October bumpkins 2019

very upset atm, had to rehome my pug, was the hardest decission to make, i couldnt watch her go :( x

I’m so sorry. I know exactly how you feel. About 3 years ago I had to rehome my 5 year old Siberian husky. He needed so much more than we could give him as it was, and after my son was born we realised he had bad eczema, and our huskies fur flared it up so bad, and would infect it. He was also a naughty dog lol, would open our kitchen cupboards, fridge, freezer and eat everything. Turn the gas on. You name it, he had done it. We paid hundreds of not thousands to help with his separation anxiety. We just realised he needed to be with a family who had a lot more time for him, and someone who had other huskies. It was just the most awful decision I’ve ever had to make in my whole life. My husband is not a dog person at all, but watching him run back from saying goodbye and crying his eyes out is something that will stay with me forever.

Sometimes it’s more selfish of us to not let them go. I’m sure you have done the right thing. Thinking of you xx

ah, Brittany that is awful about your drs son, unimaginable!
Glad your appointment went well though.

I'm sorry about your dog Playgirl, you must be gutted! :(

I have my official section date! Little man should be here on the 15th October as long as he continues to gain weight on the next scan in 2 weeks.
He increased up to the 10th percentile for yesterdays scan so everyone is happy to keep him cooking, as long as movements etc stay normal.

Sorry about your pug playgirl - my dog is a nightmare I have thought about rehoming her several times as she’s developed a really bad anxiety problem (she’s almost 10, so apparently it can be dog dementia?) anyways every time it rains she has a complete panic attack - she pees on the floor, she whines really loud and pants like she’s having a heart attack. Anxiety medication only does so much. Anyways I haven’t done it because she’s so old and has so many issues with anxiety I’m afraid someone will just put her down. So we’re toughing it out but it’s really hard sometimes.

Exciting for your section date doddy!!

Hey I was looking up ways to introduce a sibling to a younger child and I know there’s a couple other ladies on here with older babies that are under 2 - a lot of people suggested buying a baby doll and using that to teach your older one about babies. I thought it was a great idea - I found a baby boy doll on amazon and bought it for my son. He’s only 15 months old but I hope it will help him learn to be gentle, and I plan on holding it a lot to kind of get him used to the idea. I also figure once the baby is born he can hold his own baby while I nurse the new baby. Probably should have started earlier haha, but better late than never!

Sorry about your pug playgirl - my dog is a nightmare I have thought about rehoming her several times as she’s developed a really bad anxiety problem (she’s almost 10, so apparently it can be dog dementia?) anyways every time it rains she has a complete panic attack - she pees on the floor, she whines really loud and pants like she’s having a heart attack. Anxiety medication only does so much. Anyways I haven’t done it because she’s so old and has so many issues with anxiety I’m afraid someone will just put her down. So we’re toughing it out but it’s really hard sometimes.

Exciting for your section date doddy!!

Hey I was looking up ways to introduce a sibling to a younger child and I know there’s a couple other ladies on here with older babies that are under 2 - a lot of people suggested buying a baby doll and using that to teach your older one about babies. I thought it was a great idea - I found a baby boy doll on amazon and bought it for my son. He’s only 15 months old but I hope it will help him learn to be gentle, and I plan on holding it a lot to kind of get him used to the idea. I also figure once the baby is born he can hold his own baby while I nurse the new baby. Probably should have started earlier haha, but better late than never!
Yes! I did this and am doing this! I did it with my dd which she was closer to 3 when ds was born and totally took on a momma roll so no issues with her but it did let her see me holding a baby and having to share my lap and stuff. This time I let ds hold the baby and make it a huge huge deal on being sweet and kissing baby and being gentle and love the baby and we point to my belly and say baby and such. So we’ll see how it goes!

Am I the only one that’s been “checked” so far? Does anyone else here get those checks to see if they’re dilated or anything?

Am I the only one that’s been “checked” so far? Does anyone else here get those checks to see if they’re dilated or anything?

I don’t think we get checked at our appointments here in the uk. I never did with my son until I was in labour. I may be wrong though! X

I’m a bit earlier than you but haven’t been checked for dilation - I wasn’t with DS1 at all, they just waited until I went into labour :shrug:

36 weeks today and feeling confident of another 2 weeks. Fingers crossed.

Baby's bag is ready. Let me know if I am missing something:

- clothes (rompers & babygrows)
- swaddle sheets
- blankets
- disposable nappies/diapers/wipes
- washcloths
- bottles/formula (he is going to be a formula fed child due to an me having insufficient mammary glands)
- cap, mittens, socks

Yet to pack my bag but mostly my going home clothes, charger, earphones, hairclip only I think..

I think where I am they only check you if you request it prior to labor. It's not a usual part of the appointment but it can be done. I haven't been checked yet but only 34 weeks, I plan to ask them to check me once I hit 37. Still not even having braxton hicks so I doubt she's coming any time soon anyway.

It's not usual practice in the UK to be checked for dilatation before you're actually in labour or once you're admitted right before they are about to induce you so they can plan best course of induction x

Wow ladies so much to catch up on.

Brittney I'm so sorry to hear about ure drs some that's heartbreaking and every parents worse nightmare. My thoughts are with him and his family<3

Playgirl I'm so sorry about ure dog hon.
Sending hugs

Shorty
No I haven't had ans dont think I will be having steroid shots because by 37 weeks babies lungs are mature so theres no need.

I'm home now ladies and I have my induction date. It's on Tuesday 24th September. I'll be 37+1 weeks. That's of coarse if he dont come all in his own b4 then. Still getting a ton of signs and feels like labour is about to start at any moment or my waters are going to break.
But I think its probably just all the presure.

I'm on vitamin K tablets now. I'm back up the hospital today to be monitored and have my bile acid and liver and kidney function done.
My right kidney is swollen but they said it can be normol at this stage and I have to have a scan 6 weeks after having baby to see if the swelling has gone down.

Baby is on the 90th percentile according to scans so pretty big. But not huge. I'm expecting a good 8 to 9lb baby even at 37 weeks but we shall see because those growth scans have got it wrong for me twice b4 but quite alot so I don't really trust them.

I'm seeing the anethatist today as well.

I am 35+4 weeks and I had my DD at 35+4 so I'm so happy I've got this far and can keep him cooking a bit longer so he can be as healthy as possible.
Having lots of cm and still more plug coming away but only a tiny bit not the huge thing that came away almost 2 weeks ago and I've not had any more blood either.

I've been bouncing on my ball. I dont know why but when I'm in pain it seems to help alot haha.
Had a lovely bubble bath yesterday and it was pure bliss. Going out tommorow night for a curry at a indian restaurant.
So that will be nice.

Dont think I have any more growth scans now unless they decide to do one between now and the 24th. I see the high risk pregnancy consultant on Wednesday so may suggest doing one.

I have not been checked for dilation. I've only had a speculum so they cud take a swab and was told cervix is soft but closed. Baby is still not engaged. He keeps engaging and then coming back up again. I had this with my DS as well and its painful and u get so much lightning crotch or as I like to call it stabby vag hahahaha:rofl:

Its horrible.
I'm being induced in the delivery suite because I'm to high risk to be done on the normol ward. I have to phone the delivery suite at 8:30am on the 24th just hope and pray if I do get that day that i can go in that day.
Its never a sure thing because it depends if they have space. But been told i will be more priority because of all my medical history.

Wow ladies so much to catch up on.

Brittney I'm so sorry to hear about ure drs some that's heartbreaking and every parents worse nightmare. My thoughts are with him and his family<3

Playgirl I'm so sorry about ure dog hon.
Sending hugs

Shorty
No I haven't had ans dont think I will be having steroid shots because by 37 weeks babies lungs are mature so theres no need.

I'm home now ladies and I have my induction date. It's on Tuesday 24th September. I'll be 37+1 weeks. That's of coarse if he dont come all in his own b4 then. Still getting a ton of signs and feels like labour is about to start at any moment or my waters are going to break.
But I think its probably just all the presure.

I'm on vitamin K tablets now. I'm back up the hospital today to be monitored and have my bile acid and liver and kidney function done.
My right kidney is swollen but they said it can be normol at this stage and I have to have a scan 6 weeks after having baby to see if the swelling has gone down.

Baby is on the 90th percentile according to scans so pretty big. But not huge. I'm expecting a good 8 to 9lb baby even at 37 weeks but we shall see because those growth scans have got it wrong for me twice b4 but quite alot so I don't really trust them.

I'm seeing the anethatist today as well.

I am 35+4 weeks and I had my DD at 35+4 so I'm so happy I've got this far and can keep him cooking a bit longer so he can be as healthy as possible.
Having lots of cm and still more plug coming away but only a tiny bit not the huge thing that came away almost 2 weeks ago and I've not had any more blood either.

I've been bouncing on my ball. I dont know why but when I'm in pain it seems to help alot haha.
Had a lovely bubble bath yesterday and it was pure bliss. Going out tommorow night for a curry at a indian restaurant.
So that will be nice.

Dont think I have any more growth scans now unless they decide to do one between now and the 24th. I see the high risk pregnancy consultant on Wednesday so may suggest doing one.

I have not been checked for dilation. I've only had a speculum so they cud take a swab and was told cervix is soft but closed. Baby is still not engaged. He keeps engaging and then coming back up again. I had this with my DS as well and its painful and u get so much lightning crotch or as I like to call it stabby vag hahahaha:rofl:

Its horrible.
I'm being induced in the delivery suite because I'm to high risk to be done on the normol ward. I have to phone the delivery suite at 8:30am on the 24th just hope and pray if I do get that day that i can go in that day.
Its never a sure thing because it depends if they have space. But been told i will be more priority because of all my medical history.

Yay so happy they are inducing u at 37weeks.
Just 10 more days :) :)

U, shorty and I will be having our babies over the similar dates (my section will b anytime between 20-27 sep)

Wow so many babies coming soon!

I believe I’m in for the long haul! Well I say that but I just mean until October! I was thinking I would have this baby much earlier like in September but I think he or she will hold off until 39 ish weeks!

Not sure if I’ll have my doctor back or not which is scary but totally understandable. I just need to talk out everything with this other doctor. My doctor won’t let me go passed 40 weeks typically because of preeclampsia but I’ll see what this doctor says. They’re cousins so I’m assuming he is going to say the same! I see him Tuesday and will find out!

Good news ladies... we managed to get all three car seats in my 4Runner! It’s a tight squeeze but they’re all properly installed and that was my main concern! If after the first of the year it’s just too much I’ll re-evaluate the car situation. But for now we’re going to keep it! One less stress factor!

Also, my DH grandfather the one that passed away unexpectedly and then I found out about this surprise baby... his birthday is 9/22! So we’re all kind of curious if baby will come then! It sounds kind of bad but I am kind of hoping not because it’s a weekend so there’s no telling which doctor I’d get plus DH parents will be on a cruise until that day and will be 7 hours away and they’re planned to keep our kids for labor and delivery and stuff so we’d have to scramble to find someone to keep them and it would be super stressful!

Wanted to ask because I can’t remember if I have or not, but I started EPO this week, sitting on my ball mainly because it’s comfortable and I just ordered some red raspberry tea leaf capsules to start Monday! Anyone else doing anything to “help” with labor? Hoping all of this makes mine go much quicker than my other 2

Hi Britney I've been bouncing on my ball mainly because I just find it really comfortable. I'm going for a curry tommorow night and will have a few bites of brothers who always gets the most hottest one on the menu. Its literally like fire on a plait hahaha. I may have one or two bites to see if it will start anything.
Not bothering with raspberry leaf tea capsules or anything like that. I literally tried everything with dS1 from 37 weeks and I ended up going to 42 weeks and having to be induced.
I've heard theres a drink u can make called midwifes brew but I dont think I'm brave enough to try it Haha. It's on youtube.

I've just come back from being monitored and my bile acid levels have shot up to a 37 in just 3 days. I'm back in again on Sunday to have them done again and if they keep raising than induction maybe brought forward.

Last edited:
Yay for an induction date Sugger!

Brittany I drank raspberry leaf tea religiously with my first pregnancy - I did have a really fast labour with verrrrrry strong contractions. Don’t know if it had to do with the tea or not. Not making plans to do any prep this time, if anything I would have preferred things to be a little bit less intense :haha:

So I saw my 2nd OB consult and although the doctor was very kind and gave us almost an hour of his time, he couldn’t offer a section earlier than the doctor here in town could. So we’ll be sticking with October 17 which will put me at 39+4. Can’t say I’m not disappointed as another tear would be devastating but I’m out of time to find another doctor so I’ll just hope this baby doesn’t come early. If he does I’m planning on a home water birth as we live around the corner from the hospital - I don’t see a need to go in. Will do my best to keep researching ways to reduce my risk of tearing, but mentally I’m preparing for it which would mean surgery and another 18 months recovery or possibly longer. Nothing else I can do at this point

How are the movements for everyone?
I have a feeling they have slowed down and it's gotten me paranoid..I don't feel the kicks as much as I feel the rolling, wiggling and squirming.. they are painful at times.. still getting the 10kicks/movements in 15-20mins if I count (and I count every 6-7 hours)

Waiting in the hospital lobby for my NST.
Wondering what if it fails..

P.s. passed NST

Last edited:
Wow eveyone of you have some kind of info on your baby, I have none on mines. the last 3 visits has been, " you've gained too much weight," (but i'd only went up a a pound or so nothing over 2.) Listens to baby's heart beat " he's doing beautiful, see you next time, bye." Like literally!! I think this next appointment on the 19th theyre going to check to make sure the baby is head down and do a "group b strep" test?

Sander, when I did the hospital tour, they showed us a room with a tub, but its not to give birth in its only for you use while in labor. If you're close to pushing you have to come out and push on the bed. So I was like, forget it. I've always been interested in water birth i'd like to try it one day.

Sugger, I hope your bile acid levels steady down so you and your baby can relax until your scheduled date.

ATM, I'm finally done with shopping and I believe I have everything my baby needs for now. His crib came in today with his mattress. I am completely moved out from his room. It was our office along with my makeup room because it was the smaller room from the other 2 guest room and it was the next room to ours. I don't know where to put all his diapers we got from the shower. Some are already in the bins and then the rest is literally up against one of the wall in the room in plain sight.

20190913_171451.jpg 20190911_115914.jpg

Oh girls can't believe some baby's will be born soon! I'm kind of scared because I keep having insane pains and last night I had (sorry TMI) severe sickness and diarrhoea. I was up so many times in the night with both. I'm not sure if I've got a bug or it's a sign of early labour clear out but I hope she's not trying to come just yet as we have still a few things to do before october!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->