October bumpkins 2019

So ended up at the out of hours doctors today because maternity wouldn't answer, with a suspected UTI. And yeppp of course I wasn't wrong, traces of blood and protein in my urine! For god sake! Antibiotics for a week now 3 times a day. Was getting bad pressure when urinating and never felt my bladder properly empty. Hopefully it clears up soon!
Aw that sucks, hopefully it clears up soon. I had a UTI as well back at 5 weeks and its not pleasant, especially while pregnant. I find drinking a lot of water seems to help flush it out quicker if it's only a mild case and avoiding lots of sugars and acidic foods always helped me.

Just confirmed my gender ultrasound is booked for May 14th. Can't believe we're so close to being able to find out. I'm going to a private place that does them starting at 16 weeks since I'm not patient and my mom and sister are going so we can all find out at once. We did the same with my sister when she found out she was having a boy last year.

Thanks everyone. Was gonna reply individually but you's are all too nice! I feel a bit better this morning so fingers crossed the antibiotics work and I don't end up back at out of hours before doctors open again on Wednesday!

Happy Easter everyone..

It's currently 11 am im still in bed woke up at half 7 to do an egg hunt with my daughter's and went to bed and fell back asleep..

I was woken by what is defo kicks/movements from baby... alot higher than I would think near my belly button but I'm so happy to feel it... I'll be having a scan on Thursday no pic unfortunately can't wait to see how big it's got..

Think we have some gender reveals this week do we??

Happy Easter everyone..

It's currently 11 am im still in bed woke up at half 7 to do an egg hunt with my daughter's and went to bed and fell back asleep..

I was woken by what is defo kicks/movements from baby... alot higher than I would think near my belly button but I'm so happy to feel it... I'll be having a scan on Thursday no pic unfortunately can't wait to see how big it's got..

Where are you feeling movements? Mine feel like below my ribs but that has to be too high at this point I'm almost sure so it must be gas?

Happy Easter everyone..

Awww I hope you are feeling brighter as the day goes by xxx

Wow another scan well that’s exciting and also reassuring to have :)
Yes hopefully we have some gender reveals on the group.

We are holding off until 20 weeks but excited to hear if anyone else finds out xx

Last edited:
Anyone else starting to buy things??

I posted this on another thread but this is what I have got already.. made space in what will be the nursery and starting to stock pile

I have started to pick up some stuff.. i picked up one outfit and a pack of baby grows and vests (white or numeral colours) they where on a deal.. so adorable seeing how small they are

I have 2 boxes of water wipes they where on special that i couldn't pass.. and a pack of num 1 pamper nappies 72 nappies on sale for 4 euro so couldn't pass it.. they way I'm looking at it if something is to go wrong (touch wood) o can donate nearly everything I have to a charity..

I picked up one fleece blanket grey and white for coming home the hospital..

I went to a baby fair and got loads of free stuff bottles.. soother holders.. bottle scrubber and formula holder..

Not going to buy any big stuff don't have much to buy only a small crib for when baby is a new born.. I have everything in perfect condition from my last DD... just have to get a new basket from my pram and a colour pack as I had a purple pram going to go for grey like the one below

Screenshot_20190422-090134_Gallery.jpg

It turns into this then when baby gets bigger.. doesn't look it but it is so light.. it is a double pram aswell one of my best buys when my dds where small
Screenshot_20190422-090325_Gallery.jpg

i have got quite alot of stuff aswell, pram, moses basket and stand, bottle set with steriliser,(my in laws brought them, they are being stored at theres) got a new prep machine, a few unisex outfits and blanket, thats all im buying until i have my gender scan next weekend :) hope u all had a good easter x

I posted this on another thread but this is what I have got already.. made space in what will be the nursery and starting to stock pile

I have started to pick up some stuff.. i picked up one outfit and a pack of baby grows and vests (white or numeral colours) they where on a deal.. so adorable seeing how small they are

I have 2 boxes of water wipes they where on special that i couldn't pass.. and a pack of num 1 pamper nappies 72 nappies on sale for 4 euro so couldn't pass it.. they way I'm looking at it if something is to go wrong (touch wood) o can donate nearly everything I have to a charity..

I went to a baby fair and got loads of free stuff bottles.. soother holders.. bottle scrubber and formula holder..

Not going to buy any big stuff don't have much to buy only a small crib for when baby is a new born.. I have everything in perfect condition from my last DD... just have to get a new basket from my pram and a colour pack as I had a purple pram going to go for grey like the one below

View attachment 1059794

It turns into this then when baby gets bigger.. doesn't look it but it is so light.. it is a double pram aswell one of my best buys when my dds where small
View attachment 1059795

Sounds very organised and practical to spread the cost as time does creep up on you.

As baby is our second we have a lot we kept but we have brought a new buggy (second hand travel system) as our old one looks pretty used now and only paid £100 for this one and it was from a friend in excellent condition.

We have bottle prep, Moses basket, bouncers, cot and bedding so a lot of the Expense is taken away. Clothes we have a few unisex from before we kept but will buy new for our baby boy or girl and also enables friends to have ideas on gifts which are more personal xx

I enjoy the build up so much but certainly need to consider deals on nappies, talc shampoo etc when I see them xx

Actually this is a good idea maybe I can think out loud with you ladies for what we’ll need haha

We have so much from DS, but someone told me I might need a double stroller as he’ll only be 17 months when the new baby is born? Anyone have experience with this? Those strollers are really expensive I think.

Anyhow for sure we’ll need:
- New bottles
- New soother clips
- Clothes (if it’s a girl)
- Diapers/breast pads

And I think that’s mainly it? We still have DS’s infant car seat in perfect shape in the basement. The pack and play we have can convert into a Bassinet, and we are totally stocked with blankets/swaddles/burp cloths etc.

Maybe we’ll try one of those swaddles with Velcro this time. And I gave away our baby swing which we totally needed for DS as a newborn.

Our gender scan is in just over 2 weeks! Super excited.

Defo would need a double pram.. there is 2 years between mine and I couldn't of done with my double pram.. I got a tandem pram so it was easier to get around.. this is the exact one I have...

If you don't think you will use it much you could get the buggy boards with a seat I had one of them too and it was a god send...

Screenshot_20190422-180403_Gallery.jpg

Hi ladies

I am back from my Scandinavian vacation.
It was nice & cold :D
The clinic in Norway didn't do my scan as they don't do gender scans if less than 16weeks. We insisted but they didn't budge so that was quite disappointing..

Apart from that , the trip in itself was v taxing.. lots of walking, stairs, flights, toddler crying to be lifted, pushing sons light luggage around..

After coming back today, I spent a good
20 minutes on the Doppler today but couldn't find the HB. I have had no spotting.. yet..I don't know why..
I am fairly certain that I have lost the baby.. :(

Hi ladies

The clinic in Norway didn't do my scan as they don't do gender scans if less than 16weeks. We insisted but they didn't budge so that was quite disappointing..

Apart from that , the trip in itself was v taxing.. lots of walking, stairs, flights, toddler crying to be lifted, pushing sons light luggage around..

20 minutes on the Doppler today but couldn't find the HB. I have had no spotting.. yet..I don't know why..

Try drinking something really cold and lie on your left side and try that way.. could be baby is just tucked behind the placenta or could be since it's gotten bigger that it has moved up higher??

Are you having pains?

View attachment 1059794

View attachment 1059795
I loveeeee your pram set! I keep looking at so many but can’t decide on one I love! So picky haha. We have the steriliser and bottle set and ordered the bottle prep machine today. Also have a few baby grows and a set of vests in but that is all so far! Waiting until gender scan next Friday.

Hi ladies

I am fairly sure you haven’t lost baby! At this rate finding the HB on a handheld Doppler is not 100% accurate even if you pick up a HB it could be related to the placenta pulsing. Don’t worry unless you have bleeding!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->