October bumpkins 2019

Michael Scott was born Tuesday October 15th at 1026am. He was 7lbs and 6oz and 20 inches long!

Once we got to the hospital I was started on cytotech. It took 3 to get me dilated to 2cm. After that (which was 12 hours!) They switched me to pitocin and that's when the ball started moving. Contractions were mild and tolerable but within the hour of changing to pitocin my water broke and they became unbearablely painful. We tried a medication to help before an epidural but it only lasted about an hour. At 2am I got my epidural and was able to sleep pretty decently. At 7am I was about a 5 and by 10am I was a full 10 and ready. We pushed for half hour before he made his grand entrance.

He's a pretty chill baby. Doesn't cry unless he's cold or hungry (so far) and nurses like a total champ.

We are enjoying our time at the hospital. Hubby is soooo in love.

View attachment 1070710 View attachment 1070712
Congrats! He's adorable xx

Michael Scott was born Tuesday October 15th at 1026am. He was 7lbs and 6oz and 20 inches long!

Once we got to the hospital I was started on cytotech. It took 3 to get me dilated to 2cm. After that (which was 12 hours!) They switched me to pitocin and that's when the ball started moving. Contractions were mild and tolerable but within the hour of changing to pitocin my water broke and they became unbearablely painful. We tried a medication to help before an epidural but it only lasted about an hour. At 2am I got my epidural and was able to sleep pretty decently. At 7am I was about a 5 and by 10am I was a full 10 and ready. We pushed for half hour before he made his grand entrance.

He's a pretty chill baby. Doesn't cry unless he's cold or hungry (so far) and nurses like a total champ.

We are enjoying our time at the hospital. Hubby is soooo in love.

View attachment 1070710 View attachment 1070712
He is so cute!! congrats, Hun. Enjoy it while he is calm. My baby started cluster feeding right when he turned 24hours. I thought something was wrong until the nurses reassure me that its normal all babies does it.

So my cervix wasn't favourable for a sweep as it's just a bit too far back and behind baby's head still. My midwife did try to pull it forward but said she couldn't though it is very soft so fingers crossed that is good news. Woke up today and lost a lot of my mucus plug with a tiny speck of blood. Trying not to get my hopes up! Another sweep booked for friday!

Hoping your tests come back clear so you can have another chance at having a little girl! X
fx for you. Just think a few more hours or days.. im excited for you!!<3<3<3

Girls, meet Lincoln, born 12.05 Tuesday afternoon.
and a PhotoGrid_1571257921788.jpg very good weight of 7lbs3!
I lost quite a bit of blood and was worried they wouldn't let me go, but I persuaded them and got home this afternoon! Full of painful trapped wind and badly anemic, but we are home which is the best place to be! Lincoln is quite sleepy and I'm having to wake him up to feed, but otherwise he's happy and perfect!

and a View attachment 1070732 very good weight of 7lbs3!
I lost quite a bit of blood and was worried they wouldn't let me go, but I persuaded them and got home this afternoon! Full of painful trapped wind and badly anemic, but we are home which is the best place to be! Lincoln is quite sleepy and I'm having to wake him up to feed, but otherwise he's happy and perfect!

Aahhhh the hair!!!! <3 congratulations!!!

Congratulations doddy.. and he sure is a tall baby..thse growth scans can b so inaccurate :) :)

Hi everyone!

Congratulations to everyone who has had their babas! They are all so so cute❤️

While I’m having a soak in the bath I thought I’d update with some pics and type up a post about the birth.

So I had a sweep on Thursday the 10th while I was at the day unit for reduced movements, was 3cm. After that I had contractions but they just weren’t getting painful enough.... went up to hosp at 11pm and they checked me and I was still 3cm and was sent home. After that contractions came and went, again either not consistent enough or weren’t progressing. They then stopped completely on the Friday evening and I thought well maybe it’s a blessing, and that I should get an early night! (Thank god I did) I woke on Saturday after a fab sleep and I carried on with my morning, and at about 10am I started contracting again, although by 11am they had gotten worse. I called the birthing centre who asked about movements, when I realised I hadn’t felt him. So was sent to delivery to be monitored before given the go ahead for the birthing centre. Although baby’s heart rate wasn’t accelerating during my contractions so we decided it was best not to go to the birthing centre (where they don’t monitor baby other than with a Doppler) 12pm and I am checked and I am 6cm. I then get moved to the room I’m going to deliver in, offered gas and air... just held on to it more than anything lol! And then after a while the midwife suggested to break my waters to speed things a long as baby’s heart rate was going down slightly. As soon as she broke my waters, I had the urge to push, and 10 minutes later at 2.30pm he was here❤️ He had the cord round his neck twice and once around his whole body!!
Here he is... my little 9lb chunk! :)
158CCEDD-ADF6-4D56-8B3E-7D7D4BF3D4E4.jpeg

How’s it going Jessie, doddy and Nolimit?

Who’s left other than those ladies? So unusual in a group to have so many of the babies born already, we’re only just halfway through the month!

Sorry Sugger, I know how you feel. I am RH- but won’t take Rhogam for personal reasons, so they test my babies for their blood type, and as soon as I get a positive baby I have a chance of being sensitized to their blood, making it risky to have more babies. DH and I always said if I were to be sensitized, we’d get him a vasectomy and stop having kids. We found out today Emmett is A+ even though my older son is A-. So I have to be tested in a few weeks to see if I was sensitized or not. If I was, we won’t be having more babies. It’s bittersweet for me as I love the kids I have, but I would be a bit sad to say goodbye to this time of my life. And the chance at a daughter! But I’m so thankful for my boys :)

We are home! We were discharged just 24 hours after the section, I stayed 3 full days with my tear. This has been an incredibly healing birth for me, I can’t believe how smoothly it’s all gone. Very happy to be home and feeling good!

Oh hon I hope u get good news and u do have a chance to do it again if u decide to.
[-o&lt;

Sorry l haven't been on since my rant.
I'm not to good at the moment I was in the hospital Tuesday evening and came home yesterday evening I have a really bad kidney infection so now on some strong antibiotics.

Hope ure all ok. I love seeing all these baby pics and cant wait to see more.
Good luck to the rest of you still waiting hope it wont be much longer.
Thinking of you all.

Congrats hun he is too cute!

Congrats doddy and Nolimit, beautiful boys!

Sorry you haven’t been well Sugger, hope you start feeling better soon xx

Today the midwife stopped by and told us one blood test came back showing no fetal cells in my blood - she says that’s a really good sign I won’t have developed any antibodies to baby’s blood, but I’ll still have to do another blood test at around 4 weeks pp. However I’m very happy to hear our blood didn’t mix as it’s a strong indication everything will be ok if we decide on a third!

Also (TMI, lol) had my first postpartum poop today. It was actually fine, I was pretty worried as I remember it being awful with DS1. Glad to have that done with and I feel so much better :rofl: Emmett is doing great!

Today the midwife stopped by and told us one blood test came back showing no fetal cells in my blood - she says that’s a really good sign I won’t have developed any antibodies to baby’s blood, but I’ll still have to do another blood test at around 4 weeks pp. However I’m very happy to hear our blood didn’t mix as it’s a strong indication everything will be ok if we decide on a third!

Also (TMI, lol) had my first postpartum poop today. It was actually fine, I was pretty worried as I remember it being awful with DS1. Glad to have that done with and I feel so much better :rofl: Emmett is doing great!

I hear you with the poop!! Day 4 and I hadn't been, partly because I was so anxious about it and partly because I feel like Harper came out of my bum it felt so bruised haha. But it wasn't so bad and the relief! Haha

Well holy shit, this was the best labor out of the three. I woke up at 12:15 to contractions every 2-3 minutes apart. Parents got to our house and we arrived at the hospital at 1:30AM. I got checked was already at a 6cm, got epidural a little before 3am, started to push a little after four, and she was here within four minutes of pushing. No tears, no hemorrhage (as of yet and hope it stays that way), no NICU stay, just flawless. This is how I had always envisioned it to go and it feels odd to actually have it but makes me happy.
9 lbs 8 oz and 22inches. Nobody knew where she hid again lol.

Hearing u on the poop bit as well lol. Took me about 5 days to go. Why is it so scary hahahaha. Feels so good when u do go tho. Was having major wind and trapped wind and oh the relief when I finally went hahahahahahaha

Well holy shit, this was the best labor out of the three. I woke up at 12:15 to contractions every 2-3 minutes apart. Parents got to our house and we arrived at the hospital at 1:30AM. I got checked was already at a 6cm, got epidural a little before 3am, started to push a little after four, and she was here within four minutes of pushing. No tears, no hemorrhage (as of yet and hope it stays that way), no NICU stay, just flawless. This is how I had always envisioned it to go and it feels odd to actually have it but makes me happy.
9 lbs 8 oz and 22inches. Nobody knew where she hid again lol.

Hahahaha I'm LOL here at the holy shit part :rofl:

Awwww hon that's amazing u had such a positive experience this time I'm so pleased for you.
Mine was a positive experience to after all that worry. The only downside was the hemorrhaging again but it wasnt as bad as with DD.
Congratulations hon:happydance:

Hahahaha I'm LOL here at the holy shit part :rofl:

Awwww hon that's amazing u had such a positive experience this time I'm so pleased for you.
Mine was a positive experience to after all that worry. The only downside was the hemorrhaging again but it wasnt as bad as with DD.
Congratulations hon:happydance:
lol I just call it as I see it. I had a bad hemorrhage with our first daughter (over 2 liters of blood loss). And my doctor is pretty sure I have PTSD from it, which thankfully really only flares up when I'm pregnant but gets worse the longer the pregnancy goes. Last week was horrible. And then with our son, I got an infection while in labor and he had to go to NICU and that was a horrible experience there. They are amazing nurses for babies who need it, but not so good with full term babies that didn't need help (they where giving him 3-4 oz of milk right away and he kept puking it up and they didn't understand why).
And yesterday at my apt I was just freaking out and it was bad. Such high anxiety yesterday but I have never felt more in control with a labor which was so different.
Sorry to hear you had hemorrhaged again but glad to hear it wasn't as bad.

Wanted to check in on the ladies still waiting on their babies. How are you guys doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->