October bumpkins 2019

Just wanted to show something I just saw on Facebook.. shows how greedy health insurance and hospitals in the USA are! Makes me want to dig out my old bills! This bill is actually 1/2 the cost of my birth for my ds!

I mean how can you charge someone for holding their baby?

59C81C31-6B9A-4DC3-B727-E3DB9F45E845.jpeg

So ladies I been an emotional mess all day today and have cried and cried and cried to the point I dont think I can cry no more.

So many things going on in my head rite now.

Will my baby be ok?
Will I get far enough so he can be delivered safely and as healthy as possible?
Will I go into very early pre term labour?
Are these pills going to work?
Why is this happening so early?
Why is this happening to me again?
Is he going to survive and be a take home baby?

I just feel so in limbo rite now.
I had just got to the stage where I was finally relaxing and now it feels like I've got back to square one like at the start of the pregnancy.
In early pregnancy I just wanted to get to 13 weeks and out of the high risk MC danger zone.

And now it's back to counting each day and wanting to get to a certain stage.
Still another 6 weeks to go until the pregnancy is classed as viable.
So now its like rite I have to get to 24 weeks. And then when or if I get there I'm going to be thinking now I need to get to 26 then 28 then 30 then 32 then 34.
This has taken the joy rite out of this pregnancy and all I'm left with now is fear. Fear of the unknown.

Just wanted to show something I just saw on Facebook.. shows how greedy health insurance and hospitals in the USA are! Makes me want to dig out my old bills! This bill is actually 1/2 the cost of my birth for my ds!

I mean how can you charge someone for holding their baby?

View attachment 1060598

That is soooo crazy. My obs office accidentally billed me for services covered by insurance. They wanted 25 dollars for asking me 10 questions about my mental health during this pregnancy. I was floored. That bill you have there and the charge for taking a survey I wasn't even asked if it was something I wanted to do is complete and utter nonsense. Disgusting. Reform reform reform. Ugh.

Good news shortly. Glad everything is just fine. Hopefully the results come back and you can address whatever is happening.

I'm sorry things are so hard sugger. I'm positive your provider will take great care of you and babe and your liver and make sure you will have a healthy baby in your arms by the time all is said and done. Just try your best to put your faith in your doctor's and trust their judgment, and know that they have yours and babies best interest and won't let you lose the baby. Everything will be okay even if it seems like it won't right now. :hugs:

That is soooo crazy. My obs office accidentally billed me for services covered by insurance. They wanted 25 dollars for asking me 10 questions about my mental health during this pregnancy. I was floored. That bill you have there and the charge for taking a survey I wasn't even asked if it was something I wanted to do is complete and utter nonsense. Disgusting. Reform reform reform. Ugh.

I know! Soooo crazy! Every little thing is billed for! Probably even the air we breathe and the water we use to flush the toilets!

So ladies I been an emotional mess all day today and have cried and cried and cried to the point I dont think I can cry no more.

So many things going on in my head rite now.

Will my baby be ok?
Will I get far enough so he can be delivered safely and as healthy as possible?
Will I go into very early pre term labour?
Are these pills going to work?
Why is this happening so early?
Why is this happening to me again?
Is he going to survive and be a take home baby?

I just feel so in limbo rite now.
I had just got to the stage where I was finally relaxing and now it feels like I've got back to square one like at the start of the pregnancy.
In early pregnancy I just wanted to get to 13 weeks and out of the high risk MC danger zone.

And now it's back to counting each day and wanting to get to a certain stage.
Still another 6 weeks to go until the pregnancy is classed as viable.
So now its like rite I have to get to 24 weeks. And then when or if I get there I'm going to be thinking now I need to get to 26 then 28 then 30 then 32 then 34.
This has taken the joy rite out of this pregnancy and all I'm left with now is fear. Fear of the unknown.
Sorry you’re going through this but you have to just be strong and try not to stress which can make matters worse! I know your doctors will monitor you closely and stay on top of things! One day at a time!

Thanks ladies..

My god this pregnancy is going to be the end of me lol

Anyone else got the ovia pregnancy app??
I love it..

Is anybody else finding that they need to go to the loo more often... and you feel absolutely bursting to go but when you get there you have the most pathetic wee ever? haha

Thanks ladies..

My god this pregnancy is going to be the end of me lol

Anyone else got the ovia pregnancy app??
I love it..
Glad all is okay with baby! Yeah i use that app I love how it shows the size of baby's hands and feet every week.

So glad everything is ok Shorty!!❤️
Yes I use the Ovia app too :) x

Failed my first diabetes test ](*,)

This pregnancy is going to be the death of me lol

I'm now on a strict diet

Yes I always have to pee mostly at night. During the day I'm so busy at work it just kind of gets forgotten about until I'm bursting.

My recent issue is headaches and migraines. On days where my agenda is full by 4/5 pm I feel the headache start and then almost immediately I start to vomit. This continues until it's a splitting migraine and I need to go to bed. Nothing helps (mainly because I can't keep medication down to try and help) and I've noticed a direct correlation between days when I forget to take my nausea meds before sleep the day before.

Is anyone else struggling with their thyroid? I have an auto immune disease and the pregnancy is straining my thyroid. It was perfect for about a year without meds before baby but now it's back over 5 and I'm always tired. My doctor started me on a small dose of levothyroxine but my last check showed the tsh went up and not down so they've tripled my dose. hope that does the trick....it's my normal dose really when my thyroid creeps to the hypo stage.

Sorry you failed the glucose test shorty!! I think mine is in about 6 weeks. Maybe a little less.

Yes I always have to pee mostly at night. During the day I'm so busy at work it just kind of gets forgotten about until I'm bursting.

My recent issue is headaches and migraines. On days where my agenda is full by 4/5 pm I feel the headache start and then almost immediately I start to vomit. This continues until it's a splitting migraine and I need to go to bed. Nothing helps (mainly because I can't keep medication down to try and help) and I've noticed a direct correlation between days when I forget to take my nausea meds before sleep the day before.

Is anyone else struggling with their thyroid? I have an auto immune disease and the pregnancy is straining my thyroid. It was perfect for about a year without meds before baby but now it's back over 5 and I'm always tired. My doctor started me on a small dose of levothyroxine but my last check showed the tsh went up and not down so they've tripled my dose. hope that does the trick....it's my normal dose really when my thyroid creeps to the hypo stage.

Sorry you failed the glucose test shorty!! I think mine is in about 6 weeks. Maybe a little less.

It wasn't even a glucose test lol just a fasting and then I had to eat toast and drink tea and I failed it..

Hi ladies

My midwife whent into a bit more detail today and now I'm even more worried.
She said the medication they put me on is not a cure and there is no cure. The only cure is to get baby out.
She said all the meds do is take the bile acid levels back down to a more stable level but it dont always work.
I asked her out rite about my babies welfare and she said she can not tell me that I wont have a stillbirth because she doesn't no the outcome but that they know i have the condition and they will do what they can.
She said he will definitely be born premature and will need to be looked after in the NICU or SCBU.
She said that it normoly doesn't start until much later on in the 3rd trimester but sadly sometimes it does happen earlier.
She has recommended i have counselling because this is going to be a very stressful and worrying.
She said they will try and get me as far as possible but that I wont get to where i wanted to. I was hoping to get to 37 weeks this time but that wont happen he will be born b4 that gestation. I said to her i really dont want him coming b4 30 weeks but she said I cant promise u anything it all depends on how these meds work with me.

I have a bloodtest on the 31st may and I see the high risk pregnancy consultant on 4th June and she will be able to tell me my results and hopefully the medication wud of taken my bile acid levels back down to a more stable level.
She also said that I will have regular scans.

The itching has settled down alot so I'm hoping that means the medication is working.
I guess I just have to wait now until the 4th of June and see what my consultant says.

I hate being in this limbo and the unknown. I'm trying to stay positive but it's so hard. I've been trying to keep busy but I keep crying.

I've looked on YouTube and I cant find any videos or anything on Google of ladies having this as early as I am. Everywhere I look it's all to do with the 3rd trimester. But I'm no where near that.
She said all I can do is take each day as it comes and hope.

She listened to his HB and said its healthy and that he is very active.
I just wish I cud fast forward the next 2 months. But I know I cant and I just have to deal with this.

I just feel so helpless and that is totally out of my control. Not knowing if my baby is going to live is killing me.
I'm so sorry to burden u all with my problems but I just dont have anyone i can turn to.
My husband has been staying away from me because I keep crying and I feel so alone.

Oh @Suggerhoney wish I could give you a big hug :hugs:

I'm so sorry you are going through the unknown and that the doc couldn't give you the answer you want.

Hopefully these meds do work untill baby is abit more mature..

Did they talk about steroids injections to get the baby's lungs ready? If they are going to be delivering earlier x

I really don't know what to say but I'm so sorry you feel alone but we are all here for you x feel free to message me on fb at any time x

So sorry Sugger, I can’t imagine how stressful this must be for you. How are you feeling now that you’ve started the medication? Do you think it’s helping?

My first pregnancy we had a scare at 27 weeks and thought we would have to deliver - all the nurses were so positive though and I knew another couple who did deliver at 27 weeks and they have a healthy 1 year old now. The technology that exists now is amazing, I’ve heard of a baby born at 22 weeks who survived. I know it’s impossible but I hope you can try and take your mind off of it and get lots of rest. We’re thinking of you!

Oh @Suggerhoney wish I could give you a big hug :hugs:

I'm so sorry you are going through the unknown and that the doc couldn't give you the answer you want.

Hopefully these meds do work untill baby is abit more mature..

Did they talk about steroids injections to get the baby's lungs ready? If they are going to be delivering earlier x

I really don't know what to say but I'm so sorry you feel alone but we are all here for you x feel free to message me on fb at any time x

Thank you sweety.
Yeah I will have to have the steroid injections to mature his lungs faster I will know more about when I'll have to have them when I see my high risk pregnancy consultant on 4th June. I will have more of a plan than because it's only my high risk pregnancy consultant that can make future plans. So I've just got to wait till the 4th June and I shud have a plan of action and know more.
Thank you so much for ure support hon. I'm just trying to stay busy and watch funny stuff on TV. Hopefully I will get as far as possible and little man will he just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->