October bumpkins 2019

Ah congratulations you guys!! So happy for both of you!

And twinklestar how ridiculous. I can’t stand when people say things like that because it’s not helpful for anyone! Also 3 boys will be so wonderful, think of all the men you’ll have to take care of you when you’re old :p

So I did a sneaky little thing and moved my scan to today since my date got moved ahead, so I’ll go in just 2 hours!!

Awwwww congrats ladies on ure scans and finding out gender. So happy for you

@twinklestar25
That is ridiculous saying ure have ure hands full. I personally think boys are easier than girls because boys are way more laid back where as girls are more independent.
Its lovely when Girls are little and all the lovely cloths but when they get to teenagers they are hard work.
My eldest is 15 almost 16 and she is a nightmare. I love her to bits but oh my goodness the hormones the moods the attitude it's really really hard.
My youngest DD is only 6 and she is a rite little diva now but it is quite funny but I am dreading when she hits the dreaded teenage years](*,)

My DS is 8 and he is easy and just plays. My 6 year old DD bosses him around I call her little miss bossy boots hahahaha.
She had a complete melt down when she found out she is having a little brother because she wanted a little sister. But now she keeps stroking and kissing my belly and drawing pictures for her baby brother it's so cute.
Having 2 boys will be fun hon and I love it how boys are mummies boys hehehehe. Mind u my 6 year old DD is a right mummies girl which is unusual because they say girls are more for there dads.

@brittany12
Oh hon u poor thing. Mine has eased off the last few days but no dought it will be back. :-(

Congrats again ladies I think the girls are gonna come rolling rite in now.

Ah congratulations you guys!! So happy for both of you!

And twinklestar how ridiculous. I can’t stand when people say things like that because it’s not helpful for anyone! Also 3 boys will be so wonderful, think of all the men you’ll have to take care of you when you’re old :p

So I did a sneaky little thing and moved my scan to today since my date got moved ahead, so I’ll go in just 2 hours!!

Good luck at ure scan hon cant wait to find out what ure having

Just caught up on posts. Its so exciting for all the gender reveals that are rolling in.

Congrats on the girls @Jessie7003 and @playgirl666 ! I hope to be joining you next week. And congrats on the boy @twinklestar25!

@Sander can't wait to find out what your having. The next week is going to go so slowly, I booked my scan the earliest day possible too. :)

Iv had a stressful day ontop of not sleeping very well and sickness back all morning to my back still killing me

I am finally sitting down to a movie night with my girls and nephew and I'm having a non alcoholic pear cider and it is heaven

I'll check back in tomorrow night ladies x

Iv had a stressful day ontop of not sleeping very well and sickness back all morning to my back still killing me

I am finally sitting down to a movie night with my girls and nephew and I'm having a non alcoholic pear cider and it is heaven

I'll check back in tomorrow night ladies x
oh no :( hope ur feeling better soon x

i have ordered this ted baker sleepsuit and headband x

View attachment 1060368

That's so cute hon.
I've not brought anything for baby yet I always wait until 24 weeks but I have been looking at loads of boy stuff and it's so cute. It makes me feel all excited.
They have these little onesies with waist coats and bow toes on them and it's so cute. Cant wait to start buying.
Just wanna double check the sex at my next scan and then when I hit 24 weeks there be no holding me back hehe.

So had my scan and baby was being super stubborn with its legs crossed, I had to use the bathroom, run up and down the stairs etc - nothing.

So finally the tech decides she can’t see between baby’s legs, but sees the nub and says it’s a boy. Anyhow I’m like much more upset than I thought I would be haha. I’m also in a bit of denial like maybe she’s wrong. Ugh I dunno. I just need time to come around I think

We found our crib today!!!

Congratulations to all those who have found out their babies genders. We haven't yet, we may not but we also may later to do a reveal. My husband and I are thinking though we are going to have a boy. Not sure why, it's just a feeling <3

So had my scan and baby was being super stubborn with its legs crossed, I had to use the bathroom, run up and down the stairs etc - nothing.

So finally the tech decides she can’t see between baby’s legs, but sees the nub and says it’s a boy. Anyhow I’m like much more upset than I thought I would be haha. I’m also in a bit of denial like maybe she’s wrong. Ugh I dunno. I just need time to come around I think
aww! its possible she could be wrong since she couldn't see the potty shot! But if not 2 boys close in age should be fun! They will love it growing up! I think I may be in the same situation with two boys close in age if everyone is right about this one being a boy!

We found our crib today!!!

Congratulations to all those who have found out their babies genders. We haven't yet, we may not but we also may later to do a reveal. My husband and I are thinking though we are going to have a boy. Not sure why, it's just a feeling <3
yay for finding a crib!

Remember if any of you ladies do face gender disappointment, whatever you are feeling is OKAY. It's normal it sucks, but your feelings are valid. In the end you will love that child like no tomorrow, but in this moment you are mourning the child you didn't get. You have dreams of what your family would look like and sometimes it's hard to accept something other than what you thought, but you will in time. It's okay to feel whatever it is your feeling, but if it goes to the extreme where you cannot pick yourself out of it after some time, let your DH or SO know and let your doctor know. It's okay.

Sorry to just seem random on this but going through gender disappointment I want others to know their feelings are valid. And that you aren't alone.

Remember if any of you ladies do face gender disappointment, whatever you are feeling is OKAY. It's normal it sucks, but your feelings are valid. In the end you will love that child like no tomorrow, but in this moment you are mourning the child you didn't get. You have dreams of what your family would look like and sometimes it's hard to accept something other than what you thought, but you will in time. It's okay to feel whatever it is your feeling, but if it goes to the extreme where you cannot pick yourself out of it after some time, let your DH or SO know and let your doctor know. It's okay.

Sorry to just seem random on this but going through gender disappointment I want others to know their feelings are valid. And that you aren't alone.

Thank you butterfly, I feel so bad about being upset but with my first DS I had disappointment, and then thought it's ok because next time maybe we'll get a girl. Now it is next time, and very possibly the last time - and I had all these ideas of having a friend in my daughter, and now I won't have that, probably ever. I wrote a whole post about it in the gender disappointment section, it was nice to just write it all out. Anyways DH is being really good and supportive, he knows how much I was hoping for a girl. He's even indulging my crazy and we've booked one more scan at a different location for next weekend. What the technician showed us as a penis was the baby's nub, and I keep thinking that if baby is a little farther behind developmentally than we think, it could have very well been a girl nub (and in my opinion, looked like a girl nub). The baby had its legs crossed so tight that she couldn't even glimpse between them, and from what I've seen online, the tech can't make an educated guess if there's no potty shot. Also there was a giant family in right before us that had been in there for the second time because the first time they couldn't determine gender - and the technician couldn't get it the second time either. So I think she was under a bit of pressure to give a result, and I think it wasn't really fair that she just told us boy and sent us on our way without being able to see between the legs.

I'll attach a pic here I found online of someone else's nub shot at around 15 weeks - it looks identical to what she showed us as a penis (see the long white line). The baby in the scan photo ended up being a girl. I'll also include my son's potty shot at the same gestation - no mistaking that one haha. I was hoping to get this kind of confirmation but baby was just not cooperating.

Anyways you're right I know I will adore this baby either way, and if it is a boy my son will have a brother close in age to him which is amazing. I'm always reminding myself how lucky I am to be able to conceive, and am really thankful for this baby, whatever the gender ends up being.

8d6b7fce-45b8-42cc-804b-0808072f5419-Z.jpg Elias.png

We were the same having to go the toilet, jump up and down, cough as baby had legs crossed! All curled up ❤️. It’s natural to want both genders, I thought I’d get at least 1 girl out of 3 children but nope! 2 boys are great there are lots of pros- can take them to the same movie and they both enjoy it, they both like similar games but also have their own likes and lots more.
I’m not even sure why I wanted a girl, I’d sorter gotten over it after ds2, went for a third thinking I’d like to do it again Plus always wanted a bigger family, I think it’s pressure of others more than anything for me.

Thank you butterfly, I feel so bad about being upset but with my first DS I had disappointment, and then thought it's ok because next time maybe we'll get a girl. Now it is next time, and very possibly the last time - and I had all these ideas of having a friend in my daughter, and now I won't have that, probably ever. I wrote a whole post about it in the gender disappointment section, it was nice to just write it all out. Anyways DH is being really good and supportive, he knows how much I was hoping for a girl. He's even indulging my crazy and we've booked one more scan at a different location for next weekend. What the technician showed us as a penis was the baby's nub, and I keep thinking that if baby is a little farther behind developmentally than we think, it could have very well been a girl nub (and in my opinion, looked like a girl nub). The baby had its legs crossed so tight that she couldn't even glimpse between them, and from what I've seen online, the tech can't make an educated guess if there's no potty shot. Also there was a giant family in right before us that had been in there for the second time because the first time they couldn't determine gender - and the technician couldn't get it the second time either. So I think she was under a bit of pressure to give a result, and I think it wasn't really fair that she just told us boy and sent us on our way without being able to see between the legs.

I'll attach a pic here I found online of someone else's nub shot at around 15 weeks - it looks identical to what she showed us as a penis (see the long white line). The baby in the scan photo ended up being a girl. I'll also include my son's potty shot at the same gestation - no mistaking that one haha. I was hoping to get this kind of confirmation but baby was just not cooperating.

Anyways you're right I know I will adore this baby either way, and if it is a boy my son will have a brother close in age to him which is amazing. I'm always reminding myself how lucky I am to be able to conceive, and am really thankful for this baby, whatever the gender ends up being.

View attachment 1060379 View attachment 1060380

I know how you feel I went through the same thing with dd2 as I thought she would be my last baby I wanted a boy.. and I always remember my stomach dropping when she said girl.. I couldn't say anything the midwife knew I wasn't happy so just moved on fast...

Now I can't imagine my life without my dd2 she brings the laughter in our house so funny. her and dd1 2 years between them and they are the best of friends.

This time around I really don't mind which one.. ideally I would love a boy for Dh cause Poor him with 4 girls in the house during the time of the month lol but he actually wants a girl (I think cause he has got to finally pick a name lol and he picked the girls name)

But I don't agree with the sonagrammer saying its a boy based on the nub theory espically if it was not as clear as day!! I wouldn't be confident in the sex untill I seen the potty shot x

Congrats on other gender announcements and so sorry for your disappointment Sander. You never know though like you said the potty shot is everything. I had to pee twice at my scan as my bladder was still too full and even after that it took a while to get a potty shot as baby’s legs were right down in my right hip area but she eventually got it and then used the nub to confirm which was straight as could be (her words).

I don’t want to post my girly clothes as I hate to see people upset about gender considering I’m having what you hope for. But even if it is a boy you never know you might go for a third (if you and your partner want to) and get what you want!

Ahh though me and OH are having a nightmare at the moment as when I was single I was seeing a boy I work with and he can’t accept that I’m not only with OH for baby and not interested in the other boy anymore. We were much better as friends and both realised that. OH is living in my parents house with me as his family still aren’t supportive of my pregnancy. Wish he would see that if it was just for baby I wouldn’t have him living here I would be trying to be as independent as possible. Thought we were going to break up last night and still don’t know if we’re okay or not. Sorry for the rant I’m so fed up. Hormones probably aren’t helping!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->