October bumpkins 2019

It's like we are going back in time.. so sad to see what is happening in Alabama.. but I can't talk.. Ireland only legalised abortion in Oct.. you would get more years for having an abortion in Ireland than murder... if you needed an abortion in Ireland even after been raped or medical needed you would still have to travel to the UK or buy tablets through the black market... it was horrific not been in charge of your own body... some woman that where told there baby wouldn't survive outside the womb where still made to carry on with the pregnancy till the baby died naturally.. I'm ashamed that this was my country but we repealed and it won with a landslide. Abortion is allowed only up to 12 weeks non medical.. medical is based on your right and what the doc recommend

LOL no need to hide!! Everyone is entitled to their opinion!
It's a very emotive subject, and I have found it is difficult to get facts and figures to form an opinion as a lot of the information out there is skewed to reflect the opinion of the writer. I honestly believe that there are very few people who would actually CHOOSE to terminate after 1st tri, unless it was for medical reasons, and I think the UK's laws (not including N.Ireland) are sufficient with the cut off being 23weeks6days. the heartbeat bill means that there is such a tiny window of time available to do anything about it, bareing in mind most women don't know they are pregnant until after 4 weeks, and heartbeats can be detected as soon as 5 weeks and a couple of days. In that week period, they would have to get their head around the situation, very quickly decide what they want to do, find a doctor who is willing to do it, and get booked in to complete the procedure. Rushing it like that is surely going to lead to people regretting their decision because they didn't have time to think it through properly.
Sorry about the ramble, been thinking about this a lot today!x

I can agree with you, to me there’s not much logic in saying you have to wait for the heartbeat to appear, as assuming it’s a healthy baby there would have eventually been a heartbeat even if you terminated earlier. It’s like they’re basing logic on a technicality, and it’s true that women are going to be more likely to make a decision they won’t be happy with if they don’t have enough time to decide. Either allow it or don’t, but the 6 week rule doesn’t make sense as the baby would have developed a heartbeat even if you terminate at 4 or 5 weeks. Hopefully that makes sense haha

It's like we are going back in time.. so sad to see what is happening in Alabama.. but I can't talk.. Ireland only legalised abortion in Oct.. you would get more years for having an abortion in Ireland than murder... if you needed an abortion in Ireland even after been raped or medical needed you would still have to travel to the UK or buy tablets through the black market... it was horrific not been in charge of your own body... some woman that where told there baby wouldn't survive outside the womb where still made to carry on with the pregnancy till the baby died naturally.. I'm ashamed that this was my country but we repealed and it won with a landslide. Abortion is allowed only up to 12 weeks non medical.. medical is based on your right and what the doc recommend
It's still illegal up north here it's ridiculous! Not that I would ever personally get one but I believe in choice.

Can't escape this topic anywhere right now.

The issue with rape or incest abortion is that majority of these claims are not always accompanied by a police report. You can't prosecute a pervert or rapist without evidence and if you abort the baby testing dna is a definitive answer to the question of pregnancy induced by rape or incest. If there was a rule about it requiring a police report and dna testing to prove then I could see that being productive.

I don't believe abortion is the answer for a woman or man's failure to use proper precaution or birth control.

I don't believe abortion is the answer for what some doctors would claim is an unviable pregnancy post 26 weeks. Our bodies are strange, women have stillbirths and babies that are not able to survive outside the womb all the time. Is it hard? You bet. But I will use this example: some women have their babies miscarried naturally and under chromosome testing they find out the baby had Turner's syndrome. But Turner's is a compatible with life chromosome abnormality so who is really to say what babies are viable and aren't? Only your body can naturally select that. A medical professional can guide you and give you the odds but they cannot say with complete certainty (in most cases) if that baby has a chance at life.

What this really boils down to for me, the way I see it, is if babies are wanted any longer after a severe (or sometimes mild) diagnosis is made. It has nothing to do with life, viability, or anything else. It has to do with if the baby is wanted. And no one can tell a woman or man to want a child.

It's sad but true. It's sad to me countries like Iceland want to eliminate down syndrome. I know several downs people who have touched my heart in so many ways and are so successful and are living an almost normal life. My life would not be the same without knowing these people with downs and it comes down to some women are not ready to be a mother to a special needs child. Does this mean the child shouldnt be given a life and chance to survive? To me, no. But I don't speak for everyone and while I haven't been in the shoes of women who have had to make that choice I did carry around my already deceased baby boy for 2.5 weeks while waiting for a natural miscarriage and it was absolute torture. I am forever grateful for the opportunity to have a d&e which is an abortion (it's the same procedure).

This is such a diverse topic and its not up to you or me to decide what's best for each woman in her own circumstance.

That's what's so sad about these new proposed laws. There should be no laws regarding abortion. It's a medical procedure that should be discussed between you and your doctor. And it shouldn't be about the mother. It should be about the baby. And I agree with whoever wrote about reforming the laws for adoption (sorry I forgot while writing this all on my soap box). If it wasn't so costly and required all kinds of red tape, more women might be willing to carry to term and give their babies the life they deserve to be given rather than ending a life simply because that baby is no longer wanted. People are not like dogs or cats, you can't just decide you don't want them anymore.

#endrant

Can't escape this topic anywhere right now.

The issue with rape or incest abortion is that majority of these claims are not always accompanied by a police report. You can't prosecute a pervert or rapist without evidence and if you abort the baby testing dna is a definitive answer to the question of pregnancy induced by rape or incest. If there was a rule about it requiring a police report and dna testing to prove then I could see that being productive.

I don't believe abortion is the answer for a woman or man's failure to use proper precaution or birth control.

I don't believe abortion is the answer for what some doctors would claim is an unviable pregnancy post 26 weeks. Our bodies are strange, women have stillbirths and babies that are not able to survive outside the womb all the time. Is it hard? You bet. But I will use this example: some women have their babies miscarried naturally and under chromosome testing they find out the baby had Turner's syndrome. But Turner's is a compatible with life chromosome abnormality so who is really to say what babies are viable and aren't? Only your body can naturally select that. A medical professional can guide you and give you the odds but they cannot say with complete certainty (in most cases) if that baby has a chance at life.

What this really boils down to for me, the way I see it, is if babies are wanted any longer after a severe (or sometimes mild) diagnosis is made. It has nothing to do with life, viability, or anything else. It has to do with if the baby is wanted. And no one can tell a woman or man to want a child.

It's sad but true. It's sad to me countries like Iceland want to eliminate down syndrome. I know several downs people who have touched my heart in so many ways and are so successful and are living an almost normal life. My life would not be the same without knowing these people with downs and it comes down to some women are not ready to be a mother to a special needs child. Does this mean the child shouldnt be given a life and chance to survive? To me, no. But I don't speak for everyone and while I haven't been in the shoes of women who have had to make that choice I did carry around my already deceased baby boy for 2.5 weeks while waiting for a natural miscarriage and it was absolute torture. I am forever grateful for the opportunity to have a d&e which is an abortion (it's the same procedure).

This is such a diverse topic and its not up to you or me to decide what's best for each woman in her own circumstance.

That's what's so sad about these new proposed laws. There should be no laws regarding abortion. It's a medical procedure that should be discussed between you and your doctor. And it shouldn't be about the mother. It should be about the baby. And I agree with whoever wrote about reforming the laws for adoption (sorry I forgot while writing this all on my soap box). If it wasn't so costly and required all kinds of red tape, more women might be willing to carry to term and give their babies the life they deserve to be given rather than ending a life simply because that baby is no longer wanted. People are not like dogs or cats, you can't just decide you don't want them anymore.

#endrant

I don’t think we will all agree on this topic so we should probably park it and get back to talking about our babies which luckily... are very much wanted and we have the capacity to care for

Ladies... I felt a kick from the outside :happydance::headspin::dance: I was lying in bed listening to my new fav song (I don't care Justin bieber and ed sheeran) and baby gave a kick to my left side where i had my hand..

I'm so in love :cloud9:

That's amazing!! Congrats :) I'm still not really feeling much at all and I'm 19 weeks on Sunday! I can't wait for a big kick!

Ladies... I felt a kick from the outside :happydance::headspin::dance: I was lying in bed listening to my new fav song (I don't care Justin bieber and ed sheeran) and baby gave a kick to my left side where i had my hand..

I'm so in love :cloud9:

I love that song! I’m such a big bieber fan lol! Amazing that you have felt baby from the outside :) I’m only just able to feel little flutters from the inside. Bloody anterior placenta lol, I had the same with my son aswell!!! X

I'm a huge ed sheeran fan.. he could sing Mary had a little lamb and it would be a number one song lol.. both my girls love ed sheeran cause that is all I listened too when pregnant with them lol x

Baby has another concert next week.. spice girls!!! im so excited to see them.. wish I could drink but sure I can dance and remember the concert lol x

Haha aww! I love ed too, he’s lovely isn’t he! Oh I have a few friends going to see spice girls, I did like them back in the day, but I was more of a bewitched kinda girl haha! I’m seeing Ariana Grande in sept and il be 37 weeks pregnant.... wish me luck lol! Xx

Haha aww! I love ed too, he’s lovely isn’t he! Oh I have a few friends going to see spice girls, I did like them back in the day, but I was more of a bewitched kinda girl haha! I’m seeing Ariana Grande in sept and il be 37 weeks pregnant.... wish me luck lol! Xx

Would love to see ariana I say her concert would be amazing.. you never know the vibrations might jump start your labour lol. Hopefully after the concert tho lol.

I have back street boys in june and westlife in July.. 90s fan girl life been made with all the 90s bands concerts lol.

I have been to see boyzone and take that at the start of this year lol

T-14hours to big scan :|

I guess I am going to be the first one in the group to have the anatomy scan..

Pretty nervous but trying to not think about it

Best of luck.. think one or two had theirs last week.

Hope everything goes well..are you going to find out?

Best of luck.. think one or two had theirs last week.

Hope everything goes well..are you going to find out?

Not finding out the gender.. so it's going to be a surprise till we birth :)

There r so many things which can go up & down..and my last scan had some slight issues.. let's hope they would not have worsened, if not improved

I had mine on Tuesday and was very anxious about it, thankfully all was well. Good luck with your scan x

Hi ladies
I felt some Kicks from the outside and hubby has felt baby moving to:yipee:
The kicks are not strong but u can sometimes feel it from the outside. I am 19 weeks now I cant believe it.

Have my hospital appointment tommorow to see my liver professor and have some bloods done.
Please keep ure fingers crossed ladies that I get some much needed good news and that the medication for the cholestasis is working abs the bile acid levels have come right down.

Cant believe how much i can feel baby now. He is so active which is really reassuring and hubby feeling him for the very first time yesterday was just such a magical moment.

Just pray little man keeps growing and thriving.
I'm really scared about how premature he may be and how tiny he will be.

I really hope I can make it to 35 weeks.

Even tho I'm having bloods done tommorow I wont get the results until next week but as I'm seeing the liver transplant professor i will be asking him lots of questions and I'm just hoping he can put my mind at some much needed rest.

[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<

Hi ladies
I felt some Kicks from the outside and hubby has felt baby moving to:yipee:
The kicks are not strong but u can sometimes feel it from the outside. I am 19 weeks now I cant believe it.

Have my hospital appointment tommorow to see my liver professor and have some bloods done.
Please keep ure fingers crossed ladies that I get some much needed good news and that the medication for the cholestasis is working abs the bile acid levels have come right down.

Cant believe how much i can feel baby now. He is so active which is really reassuring and hubby feeling him for the very first time yesterday was just such a magical moment.

Just pray little man keeps growing and thriving.
I'm really scared about how premature he may be and how tiny he will be.

I really hope I can make it to 35 weeks.

Even tho I'm having bloods done tommorow I wont get the results until next week but as I'm seeing the liver transplant professor i will be asking him lots of questions and I'm just hoping he can put my mind at some much needed rest.

[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<

Keeping you and baby in my thoughts and hope that your levels have decreased.

Yay for hubby feeling movements xxx

Not finding out the gender.. so it's going to be a surprise till we birth :)

There r so many things which can go up & down..and my last scan had some slight issues.. let's hope they would not have worsened, if not improved

Good luck with ure scan hon. I still have another 13 days to wait until mine and I'm so nervous about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->