• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

October/November Conkers 2021***

What are you needing?

I’ve washed and sorted all my newborn and 0-3 month clothes and given some to the thrift store/my sister because I can’t believe how much I had. Absolutely silly. Got paci’s and a baby bouncer, so just need swaddles and burp cloths still. I can’t decide whether to get a few nice ones or ask my friends to borrow theirs since it’s last baby!

has anyone seen those zip up swaddles that have the baby arms up? I’m interested in one of those. I never swaddle my babies for long though, only a few weeks.

Wasn’t going to get a car seat but I decided to as the one I have wouldn’t last me till baby can use a booster. Also need blankets and clothes. Literally have no boy clothes, only kept 2 special blankets after DD2 so need a few more. Still going back and forth about a change table/bath - I would want one that’s a combo otherwise get a chance basket only.

think that’s the main important things plus baby care things.

Wasn’t going to get a car seat but I decided to as the one I have wouldn’t last me till baby can use a booster. Also need blankets and clothes. Literally have no boy clothes, only kept 2 special blankets after DD2 so need a few more. Still going back and forth about a change table/bath - I would want one that’s a combo otherwise get a chance basket only.

think that’s the main important things plus baby care things.
Yes realistically you should get those things, you may only have 6 weeks! Can you order all that stuff in lockdown? I read something like even delivery is only essential items.

I need a push to order online. I really would prefer to buy in store but probably unlikely.

@Reiko_ctu my babies have ranged from 8lb 2oz to 8lb 15 iz so I just expect this baby to be another 8lber! I have seeen those swaddles with the little arm bits. They look very sweet. I’ve never swaddled as our babies usually sleep in with us so I feel they may get to hot snuggle up to me being swaddled.

I use muslin squares and I still had some left over from Cooper and Huxley so I just bought one new packet.

Yes realistically you should get those things, you may only have 6 weeks! Can you order all that stuff in lockdown? I read something like even delivery is only essential items.
lol saw my midwife today and said I may only have 5 weeks, like I get I’m unusually sick but surely they wouldn’t induce at 36 weeks right. Bub measurements all below 50th percentile mostly 23rd percentile and some 8th. BP still creeping. Was already scheduled to see OB tomorrow so she didn’t really do much than regular check, fundal still measuring 2weeks behind.

@daniyaaq will they give you some more growth scans to see what’s going on with him? I guess they could induce at 36 if they were very concerned??! 5 weeks you’d be around the same time as me if they did!

We have bearly bought anything as we had it all already. Its been a bit boring. Just got a going home out fit and a few new baby grows. We are well stocked up on size 1 Nappies now though as been buying some each week. Will start on size 2 now.

@daniyaaq will they give you some more growth scans to see what’s going on with him? I guess they could induce at 36 if they were very concerned??! 5 weeks you’d be around the same time as me if they did!

It seems like if there’s serious concerns for baby health I can see 36 being ok but so far I honestly think I’m just sick. Personally don’t believe baby is that small, plus looks like he’s still growing so it hasn’t stalled. i definitely think I’ll get more growth scans, they typically do every fortnight.

I’d be more comfortable with an induction at 37 for Bub sake.

We have bearly bought anything as we had it all already. Its been a bit boring. Just got a going home out fit and a few new baby grows. We are well stocked up on size 1 Nappies now though as been buying some each week. Will start on size 2 now.

you had the right idea. I actually had thought of buying bits and pieces each pay but everything happened and I just couldn’t be bothered. Now I’m going to be running around like a headless chicken :rofl:

@daniyaaq well if his still growing then yes hanging in to 37 weeks is definitely worth waiting for just so his a bit more ready! I got a crib and bouncer from Amazon as it was to cheap not to and the same as the pushchair it was too cheap not to. I’ve just gotten a few sleepsuits and bodysuits in up to a month and then a bit more in 0-3 months. Oh I got a few new blankets too.

@topazicatzbet that’s why we found out what flavour baby was so it was a bit different. With my others I only bought a few bits so as much as not knowing is exciting not much goes on while waiting. This time I’ve actually been able to buy things for the right sex! So it’s been a lovely experience.

go you on buying your nappies and stocking up. I got a few free newborn size ones so that’s all I have right now.

@topazicatzbet that’s why we found out what flavour baby was so it was a bit different. With my others I only bought a few bits so as much as not knowing is exciting not much goes on while waiting. This time I’ve actually been able to buy things for the right sex! So it’s been a lovely experience.

go you on buying your nappies and stocking up. I got a few free newborn size ones so that’s all I have right now.
We did it with ds3 and really helped spread the cost when you go through so many when they are little. At leastvds3 only wears them for bed now.

Thank you ladies. Feeling a more human today. Still sore but I know it will take time to heal. I have grazes down there but no tears.
Baby is doing great. I try to sleep when he does. He had me up at 11pm 2pm untilll 3pm and then was up again at 5am then slept till 8am.
We may be able to go home alot earlier than planed.
I really hope so because I can't see much of DH becuase he has to look after Tommy and take lilly and jj to school and pick them up.
Covid has made things so hard.
I feel so alone up here. I've really had to push past the pain and just get on with it. There so short staffed here.
So glad I was induced when I was and it was only a day later.
Other womon on the list were delayed 4 days and some more. Its just so hectic. Sections have been postponed too. Just so many womon having babies right now.

@Reiko_ctu haha oh gosh hon I definitely feel done I was scared I wudnt but I do. To traumatic too painful.
Feel complete.
Don't miss being pregnant one bit.

@Suggerhoney he is just beautiful! What a little poppet! Grazes are still so sore though! Must be so difficult not having the visitors and extra help. Sounds like you got induced at the right time if they are so busy. So glad his here and you haven’t had to wait. What have they said about you escaping earlier than planned? Hopefully if your both well enough to get out of there you’ll be better at home with the extra help?! Big hugs lovely lady xx

@topazicatzbet yeah I can see why people do it. My DS3 is in nappies and if I ask him to do a wee he does one but hasn’t quite got it on his own so I’m going to TRY if he will over the next few weeks so it’s one less nappy to change. If not I’ll try again once baby is a bit bigger.

@Suggerhoney Aww look at him, so glad your feeling better and fingers crossed for going home earlier than planned.. makes me excited for my time.. only 12 weeks to go haha

@daniyaaq Im glad I’m not only one who been putting off the shopping..only brought some outfits and new steriliser few weeks ago because DH was like let’s get something.. I want to shop so bad but keep putting it off

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->