October bumpkins 2019

So weird to think baby photos and birth stories will be posted soon!

Remember how I said I was bored.. well what better way to spend the next 2-3 weeks other than projects!! Lol I literally had my and dh go to the home improvement store and buy stuff for 5 different projects!!!! I do this EVERY SINGLE PREGNANCY!

Some of it’s not too crazy, but here’s the list
1) build and stain a bench for our entryway to put diaper bags and book bags on!
2)repaint kitchen cabinets
3) finish up crown molding in kitchen and living room
4) install bead board and paint kids bathroom
5) install shiplap in our bathroom and paint

Have I ever mentioned here how much I loathe painting!? Im sure I have!! But literally just started all of these projects that involve painting!

I am probably close to half way with the cabinets! Thankfully they were already primed so I just had to put on a top coat!

Dh installed the bead board and trim in kids bathroom now just need to paint it all and clean it up!

Let’s see how much gets done before baby comes!

Oh my word Brittany that’s crazy hahahaaa

I’m also super bad for starting a million projects but we are just winding them all down now. We painted our kitchen cabinets in February, I hated it!! But they needed a ton of work. We messed them up so now they need to be replaced anyways :shock:

Still have to go to IKEA to get a few things - we’re converting an IKEA crib to a side sleeper because I never could find one online. I saw a tutorial on how to do it and it’ll save some money having it two in one!

I’m really trying to soak up these last few weeks of one on one time with my son. Part of me feels guilty he won’t be the only baby anymore, he’s still so young to have to share me. But I try and remember that having him and his brother will be a good thing in the long run.

Omg I’m due the day before you and I was up last night feeling soooooo sick! Luckily I managed to keep it down but it was for a good 2/3 hours of me sat up in bed ready to run to the bathroom!! I wonder if our bodies are preparing... as with my son I remember waking during the nights and feeling sick x
Oooh fingers crossed because I really dont want to wait to 40 weeks or even longer haha!

Oh my word Brittany that’s crazy hahahaaa

I’m also super bad for starting a million projects but we are just winding them all down now. We painted our kitchen cabinets in February, I hated it!! But they needed a ton of work. We messed them up so now they need to be replaced anyways :shock:

Still have to go to IKEA to get a few things - we’re converting an IKEA crib to a side sleeper because I never could find one online. I saw a tutorial on how to do it and it’ll save some money having it two in one!

I’m really trying to soak up these last few weeks of one on one time with my son. Part of me feels guilty he won’t be the only baby anymore, he’s still so young to have to share me. But I try and remember that having him and his brother will be a good thing in the long run.

I had that with my dd too! It was much harder on me than her though! She jumped right into big sister mode like a champ! Just talk it up a lot with him!

Ladies..I got my 2 tentative C-section dates

I have a scan on 20th now and if things have gone bad i.e. Doppler/growth/amniotic fluid , then we meet baby on 21st

Else, we meet the baby on 28th.

I m really rooting for 28th as I'll be 38+1 and obviously it's better the baby cooks a lil more longer and everything..

Pls pray my scan brings good news.. :)

Just an update b4 I read the rest of the thread that I've missed.

I went to my appointment on sunday just for a bloodtest and to be monitored. And while on the monitor I stared contracting.
Was totally different from the last time was alot more painful and the contractions were long and getting more and more regular and strong.
Anyway I wasnt aloud to go home and was admitted in to a labour and delivery suite where the contractions got more closer together more longer and more stronger.
I wish I had taken a photo of the monitor but o was in that much pain that I didnt use my phone once.
The contractions on the monitor were alot different from last Time as well.
Some of them went up as high as they can go and then went along a bit then came back down again.
The doctor was like I'm pretty sure u are going into preterm labour.
They used a speculum to take a swab but they didnt do that test this time he said there was no point because I'm 36 weeks. Was also offered steroid shots for babies lungs but the doctor said from his point view they wudnt be very beneficial for baby now because I'm 36 weeks so we both came to the decision not to have them.

Anyway after 8 hours of painful strong contractions everything fizzled out again.
U just dont know how much of a failure I feel right now. Its like my body wont work properly.
Even the midwife was shocked and was so sure we wud of had our baby yesterday. I'm so disappointed.
The backache and the contractions were very very painful. My eyes were watering.

They only used a speculum to take a swab and said my cervix is slightly open but they didnt check properly like they normoly do.
Soooo I'm now back at home AGAIN and everything has calmed down.

My induction has now been brought forward to this sunday the 22nd September.
I have to phone delivery at 8:30am
I'll be 36+6.

Right now time to read the thread.

Ok caught up.

@Shorty88

Great bump hon.

Not long now hon less than a week for you now woohoo:dance:. Do u have to phone delivery b4 u go in or do u just go in? .
My induction has been brought forward now (because of the cholestasis) and will be on Sunday 22nd September but I have to call labour and delivery at 8:30am to get a time.
Feeling very excited but nervous.
Cant believe its only days away eeeeeek. :help:

@Demotivated
Praying u get fantastic news at ure scan hon[-o<

@brittany12 you go girl. That sounds like a great idea. Sounds like ure really nesting hon.

Hope you have all had a lovely weekend.
<3:hug:

Just an update b4 I read the rest of the thread that I've missed.

I went to my appointment on sunday just for a bloodtest and to be monitored. And while on the monitor I stared contracting.
Was totally different from the last time was alot more painful and the contractions were long and getting more and more regular and strong.
Anyway I wasnt aloud to go home and was admitted in to a labour and delivery suite where the contractions got more closer together more longer and more stronger.
I wish I had taken a photo of the monitor but o was in that much pain that I didnt use my phone once.
The contractions on the monitor were alot different from last Time as well.
Some of them went up as high as they can go and then went along a bit then came back down again.
The doctor was like I'm pretty sure u are going into preterm labour.
They used a speculum to take a swab but they didnt do that test this time he said there was no point because I'm 36 weeks. Was also offered steroid shots for babies lungs but the doctor said from his point view they wudnt be very beneficial for baby now because I'm 36 weeks so we both came to the decision not to have them.

Anyway after 8 hours of painful strong contractions everything fizzled out again.
U just dont know how much of a failure I feel right now. Its like my body wont work properly.
Even the midwife was shocked and was so sure we wud of had our baby yesterday. I'm so disappointed.
The backache and the contractions were very very painful. My eyes were watering.

They only used a speculum to take a swab and said my cervix is slightly open but they didnt check properly like they normoly do.
Soooo I'm now back at home AGAIN and everything has calmed down.

My induction has now been brought forward to this sunday the 22nd September.
I have to phone delivery at 8:30am
I'll be 36+6.

Right now time to read the thread.

Oh you poor thing!! You have really been through it, but I am SOOO glad they have bought your induction forward! Xx

I
Does anyone else feel like they’ve been punched in the vagina LOL?

I’m going to sit down like I’ve already had the baby!! X
I was just coming back today from dropping my son at school.. just half a km walk but boy I couldn't walk.. I feel u.. this lightning crotch or whatever it is.. is painful..

@Suggerhoney 5days to go.. u r doing great :)

So just had my last appointment \\:D/

Still haven't been told the babys weight just told it's on track so I'm guessing 7lbs?

I have to check in on sat afternoon to be admitted.. hoping I'm not waiting all day to be sectioned on monday..

I went for a walk with my dds just down to the shops in the village and omg.. talk about back and lightning crotch :dohh:

@Suggerhoney glad they brought you forward hopefully it's not a long induction x

Lightening crotch is horrendous! I'm absolutely gutted I'm experiencing it so early this pregnancy due to baby already being engaged, 32 weeks I should still have a good few weeks before my cervix feels like a piece of paper ripping in half but nope! Watch me go right to the end.... and I have 7 more weeks of lightening crotch! I'll take my on off contractions to that any day!!!!

ooooooooh! so soon til we start meeting the babies! So exciting!

I feel like I'm bragging but I don't have lightning crotch...this one is still breech and the others were all in various stages of unstable lie, so never engaged or even stayed head down for any length of time!
Having a head under my ribs does make it difficult to breathe though!

Oh wow babies are starting to come so soon now! Crazy!

As for me.. had my appointment today with my second choice doctor and I was pretty nervous to have to try to regroup and do a whole new plan for birth and stuff with a new doctor but I got the news that my doctor will be back tomorrow! I’m sure it’ll be hard for him but selfishly I’m so glad!
So there was no change at all with me! BP was great at 120/64, weight was no gain maybe even a pound less, urine looked good, cervix was no change! I’ll see my doctor next week and we will go from there! I’m imagining he will schedule an induction for around 10/7 or 10/8 when I’m 40 weeks if I get that far! Really hoping baby stays put for another 2 weeks even with as much pain as I have sleeping and moving!
I haven’t been getting contractions and hardly any Braxton-Hicks lately and obviously with no change in my cervix I think baby will hold off til October!

Super exciting you guys! We’ll see babies within a week!

I saw my midwife yesterday and she’s my favourite haha. She’s just been the most supportive person out of anyone this pregnancy, and she’s told me if I go into labour early that she’ll do everything she can to get me a section so I don’t risk tearing again. She said I should call immediately if my water breaks or I’m in early labour, so I felt a lot better about waiting. For now I’m definitely stocking up on my all night long sleep and my son’s awesome nap schedule, because it’s all going to come crashing down haha.

Still feeling like there’s so much to do, we’re going to IKEA this weekend to get a crib, and the car seat has to go in too. We were prepared way beforehand for DS so we are definitely leaving things to the last minute this time :haha:

I feel guilty but honestly I’m not looking forward to or feeling ready for a newborn. I think my whole experience with DS1 was so negative that I’m just dreading the crying and the recovery and all that comes with having a baby. Trying to remember that this is a different baby and a different delivery, and things might be better this time. I love the age my son is now and if I could skip the first few months of babyhood I would :wacko:

so exciting, babys will be born soon enough :) i have my last scan/consultant appointment this thursday, then induction a week on friday, i cant wait, good luck to everyone x

Oh you poor thing!! You have really been through it, but I am SOOO glad they have bought your induction forward! Xx

Thank you hon. I just feel disappointed with myself. Like my body keeps trying and then failing. But them ones Sunday got so bad i was on the verge for asking for gas and air but u cant have that unless ure in established labour.
Having a few contractions now but not gonna get excited because even if they do continue they will prob just fizzle out again.
Not long now tho. Just hope it all goes well [-o&lt;
I

I was just coming back today from dropping my son at school.. just half a km walk but boy I couldn't walk.. I feel u.. this lightning crotch or whatever it is.. is painful..

@Suggerhoney 5days to go.. u r doing great :)
Omg lightning crotch is horribl . I get it so bad and it feels like ure being stabbed in the vagina and cervix it really makes u stop in ure tracks. I've been having it since about 28 weeks but now it's so painful. Feels like ure bladder is going to fall out as well.
Just outch.

So many babies will be here soon. I'm still so looking forward to @Shorty88 and @brittany12 to have theres so we can all finally find out the surprise. U ladies have been so great not finding out. I cant wait. \\:D/

Oh I'm so excited to see baby pictures! My sickness went away for a day or so and I felt far better then today I'm straight back to vomiting. Oh and lightning crotch is awful!! I agree with all you ladies! I still am not sure whether I'm getting braxton hicks or not if I'm being honest as being a FTM I've nothing to compare it to! My stomach just constantly feels hard.

Oh I'm so excited to see baby pictures! My sickness went away for a day or so and I felt far better then today I'm straight back to vomiting. Oh and lightning crotch is awful!! I agree with all you ladies! I still am not sure whether I'm getting braxton hicks or not if I'm being honest as being a FTM I've nothing to compare it to! My stomach just constantly feels hard.
I can't tell either. This week I think I may be having braxton hicks but it could also be baby moving as she's definitely running out of room. I haven't felt anything painful yet besides back pain when sitting at my desk for too long. Starting to think I should think about working from home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->