• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

October/November Conkers 2021***

@Catmumof4 ah hun! Hugs! Sometimes you have to do these things. Maybe taking it to have a breather and a moment to collect yourself is what you need right now. Pregnancy can be a tough old ride and then with hormones on top of that! We are always here for you to vent! Don’t punish yourself… baby girl will be fine.

@Catmumof4 aaaaw so sorry you not feeling well but I agree you can take what you need just to have a break. After all baby girl needs you to be strong for the remaining weeks, you were just refuelling and she will be just fine.

I have been hit by exhaustion out of nowhere, wondering if I got perked up by the infusion and then baby took all the iron again. I have another 2 weeks till I have more bloods done to see what it’s doing.

@Mummy2Corban ivbeen told they will contact me if I have it but no idea when that will be! I forgot to ask

@Reiko_ctu ivnever had it is there a way of telling without blood monitors? If that makes sense? I'm so sorry your having a crappy day! It must be hard your mum wanting to help but not really being able to- she can come clean my house if she wants, with me being so ill my amazing partner has picked up the slack and is pretty much doing everything with the kids and sorting the house when he gets 2 mins. I'm trying to do what I can but it just isn't enough and the house is starting to look like a shit tip!!
Had a sleep when I got home and after kidswere in bed had a bath but when I got out it all just got on top of me- how much pain I'm in the fibro the itching and how much longer I've got left 11-13 weeks of this I just broke Down. Normally I'm strong and my poor partner didn't know what to do so I rang my mum and she helped soothe it a little but the reality is I feel so so down atm. I gave in and took some of the morphine because I just needed a break and then I feel guilty but i can feel her kicking away and I said out loud how much I love her and I'm sorry to have to do that to her. I hope she forgives me. Sorry for the long post I just needed to vent to you lovely people
Well there are symptoms but some people don’t feel anything at all. I feel so tired and just a bit nauseous if I have high blood sugar. Likely with all the babies you’ve had if you’ve had it in the past you would’ve had trouble with big babies! I’m sure you’ll pass so don’t worry!! If by some fluke you don’t then I can give you some meal tips - the GD diet the nutritionists recommend so crap and doesn’t work. New research is needed!

@Skye75 oh that happens a lot. I’m family lawyer and had a boss who used to have to call that letting them fall on their own sword. Especially when it’s obvious dad can’t live up to the fuss they making.

I’m sure an elopement will be beautiful still. Know couple of people who’ve done that especially this Covid season and actually loved it.

yay for scan. Are the older ones excited about baby?

@daniyaaq well that saying makes a lot of sense, that's exactly what happened! now he just get on facebook and slanders the hell out of me with his partner claiming this and that. I've got them all blocked on socials, and only converse with his partner about the kids because he can't be trusted to communicate with me without carrying on like a prize pig. Mind you we've been split for 4 years this October. He is upset about paying child support, that is the main reason for him trying for custody and now he is extremely pissed off because he's stuck paying what he's paying. He's only started paying it for a year and a half when I lodged the claim. Ugh.

My other two are excited about baby and happy that it's a boy, my mother in law however isn't as pleased about it being a boy lol she has 8 grandkids and only one is a girl lol.

@Catmumof4 That sucks!! court is so stressful at the best of times, let alone when you can't get representation. I hope it all goes well for you x

Thank you so much everyone for your support I feel a tiny bit better today, I managed a little sleep last night and have managed just with my cocodamol so far. My partner just told me to get a nap because it's my daughter's walk around her new school this evening which I want to be my best for! Mazikeen is kicking away today feels like she is trying to reassure me cos she never really kicks during the day :lol:

@Reiko_ctu thanks for the support I hope I won't have it because I'm awful with food if I don't like something I usually just won't have it!!

@Skye75 wow what a douche! My ex pays nothing, still claims the child benefit for my son even tho he is living with me and says he has no phone for contact. I haven't heard from the court in 5 weeks. It's so hard atm because all court hearings are via telephone then u wait for an email with the details well iv had no email! So I have to call them but it is making my anxiety soo bad I keep putting it off then moaning at myself for being such a pansy!!

@Skye75 even so it still sucks you have to be dragged through it with virtually no compensation for your lost time energy or money. That’s the downside of it all I think. The system needs to do more to compensate reasonable parties and punish those wasting everyone’s time and money.

Was DP birthday and organised a nice special dinner at my friend restaurant. I’m glad I was well enough to go but my stomach grew so much tonight. Anyone else feel like maternity pants/skirts that go over the bump suffocate? I love my tiny bump free and unrestricted

Had my 25 week midwife appointment today, nothing exciting lol, I did manage to get a pack of 4 nubby bottles with dummy in b&m today reduced to 4 pounds x

@daniyaaq i can’t say I’m a fan of things being to tight round bump. I still wear normal leggings that sit under bump.

@playgirl666 well that’s another appointment ticked off the list. What a bargain! Don’t you just love finding a bargain!

@daniyaaq i bought 2 flowy calf length dresses I’ve been living in. Still have some shorts and tops that are tight on the bump but they’re my 2nd choice to the dresses, so much more comfy on the bump.

I’m feeling much better after a grocery shop last night where I stocked up on healthy carbs and also some low carb snacks like nuts that I can eat at any point. But I’m still so wiped from our vacation. It’s so hard being the mom, you’re still responsible for everything even when you’re away XD. I know DH enjoyed some down time and had very good sleeps at the hotel so that’s good.

Today is our Canadian holiday Canada day, but it is a bit tainted this year as they’ve recently found probably over 1000 graves of indiginous people’s (natives) children whom the government forced away from their families into catholic run schools where they were abused and murdered, all around Canada. So everyone is kind of mourning our past and not super wanting to celebrate what a great country we are… it’s horrible to sit and think about it honestly.

anyways we are not celebrating today. DH went to work and I’m still in bed at 10am and who knows what the kids have done to the house by now. We need to clean out under miss 8’s loft bed and move a mattress under there for miss 3 to move into her room. And then the baby will move in with miss 5 when she’s 6 months. Miss 3 and 5 have been sharing for a few years and now they are just at each other’s throats so even though we don’t need to make a change for baby until April likely I am doing it now in hopes it will make life a bit easier!!

So I need to catch up on the rest of the thread.

I passed the gtt so I don't have gestational diabetes.
Only unfortunate thing is I have to go back up the hospital tomorrow to have my liver function and bile acid levels done again because yesterday's was clotted.
So just need to have them 2 done again but I'm happy I passed the glucose test. I don't think I cud of handled having gestational diabetes as well as possible ICP.

I had another restless night of itching.
The piriton didn't help at all.
I had to keep applying the menthol cream buy even that only works for so long.

Spd is bad today I feeling like someone has kicked me in the pubic bone. Also my tail bone is sore and my hips and pelvis.

New all the aches and pains were gonna rear there ugly head sooner or later.
Kind of willing September to hurry up tbh.

So I need to catch up on the rest of the thread.

I passed the gtt so I don't have gestational diabetes.
Only unfortunate thing is I have to go back up the hospital tomorrow to have my liver function and bile acid levels done again because yesterday's was clotted.
So just need to have them 2 done again but I'm happy I passed the glucose test. I don't think I cud of handled having gestational diabetes as well as possible ICP.

I had another restless night of itching.
The piriton didn't help at all.
I had to keep applying the menthol cream buy even that only works for so long.

Spd is bad today I feeling like someone has kicked me in the pubic bone. Also my tail bone is sore and my hips and pelvis.

New all the aches and pains were gonna rear there ugly head sooner or later.
Kind of willing September to hurry up tbh.
That’s such great news about your glucose test.

So sorry about the liver test! Is that just routine because of your transplant or is it to show that you can icp?

I’m so sorry about the itching and the spd. Mine is bad too but only when I’m trying to sleep of course. During the day it’s manageable. But the duration of the pregnancy filled with aches and pains and others (itching for you, blood sugar issues for me) etc is definitely going to make it a stretch to get to the end. Keep your chin up, hopefully it goes quickly xx

Thank you so much everyone for your support I feel a tiny bit better today, I managed a little sleep last night and have managed just with my cocodamol so far. My partner just told me to get a nap because it's my daughter's walk around her new school this evening which I want to be my best for! Mazikeen is kicking away today feels like she is trying to reassure me cos she never really kicks during the day :lol:

@Reiko_ctu thanks for the support I hope I won't have it because I'm awful with food if I don't like something I usually just won't have it!!

@Skye75 wow what a douche! My ex pays nothing, still claims the child benefit for my son even tho he is living with me and says he has no phone for contact. I haven't heard from the court in 5 weeks. It's so hard atm because all court hearings are via telephone then u wait for an email with the details well iv had no email! So I have to call them but it is making my anxiety soo bad I keep putting it off then moaning at myself for being such a pansy!!
Yes I’m very much hoping you pass your GtT, I honestly wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy especially while pregnant. The hormones make it hard to just manage the emotional side of dealing with it let alone the physical side.

@Reiko_ctu
I really hope u do not have gestational diabetes hon and u pass the gtt.
I don't really know what the symptoms are for it because I've never had it. They test me because of medication I'm on and that puts me at a high risk of getting it.
When I had the phone call I panicked because I thought it was to tell me I had failed the gtt. So I was relieved when she told me I had passed that but needed some more bloods done for the liver function and bile levels.
I'm sorry u have had it in the past hon.

@Catmumof4
Ahhh sweet please don't beat urself up. I'm having alot of pain in my public bone and tail bone and all around my pelvis and left hip and I take codiene.
It makes me feel guilty when I take it but it's all I'm aloud for pain.
I need to start cutting down but it's so hard when ure in pain. My whole heart goes out to you hon.
Hope the next 11 weeks fly. I have 10 more weeks and when ure in pain and itching so badly it feels like forever.

That’s such great news about your glucose test.

So sorry about the liver test! Is that just routine because of your transplant or is it to show that you can icp?

I’m so sorry about the itching and the spd. Mine is bad too but only when I’m trying to sleep of course. During the day it’s manageable. But the duration of the pregnancy filled with aches and pains and others (itching for you, blood sugar issues for me) etc is definitely going to make it a stretch to get to the end. Keep your chin up, hopefully it goes quickly xx

Thank you hon.
Yeah the reason I'm having bloods done is to check for ICP. But because I had a liver transplant they like to keep and eye on that as well.
But because of the suspected icp I will have to have extra bloodtests. If it is ICP then I will probably have to have bloods done once a week or once a fortnight depending how bad it is.

Hopefully if I do have it my bile levels are not to high because I'm still way to early to be induced.
I had to have my dd at 35+4 wks because I had ICP and pre eclampsia.
And with DS I had ICP and was induced at 37+3 weeks.

They are definitely inducing me at 37 to 38 weeks with this one even if its not icp. I can't got to the end because of my transplant scar and the pressure a larger baby wud put on my liver.

Babies are ful term from 37 weeks, I think the only thing that happens those last 3 weeks is baby putting on more weight. But there fully formed by 37 weeks.

Dh is still so sure I'm gonna have baby end of August. I mean it is a possibility esp if I do have ICP again and my levels get too high. I will be 36 weeks at the end of August so I wudnt mind if they induced me then.
But hoping it won't be any earlier than that and hopefully no later than 37 weeks.
I know they want me to get to as close to 38 wks as possible but I can't go on that long with this horrible itching.

I'm scratching so bad I'm making myself bleed and of coasre it's always worse at night :-(

@Reiko_ctu
I really hope u do not have gestational diabetes hon and u pass the gtt.
I don't really know what the symptoms are for it because I've never had it. They test me because of medication I'm on and that puts me at a high risk of getting it.
When I had the phone call I panicked because I thought it was to tell me I had failed the gtt. So I was relieved when she told me I had passed that but needed some more bloods done for the liver function and bile levels.
I'm sorry u have had it in the past hon.

@Catmumof4
Ahhh sweet please don't beat urself up. I'm having alot of pain in my public bone and tail bone and all around my pelvis and left hip and I take codiene.
It makes me feel guilty when I take it but it's all I'm aloud for pain.
I need to start cutting down but it's so hard when ure in pain. My whole heart goes out to you hon.
Hope the next 11 weeks fly. I have 10 more weeks and when ure in pain and itching so badly it feels like forever.
Oh no I know I already have it. No chance I will pass the test. I have had it three times already and I monitor at home until my levels start going up then I go for the test to qualify for the program but I don’t really need it because I can manage it all on my own.

After taking 75g of straight glucose I will surely Have a level of 11+ at a 1 hr reading and 9+ at 2.

So my diet is keeping to about 30g of carbs each meal or snack and making them whole grain, high fibre. If I eat anything refined like white bread or crackers even if I keep it low carbs it will make my blood sugar too high at this point! 17 more weeks to go lol!!

It does suck having GD I had it with my youngest which unfortunately turned into type 1 after she was born :( anything I eat spikes me even healthy stuff, I'm on insulin everytime I eat and a dose before bed, being pregnant does make it so much harder to get under control x

@Suggerhoney Thank u so much it's a battle with pain so it's nice to have someone else that understands (not good u have pain if that makes any sense!!) I can't reduce the codeine amount too much so after baby is born I have to stay in 3-4 days for checks to make sure Mazikeen doesn't have withdrawal!

@Reiko_ctu when u put how you have to have so many grams of this and that I just know I would suck so so bad at gestational diabetes!!

@playgirl666 sorry it has turned into type1! That must be so hard!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->