October bumpkins 2019

Congrats on other gender announcements and so sorry for your disappointment Sander. You never know though like you said the potty shot is everything. I had to pee twice at my scan as my bladder was still too full and even after that it took a while to get a potty shot as baby’s legs were right down in my right hip area but she eventually got it and then used the nub to confirm which was straight as could be (her words).

I don’t want to post my girly clothes as I hate to see people upset about gender considering I’m having what you hope for. But even if it is a boy you never know you might go for a third (if you and your partner want to) and get what you want!

Ahh though me and OH are having a nightmare at the moment as when I was single I was seeing a boy I work with and he can’t accept that I’m not only with OH for baby and not interested in the other boy anymore. We were much better as friends and both realised that. OH is living in my parents house with me as his family still aren’t supportive of my pregnancy. Wish he would see that if it was just for baby I wouldn’t have him living here I would be trying to be as independent as possible. Thought we were going to break up last night and still don’t know if we’re okay or not. Sorry for the rant I’m so fed up. Hormones probably aren’t helping!

Aw Jessie you are so sweet and kind, but please post your baby clothes!! I would love to live vicariously through you guys having girls! Also girls come with the CUTEST outfits I would love to see them :)

Sorry you and your OH are going through a rough patch, that must be so so hard while you’re pregnant. Remind me, was it your OH’s family that doesn’t believe the baby is his? Big hugs to you, it’s hard enough to be pregnant without dealing with family problems

Aw Jessie you are so sweet and kind, but please post your baby clothes!! I would love to live vicariously through you guys having girls! Also girls come with the CUTEST outfits I would love to see them :)

Sorry you and your OH are going through a rough patch, that must be so so hard while you’re pregnant. Remind me, was it your OH’s family that doesn’t believe the baby is his? Big hugs to you, it’s hard enough to be pregnant without dealing with family problems
I've spent a fortune already haha! I'll post a couple later if you're sure! Yes unfortunately! I think 2 of his sisters have realised they were being silly but I'm still not allowed in his house, it is tough!

Awww @Sander
I wudnt just go with the nub.
With my DD at the 20 weeks scan she had her legs crossed and like you and some of the other ladies I had to jump around like a mad womon but at 20 weeks I was told 70% girl but she cudnt be sure sure because the legs were crossed.
So theres still a chance it cud be a girl hon.
They do get the gender wrong sometimes.
When I was in hospital after having DS there was a lady who was in the bed next to mine and all the way through her pregnancy she was told she was having a small boy. Then when she gave birth she had a very big 10lb girl so the scans are not always accurate.

I'm even holding off buying anything yet until I have my 20 weeks scan. I just want to double check on the sex even tho he had everything on show and pretty sure he will still be a boy at the next scan I just want to be 100% b4 I start going crazy buying blue.

I had gender disappointment with my first. I didnt find out what I was having and all the way through my pregnancy I really thought I was having a boy and then when I gave birth and they said congratulations it's a girl I was just like oh.

At the beginning of this pregnancy I was swaying more toward a girl just so she cud share with my youngest DD but then i started getting that I'm having a boy feeling around 11 weeks so I thought its gonna be a boy so I better prepare myself.

I'm so over the moon I'm having a boy but we had a few girls names picked out esp as everyone was convinced it was going to be a girl.
I picked out a few names which I loved.
But we dont have any boy names picked out. So now got to think of a boys name.
I've thrown a few names about but hubby is just like no no no.
At the moment he is going to be the boy with no name lol

I've spent a fortune already haha! I'll post a couple later if you're sure! Yes unfortunately! I think 2 of his sisters have realised they were being silly but I'm still not allowed in his house, it is tough!

Oh hon I'm so sorry his family are being so terrible its just awful. <3

Thank you everyone you’re all so sweet. Yesterday I was just extra emotional, after sleeping on it I’m feeling better. We’ll still have a confirmation scan next weekend though haha, hoping to get a real potty shot :p

DH and I are throwing around boy names as we had a girl name picked but nothing for a boy. We both like Ben, but I don’t like just Ben and I also don’t want Benjamin, so we’re thinking Bennett. DH loves Cyrus I think it’s too out there (also I can only think of Miley Cyrus haha). Maybe as a middle name. But I’m sure we’ll hem and haw over names for a while yet!

sorry ladies.. been MIA..
so exciting to read about gender scans and names being picked up :)

I got nothing new to report.. except that i have developed a heightened sense of smell.. and its not pretty.. gagging at almost everything.. uggh.. i just keep dabbing my perfume endlessly..

mums who use dopplers, how often do u use them? i have no trouble in finding baby's HB now but i check once in 2-3 days.. is it a lot?

I got nothing new to report.. except that i have developed a heightened sense of smell.. and its not pretty.. gagging at almost everything.. uggh.. i just keep dabbing my perfume endlessly..

mums who use dopplers, how often do u use them? i have no trouble in finding baby's HB now but i check once in 2-3 days.. is it a lot?
hi i also check once evey 2-3 days aswell, i wouldnt say its alot at all x

one thing that was mentioned on saturday at my private scan was that it looks like to the woman scanning me that i will have a small baby, i said all 3 of mine was 6ibers and she said its nothing out of the normal for me then, and she said its nothing to worry about x

Anyone else like me and getting worried about movement?? I know movment isn't every day this early but for someone that doesn't have a Doppler (mine is arriving next week) how are you calming the nerves?

I think I'm driving myself crazy trying to get the baby to give me a huge kick when it's just not at that stage yet

I use my doppler probably once in a 36 hour span. Like, I'll use it in the morning on one day, then in the evening on the next, then skip a day, and listen again the next morning. Until I feel movement, it makes me feel better.

I think it depends what you do shorty. I feel the baby move a lot when I'm running around at work. I feel like it's directly linked to me over exerting myself and the baby is trying to get me to knock it off. The baby will also move for me if my husband starts to rub my belly, but only sometimes. I just think there's so much room in there still that if the baby isn't upset or excited the movements are normal and not exaggerated so we don't feel them. Those are my thoughts on it...

Like Playgirl said using a Doppler every few days I think is totally fine. I love hearing this babies heartbeat. :)

Thanks ladies.. also I don't seem to remember this happening with my previous pregnancy (been almost 5yrs) but I get these sudden sharp pains which go away on seconds . And they come once in a day or 2.
Could it be just muscle stretch or gas or something I should get checked about?
I also sometimes gets menstrual cramps lkke feeling down there :|

@Demotivated in the September thread a few of them have had braxton hicks since 15 weeks.. could be that.. doesn't mean anything just could be the cause of the sharp pain..

I'm still suffering with really painful gas sorry tmi lol.. also if I get up suddenly I get this mad pain the only way to describe it would be something flicking off my bottom ribs like you only last a for a min x

Just caught up on posts. Its so exciting for all the gender reveals that are rolling in.

Congrats on the girls @Jessie7003 and @playgirl666 ! I hope to be joining you next week. And congrats on the boy @twinklestar25!

@Sander can't wait to find out what your having. The next week is going to go so slowly, I booked my scan the earliest day possible too. :)

Yes indeed congratulations to you all ladies - fabulous to hear all the gender reveals xx
Sorry I’ve been a little quiet on here as we are on holiday so WiFi is intermittent xxx

Gender scan planned for 18 May for us xx cannot wait x

Thanks ladies.. also I don't seem to remember this happening with my previous pregnancy (been almost 5yrs) but I get these sudden sharp pains which go away on seconds . And they come once in a day or 2.
Could it be just muscle stretch or gas or something I should get checked about?
I also sometimes gets menstrual cramps lkke feeling down there :|
Round ligament pain perhaps? I get them if I move too quickly etc.

Maybe this is spiteful Jessie but I would make myself feel better by imagining how much they’ll have to apologize once the baby’s born and is proven to be your OH’s. But that’s bad I shouldn’t say that haha, your thought is much nicer :haha:

I agree with @Sander.. if that was me.. I wouldn't allow them into the hospital to visit the baby and make it clear to them that it is your baby and if they are not ok with you then they don't get to see the baby. I would also like an apology when it is proven to be your oh. You are at your most vulnerable right after giving birth and you don't need that negative energry in the room. Believe me I had my father in laws partner (who he had an affair with and ripped the family apart) try to call me and wanted to come visit.. I let her have it stood my ground she knows how much I hate her.. she was horrible to my DH when he was 14 and I went into mama bear mode.. best thing I ever did.. I even think FIL was proud lol

Maybe this is spiteful Jessie but I would make myself feel better by imagining how much they’ll have to apologize once the baby’s born and is proven to be your OH’s. But that’s bad I shouldn’t say that haha, your thought is much nicer :haha:
Oh they're gonna look sooo silly haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"