October bumpkins 2019

Hi ladies
I'm still in hospital:(
Having the worst acid reflux and neuasa all day and all night. No medication is working.

I have been getting alot of pain in my right hand side in the liver area so I had my bloods done again today and had a scan on my liver and kidneys.

Liver is fine but my right kidney is swollen which is what is causing the pain.
It's quite normol in pregnancy for this to happen but does cause alot of pain.
Prob will be going home tommorow and been told I can go to my induction date.
I see the consultant next wed the 18th and will get my date.
Just hope I dont have to go any further than 37 weeks because all this pain is unbearable and all I've done is cry.

But I've been told 37 weeks is so much safer for baby as b4 37 weeks there can be alot of risks and health problems because there lungs are not fully mature.
I had DD at 35+4 and her bring in SCBU for 17 days was so hard. We also nearly lost her because she had breathing problems even tho I had the steroid shots.
So I've been doing alot I'd thinking and even tho I'm extremely fed up and uncomfortable and just want him here it's best for him to stay in there until 37 weeks.
I need to think about him and not myself and I really do not want another premature NICU baby it's to scary.
He is measuring on the 90th percentile but I still feel like my bump is small. Guess will just have to wait and see.

Here is my 35+1 weeks bump <3
Screenshot_20190911-010350_Gallery.jpg

Awwww :)

Hugs

All the best . U r very strong and I m sure u ll sail thru the next 10 days

I hope so hon. Just hoping it dont get pushed any further than 37 weeks. 10 days feels far enough. It's like waiting for that first scan all over again lol.

So that was an interesting night in hospital. Some womon was in labour and her screaming woke me up. Oh my goodness it sounded like she was being murdered.
Not the thing u want to hear when u know u have to go through it in the next 10 days.
Its absolutely freaked me out.
Definitely definitely having a epidural that screaming and shouting was horrendous. Sounded like she was being tortured.

So just waiting for the doctor to come around and the doctor is waiting to hear back from urology about my swollen kidney and if the swelling is within the normol range..

Home today if all is well.
It's my nannas 83rd birthday today. She was so convince I wud have baby today but I new I wudnt. Just hoping he dont come on friday as it's the 13th:shock:

Or the 21st sep because that's my uncles birthday and he is not a very nice person.

@Suggerhoney are they giving you steroids shots for the babys lungs if you are going earlier? Only asking cause I have to have 2 shots cause baby is coming at 38+1 anyone I talk to think there is no need as babys lungs should be ok x

@Suggerhoney are they giving you steroids shots for the babys lungs if you are going earlier? Only asking cause I have to have 2 shots cause baby is coming at 38+1 anyone I talk to think there is no need as babys lungs should be ok x

I've never thought of this myself but it does sound like a good idea to do anyway just incase, I dont think theres any harm in baby having steroids if it's not needed anyway, just to give them that extra boost as you know exactly when they are arriving anyway

Hope you are on your way home soon Sugger, can't imagine much worse than being on a ward with labouring women when you are not there yet!!

I have been given ranitidine by the dr for my heartburn/acid reflux and it is a godsend! Cannot recommend it enough haha!

I have my next next growth scan at 4 today. Hoping for a decent weight gain, although I haven't gained any weight in the last 2 weeks so I'm not holding my breath! The midwife said if he has continued to fall below the 5th line for EFW they could be looking at getting him out over the weekend after steroid shots etc. That was worst case scenario, but she wanted me to be prepared just in case.

Calendar-wise, I could really do with him staying put a little longer, it is my son's birthday on the 15th, and my daughter's on the 20th. My niece's is on the 19th and it is already a nightmare week for everyone - I could do with not adding an unexpected birth in the middle of it!!

Also, @Shorty88 if you get an elective csection before 39weeks, it is now standard to have steroids first. Baby's lungs don't get squished the same way with a section as they do in regular labour, and so tend to struggle to perform properly, even up to 39 weeks, so it's just a precaution.x

Ha Sugger I remember when I was in labour with DS I was so loud even as I was yelling I was thinking how I must be terrifying any women on the floor :haha: But I went from 4cm to 10cm in 15mins so it was super painful!! Lol. Just remember you can get through anything, and if you’re having an epidural you shouldn’t be in much pain.

Shorty I didn’t know you got steroid injections even at 38 weeks!

Afm I had my appointment with the anesthetist at the hospital on Monday - I hate hospitals, I was so nervous my blood pressure was quite high for me. I normally have super low blood pressure during pregnancy (100/60 is pretty average!) and it was 140/80. Anyways, I’m sure it went back down to normal the second I got back outside.

My appointment with the other doctor is on Friday so I’m anxious but looking forward to hearing what he has to say.

Think I’m coming down with a cold too - awesome timing :wacko:

38 weeks should not need them.
My doc says 36.5-37 weeks and lungs are mature enough..I didn't get them for this reason only yet as my doc says I'll definitely cross 37,Weeks

Y’all.. I have my appointments today but a friend of mine that uses the same office just messaged me and let me know my doctors youngest son was killed in a car accident last night! I’m soooo heartbroken for him! He’s the sweetest guy and we talk about his family all the time! I’m devastated for him. I’m sure I’ll be seeing someone else today which is completely fine. But man I just want to cry for him!

Y’all.. I have my appointments today but a friend of mine that uses the same office just messaged me and let me know my doctors youngest son was killed in a car accident last night! I’m soooo heartbroken for him! He’s the sweetest guy and we talk about his family all the time! I’m devastated for him. I’m sure I’ll be seeing someone else today which is completely fine. But man I just want to cry for him!

Oh my word that’s so awful :sad1:

It really is so sad! He was up at college! Only 20-21 years old!

I’m here now and of course seeing a different doctor which is fine! I’m just a little nervous because I do t know who this doctor is and I have a check today but hopefully it’s ok.

I’ll update after

That is absolutely heartbreaking! I'm so sorry for your doctor, you can't ever imagine or want to imagine losing a child :(

Glad to see everyone is doing all their final preparations and just getting ready to welcome their babies.

Brittany12 that’s really sad about your doctors son. Such devastating news to receive as a parent.

So a quick update on me. I’m 37 weeks today, yay!! I have a midwife appointment next week at 38 exactly and one final appointment at 40 (which hopefully I don’t make lol). I’m really over being pregnant now and at that stage that I start to question every twinge as a sign of early labour lol I’m so crazy!! Hoping baby makes an appearance soon, I’ve never gone over with any of my babies so hopefully this pattern continues.

So excited to see all the birth announcements in the coming weeks.

sugger, I hope all is well and you're on your way home or already home. 10 more days?? How exciting, nervous, a tab bit scared, excited am I for you!!! EEK!!

Brittany12, Sorry to hear about your doctor's lost, my goodness. I hope your appointment went well.

Sushai, Congrats at being 37weeks!!! Im so excited for you.. Any day now and I also cant wait to start seeing all the announcement.

As for me Im in my 35th week. I have officially finished packing my bag for the hospital, blew up the birthing ball and is sitting on it as I type this to try it out. Its actually quite comfy. Are any of you thinking about using one? I only got one because I want to be as active as possible as Im going to "try" to "attempt" a natural birth.. key word is "try."
This past weekend was my baby shower and it was beautiful. I think he got everything we would need for him. We bought his crib, mattress, and tub with the gift money we received on amazon because you get a 15% off on your registry list once you hit 60days before due date???

I just want to say we are all almost there ladies. We can do it. xoxo

So appointment update!

Blood pressure was perfect at 124/87
Weight was no gain!!
NST was great!
Ultrasound measured baby about 6 pounds 14 ounces in the 74th percentile which is larger than my other two so that has me a little nervous but is still normal so nothing off the charts or anything for 36 weeks. Also head down!
I was checked and I’m only a fingertip dilated, 30% and still high up. I was actually a little disappointed because I thought I was going to be more than that but I’m also ok with it cause I’m only 36 weeks and I know it doesn’t mean anything.

This doctors check hurt pretty bad! My doctor has never hurt me before so that was no fun! My doctor won’t be back next week obviously but I’m seeing my second choice doctor on Tuesday so we’ll see how things go then! I’ll officially be 37 weeks then!

I’ll be starting EPO and sitting bouncing on my ball next week! Not that it’s ever worked for me before but I just want to make sure my cervix softens up mainly!

sugger, I hope all is well and you're on your way home or already home. 10 more days?? How exciting, nervous, a tab bit scared, excited am I for you!!! EEK!!

Brittany12, Sorry to hear about your doctor's lost, my goodness. I hope your appointment went well.

Sushai, Congrats at being 37weeks!!! Im so excited for you.. Any day now and I also cant wait to start seeing all the announcement.

As for me Im in my 35th week. I have officially finished packing my bag for the hospital, blew up the birthing ball and is sitting on it as I type this to try it out. Its actually quite comfy. Are any of you thinking about using one? I only got one because I want to be as active as possible as Im going to "try" to "attempt" a natural birth.. key word is "try."
This past weekend was my baby shower and it was beautiful. I think he got everything we would need for him. We bought his crib, mattress, and tub with the gift money we received on amazon because you get a 15% off on your registry list once you hit 60days before due date???

I just want to say we are all almost there ladies. We can do it. xoxo

DH and I went out and bought a birthing ball and a yoga mat for labour - we didn’t even have time to pull it out of the trunk lol. Once labour started baby was COMING! However I know they are super helpful if you have time to use one. Also - amazing for after the baby is born. A lot of babies (mine included) like to be bounced, and your legs wear out real fast doing it standing up haha. Birthing ball to the rescue!

very upset atm, had to rehome my pug, was the hardest decission to make, i couldnt watch her go :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->