• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

October bumpkins 2019

thank u ladies, my doctors are very slow, i will probs get a letter! i see my consultant tomorrow so im gonna be bringing it up then for def x

Hey ladies. Sorry I've been quiet. Nothing really going on with me. 30+5. Had a growth scan last week and baby is estimated just under 3lbs so pretty average weight. I'm sooo fed up of being pregnant now. My sister had her little baby on saturday, it was a little girl (no name yet) and shes only 6 and a half lbs so she's tiny. I met her yesterday as she's in hospital still with jaundice but getting out later today. It's made me even more excited to meet my little girl.

On unrelated news my cars in for a service today and its costing me 150 pounds as my brake pads need replaced. The joys of cars haha!

Ah two cousins close in age will be great :kiss:

I would love a cuddle off a newborn my dd2 (who is 4) is the youngest of both sides of the family so haven't been around a newborn in so long.. weird as it sounds lol but you can't beat the newborn smell lol

Sorry about the car it's always something when you are nearly due.. but good to get it sorted before baby comes

With my other 2 I only got 1 growth scan at 36 weeks and they both measured 5 pounds 12 ounces. They both weighed 6.13 at birth 3 weeks later! I’d wouldn’t put too much thought into it.

Can I vent, too? :
Talking about "Nesting Mode," let me just a take a breather or two.. *shakes my head* :roll:
My husband has no worries in the world period. I'm freaking out kinda, sorta, no Im for reals freaking out.
Here's the thing, my inlaw's has offer to give us a shower since this is our first. So we said, "Yay, Great!!" They asked me to put a registry up online for what I needed and wanted. The thing is the shower isn't until September I'll be 34w6d. Everyone (him and his family) says, "Oh, Don't buy anything until after the shower, you don't know what who is gifting yet and then go from there." This is me to myself: " Are you kidding me? I'll be 34w6d when the dang thing happens!!"
I've express my worries to my husband and he says, " Don't worry, Hun. We will do what we can." Me to myself, but I really want to say it to him: " Oh STFU!!" LOL (Im usually not a cussing cusser, but pregnancy hormones i tell ya.I'll go into detail why I wanted to say STFU below.)
We bought a dresser for his(my baby's) room, that's IT!! All the clothes that's hanging in the closet we got it for free because we have this customer rewards from Sears that we bought our washer and dryer from. So every month it gives us $50usd to spend in their store until we use up what we paid for or however it works I didn't care to pay attention at the time I just really needed my washer and dryer.
He refuse to buy anything and is pretty adamant about me not buying either until after the shower. Since I've been in this family (hubby'y life) they've been big gift gifter, but OMG!! This is driving me NUTS, the not knowing!!! Im worried, call me crazy, but nothing has been bought from the registry, nothing and its 4weeks away. If I should have to start shopping for my baby after 35weeks :shock: I'm sure I'll be the one to put everything together. Putting his (my baby's) dresser together he (husband) gave up half way and I had to do it myself. Good thing I had bought those gliding movers and that's how I was able to the push the dresser to the corner where I want it to be. (Thats why I wanted to tell him to STFU.)
So, while I see some of you Ladies posting about strollers and cribs and carseats.. I HAVE NONE atm for my child. Its really freaking me out, because we were advised by the hospital to have it installed 4weeks in advance from due date and have it safety check. Some of us are in our 30weeks this week, Im just saying.... you know?:cry: lol:bike:
In other news: I have my 28-31week check up today and its SO HOT out today. I hope everyone is staying cool and hydrated. No more than 10weeks left for us, Ladies!! yay!!

Personally I don’t understand why they make showers so late in pregnancy? Like I don’t think any pregnant woman is thrilled to leave the shower until the last minute. With my son I was 37 weeks when we did my shower.

I don’t even have one planned for this baby. Luckily so much can be shared - I still have DS’ infant car seat, they can share the stroller I guess. Mainly we’re needing a bassinet and a changing pad but I haven’t been thinking about it too much. We’ll probably leave the crib for a while as DS didn’t move into his until recently! With DS1 everything was ready at like 5 months pregnant haha. This baby I’m like eh he can use whatever :haha: It is nice to have things ahead of time though, trying to put together a baby swing or crib etc isn’t fun when you have a newborn to look after.

I understand for sure! Waiting that long is stressful financially too! Like having to spend an “unknown” amount at one time would stress me most!

I'm in the same boat, I'll be 34 weeks when I finally get my shower and I had to convince my mom to not move it out a week further. I'm not allowed to buy anything until after then either as there's no way to know whose gifting what. At least I already have a crib and dresser for the baby which I set up a few weeks ago. Though I feel there's still so much to do and I'm just stuck waiting until mid-September.

Personally I don’t understand why they make showers so late in pregnancy? Like I don’t think any pregnant woman is thrilled to leave the shower until the last minute. With my son I was 37 weeks when we did my shower.

I don’t even have one planned for this baby. Luckily so much can be shared - I still have DS’ infant car seat, they can share the stroller I guess. Mainly we’re needing a bassinet and a changing pad but I haven’t been thinking about it too much. We’ll probably leave the crib for a while as DS didn’t move into his until recently! With DS1 everything was ready at like 5 months pregnant haha. This baby I’m like eh he can use whatever :haha: It is nice to have things ahead of time though, trying to put together a baby swing or crib etc isn’t fun when you have a newborn to look after.

WOW 37wk? I would of been trying to convince someone to move the date. :)
Thats good that all of your first are being shared with the 2nd. For this reason I put alot of thought into the registry that I made. A whole bunch of the stuff that I picked are gender neutral. Just incase the next is a girl or another boy.

I understand for sure! Waiting that long is stressful financially too! Like having to spend an “unknown” amount at one time would stress me most!
I KNOW, RIGHT??? The unknown amount I have to spend...... Im like, I don't care I'm going to buy with my own money, I work, too!! My husband goes "[-X[-X[-X[-X just wait..." Me :x:roll:

I'm in the same boat, I'll be 34 weeks when I finally get my shower and I had to convince my mom to not move it out a week further. I'm not allowed to buy anything until after then either as there's no way to know whose gifting what. At least I already have a crib and dresser for the baby which I set up a few weeks ago. Though I feel there's still so much to do and I'm just stuck waiting until mid-September.
UGH!! *hugs* at least you have the crib ready and know for sure that your baby has a bed.

Thanks ladies for replying back to me, I feel so much better just venting. So my appointment today went well. My O.B told me to slow down on the weight gaining I don't know what to do lol. A total of weight gaining I did is 13lbs as of now. Am I suppose to eat and drink air?? lol Im serious!!! She's like, "you know the baby is only going to grow faster and faster and you still have 9 more weeks to go." Me: :shy::shrug:
I don't know if we have growth scan with my health care provider, but I havent had one. We don't know how big baby is, but my OB keeps scaring me about having a big baby, too.. UGH, "my flower!!" lol

had growth scan baby is 3ib 11oz been put on 3 metphormine a day now, and will be induced at 38 weeks x

Growth scan for me today too!
31w3d baby measured 1 day ahead. 4 pounds even and 47th percentile. Heartbeat of 134. BP was 122/78 and I’ve gained 23 pounds.

I’ll have another growth scan at 36 weeks. I am seeing him weekly now to monitor BP and swelling!

Looks like a few of us have had a growth scan today. I’m currently in the waiting room to have mine done. I’m more hoping to get some good news in relation to my placenta. It was lying quite low at the anomaly scan so hoping it’s now moved out of the way so I can have a normal vaginal delivery. Quite scared for a csection to be honest.

Looks like a few of us have had a growth scan today. I’m currently in the waiting room to have mine done. I’m more hoping to get some good news in relation to my placenta. It was lying quite low at the anomaly scan so hoping it’s now moved out of the way so I can have a normal vaginal delivery. Quite scared for a csection to be honest.
Were you able to have your twins naturally? Just curious as I’ve never “met” anyone that hasn’t had to have a csection with twins!

Were you able to have your twins naturally? Just curious as I’ve never “met” anyone that hasn’t had to have a csection with twins!

Brittany, yep both naturally! 16 minutes between them. Waters spontaneously broke at 36+1.

So I had my scan and my placenta has moved an extra 6cm away making it perfectly safe for me to have a vaginal delivery, yay! Baby is head down and weighing a nice 2kg (roughly 4lbs4oz)

As expected, crap scan..

Baby weight 3lb 2 Oz at 31 weeks so definitely less.

Doc is saying that you have a tendency to have small babies (my DS was 6lbs)

Really disappointed to b honest coz there is also implication of slow growth...rrequiring constant monitoring.. growth scans every 2 weeks and if no growth, then taking baby out :(

Hi all

I've taken today off work due to hip and pelvis pain so I have some time to update.

31 weeks on Sunday and baby's growth a little slow between midwife appointments but as it was different midwives who measured me, they aren't concerned.

Unfortunately won't be preparing a nursery before baby arrives... in fact won't even have a proper cot. My husband is starting a new job in November and we will have to move so baby will still be in next to me crib until we relocate.

Feeling pretty stressed about the prospect of moving home with a newborn but will be worth it I'm sure!

Stretch marks now showing under belly button and top of thighs. Nipples occasionally leaking which is weird lol!

Went through all the baby clothes this morning and seem to have accrued a LOT of newborn and up to 3 month stuff but need to buy some 3-6 month. Mostly sleepsuits though - haven't bought many 'day' outfits.

Looking forward to discussing birth plan soon as starting to feel a bit freaked that it's so soon! What is everybody's stance on epidural? I'd really like to avoid one but I've never had one so no idea whether to rule it out completely.

Glad to hear everybody is generally well. I hope the growth starts picking up for those that were worried by scans.

X

Hi all

I've taken today off work due to hip and pelvis pain so I have some time to update.

31 weeks on Sunday and baby's growth a little slow between midwife appointments but as it was different midwives who measured me, they aren't concerned.

Unfortunately won't be preparing a nursery before baby arrives... in fact won't even have a proper cot. My husband is starting a new job in November and we will have to move so baby will still be in next to me crib until we relocate.

Feeling pretty stressed about the prospect of moving home with a newborn but will be worth it I'm sure!

Stretch marks now showing under belly button and top of thighs. Nipples occasionally leaking which is weird lol!

Went through all the baby clothes this morning and seem to have accrued a LOT of newborn and up to 3 month stuff but need to buy some 3-6 month. Mostly sleepsuits though - haven't bought many 'day' outfits.

Looking forward to discussing birth plan soon as starting to feel a bit freaked that it's so soon! What is everybody's stance on epidural? I'd really like to avoid one but I've never had one so no idea whether to rule it out completely.

Glad to hear everybody is generally well. I hope the growth starts picking up for those that were worried by scans.

X

I didn’t have an epidural with my son - but his labour start to finish was just under 5 hours. I think if it had gone on longer maybe I would have given in. I was more afraid of the epidural than anything else. Labour for me was fine until I went from 4cm to 10cm in less than 15 minutes, that was a nightmare haha. I had a friend who just had her first baby, her labour was 34 hours. She got an epidural lol. You will know when you’re going through it what you want - if you want to do it without, that’s great but it does hurt a lot. People aren’t exaggerating when they say labour is painful. However there are benefits to going without as everyone I’ve heard of who got one had quite a long labour, epidurals tend to slow things down.

Anyhow, if I were going natural again I would be getting one :haha:

i wont be having any pain relief again hopefully, i had my other 3 with nothing, but i am getting induced with this one so we shall see how it goes! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->