October bumpkins 2019

I’m just waiting around really!

Still have to call Monday for my appointment, everything has been put off because of the storm and I’m kind of freaking out thinking he will check me and say this baby won’t be waiting til October to come!

I’ve been feeling like the baby is about to fall right out!

Hospital bag packing tips: what do you suggest ladies who are having their second and third babies?

33+2 today. Still working 45-50 hours a week. It's getting harder and more tiring. Trying to get everything sorted and finalized before leaving when I work in catering and manage over 25 student worker schedules on campus is really draining and challenging.

Only 7ish more weeks. I really hope we don't go late. I'm like you Shorty. My heartburn is triggered by anything, even water.

I'm also mostly waiting around now but still reading everyone's posts. 33+2 today and only 6 more days until my baby shower which I'm looking forward too, mostly so I can access what I still need to buy. I sorted out my daycare this week, which feels crazy soon but I'll be returning to work in January and there's there's always wait list nightmares here.

I have a growth scan coming up on Sept 23rd at 35.5 weeks which 'm looking forward too. I had a genetic marker in my first trimester screening for possibly having a small baby but I actually think she's going to be on the higher end of average at full term so I'm not worried about IUGR. I was measuring ahead last appointment.

Lately I've been worried about SPD. My pelvis is sore, especially when I first get up in the morning or have been sitting a while and get up. I can still walk and move around fine but worried this could be the start of it. Does it sound like it to anyone?

@Nolimitxox my cousins that live in America use the below baby list it's an irish website one but I think it can be used world wide..

Personally for me what I (but mostly my hubby) finds useful is using sandwich bags or ikea storage bags.. I put babys first outfit, nappy ,hat vest and baby grow into one bag so hubby is not searching for it.. he just pulls out the sandwich bag. I put all vests together in one bag and all baby grows in another, bibs in another ect.. found it worked best for me.. especially cause I ended up having c section and couldn't move from the bed right away x

Hospital_Bag_Checklist_Final.jpg

Last edited:
@Nolimitxox my cousins that live in Ameica use the below baby list it's an irish website one but I think it can be used world wide..

Personally for me what I (but mostly my hubby) finds useful is using sandwich bags or ikea storage bags.. I put babys first outfit, nappy ,hat vest and baby grow into one bag so hubby is not searching for it.. he just pulls out the sandwich bag. I put all vests together in one bag and all baby grows in another, bibs in another ect.. found it worked best for me.. especially cause I ended up having c section and couldn't move from the bed right away x

View attachment 1067710

That is actually a really good idea and I've never thought of that!

That would save a lot of rummaging and creasing everything else up in the case lol I just realised too your actually due on my birthday! I'm hoping baby is still a november baby, but the likelihood is he will be an october baby, knowing me we will end up sharing a birthday too!

nearly ended up in hospital today, was getting bad period like pains and a bad stitch pain that was coming and going, luckily they seemed to have stopped,but been told to go straight in if it happens again x

nearly ended up in hospital today, was getting bad period like pains and a bad stitch pain that was coming and going, luckily they seemed to have stopped,but been told to go straight in if it happens again x
Take your time hun! I've been getting these frequently, amongst lower back pain, regular contractions 5 mins apart that does down then starts again, period pain, pressure and now today, 3 nose bleeds in just over 12 hours, headaches and sickness! Inreally need to to keep this baby in for so much longer!

That would save a lot of rummaging and creasing everything else up in the case lol I just realised too your actually due on my birthday! I'm hoping baby is still a november baby, but the likelihood is he will be an october baby, knowing me we will end up sharing a birthday too!

I'm due 6th of October but my planned section is booked for 23rd of September. Due to previous sections and I have GD and on insulin... I always wanted a end if oct/start of November baby.. it's my fav time of year

Say that was scary.. try time them next time but hopefully it doesn't happen again . I have been having really painful lightning crotch like cant sit cant walk pain.. not long enough or in a rythem enough for me to be concerned..

My blood sugars have gone crazy like I'm eating big meals and they are lower than my fasting numbers. I was told that can happen at 36/37 weeks.. if I have loads of low hypo numbers I have to go straight to hospital as it can be a sign the placenta is slowing down which is obviously dangerous for baby and me . hubby had a dream I went into labour today.. I do feel off but defo dont think i will go before my c section lol

I'm due 6th of October but my planned section is booked for 23rd of September. Due to previous sections and I have GD and on insulin... I always wanted a end if oct/start of November baby.. it's my fav time of year

Oh good luck with the section :) I'm kinda hoping baby will stay in until atleast the end of October, chances are not on my side right now lol

Time is flying by for most of us, wow

Did someone mention acidity/heartburn?
I hve just started getting it from yesterday and it's bad, arghh. Any tips pls?

Yep! I’ve had it since about 16 weeks, and it’s gradually got worse and worse. Some nights its so bad. I take gaviscon, which you can take in pregnancy and definitely purs our the fire lol

I'm also mostly waiting around now but still reading everyone's posts. 33+2 today and only 6 more days until my baby shower which I'm looking forward too, mostly so I can access what I still need to buy. I sorted out my daycare this week, which feels crazy soon but I'll be returning to work in January and there's there's always wait list nightmares here.

I have a growth scan coming up on Sept 23rd at 35.5 weeks which 'm looking forward too. I had a genetic marker in my first trimester screening for possibly having a small baby but I actually think she's going to be on the higher end of average at full term so I'm not worried about IUGR. I was measuring ahead last appointment.

Lately I've been worried about SPD. My pelvis is sore, especially when I first get up in the morning or have been sitting a while and get up. I can still walk and move around fine but worried this could be the start of it. Does it sound like it to anyone?

Yes my spd causes me pain when I’ve been still for too long, so mostly at night or if I’m sat too long. I had it with my first pregnancy too. Luckily mine is painful, but it’s not gotten any worse so I’m kinda used to it now x

Me I'm struggling really bad with it.. I'm on prescription tablets and they are not helping.. gaviscon is like sweets for me lol they dont even take the edge off my heartburn..

I haven't found anything that helps me yet..ice cold milk used to but not anymore

Me I'm struggling really bad with it.. I'm on prescription tablets and they are not helping.. gaviscon is like sweets for me lol they dont even take the edge off my heartburn..

I haven't found anything that helps me yet..ice cold milk used to but not anymore
Yes that's what I m drinking..cold milk.. helps momentarily..
Will ask doc on Tuesday abt meds . The burps r bad!!

Yup, I've had acid reflux on and off since 26 weeks. It's not like heartburn but when I sleep I get acid shooting up my throat and sometimes into my mouth without warning. I've had luck by sleeping on an incline and trying to eat less greasy foods late at night. Tums helps with the acidity a bit so at least if it comes up it doesn't burn as much. I had a bad night a few weeks ago where i burped in my sleep and acid shot up into my mouth startling me awake and ended up aspirating a bit, was terrified to sleep for a couple nights after that one.

I take Omeprazole and then tums between as needed. Doesn't solve the problem but helps tremendously!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->