mose the decisions than it takes it off me a bit Haha.

Oh that is so scary!! Yes a section could be a healing birth for you. I used to be so pro vaginal just because I always wondered why people would have surgery to deliver a baby, but I had no idea the complications some women face with vaginal deliveries. Now I always say just do what’s safest for mom and baby :p

I’m sure your consultant will give you good advice. Our appointments are one day after the other so we can compare plans ;)

Thank you <3 it was so fun seeing! It’s been harder for me to bond this time not knowing gender and not being able to call by name or anything, but seeing baby helps so much! This baby looks so much like the other two! Dh jokingly says “well they all 3 definitely have the same momma and daddy!” They’re like having triplets years apart!

Haha that's the same with this one and our other 2 they all look the same Haha.

Oh that is so scary!! Yes a section could be a healing birth for you. I used to be so pro vaginal just because I always wondered why people would have surgery to deliver a baby, but I had no idea the complications some women face with vaginal deliveries. Now I always say just do what’s safest for mom and baby :p

I’m sure your consultant will give you good advice. Our appointments are one day after the other so we can compare plans ;)

Oh yes definitely sweety.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"