October/November Conkers 2021***

Hi ladies.

I have been moved to a room of my own in the birthing centre and it's so nice. Free TV and a bug Dison fan so not feeling the heat thank God. Was very hot on ward yesterday.
Unfortunately I can't go home no because Harley needs 5 days of monitoring becuase of my meds.
He's doing really well his monitoring is all normol. We're on day 3 today so hopefully home no later than Friday.
The hot weather will be gone by then too so its prob best I'm in here while it's so hot.
I still haven't had a poo since giving birth so have alot of upper tummy pain. I'm only on one codeine tablet every 6 hours. Hopefully I can go soon and it will ease that pain.

Sorry to those still pregnant in this heat it's horrible.

@sil
Hope she keeps growing hon and can be born at a time which is safe.

@Catmumof4
Sorry ure partner is being a poo head.
Have u decided to go for induction now so u can have baby earlier?

@playgirl666
Hope u get ure date hon and hope its for when u want.

So the hospital is still manic. So many babies just been and being and about to be born. The poor staff are rushed off there feet.
Inductions and some elected sections still running behind so I'm glad I was done when I was even tho I had to wait a extra day and night.

Harley is really chilled and the midwifes keep saying how good he is and how cute he is haha. Only 3 days old and already getting the ladies attention hahaha:rofl:

I tried one of the first size baby grows on him and it absolutely swamped him. Way to big so I did right packing tiny baby.
Even that is a bit big on him but I'm glad beciase it means it will last for a while.
So hard to know what to pack for them when u don't know how big they will be.
But glad I guessed right.

Thank u ladies, I will update tomorrow, Im guessing he's gonna be around 5ib tomorrow, I really am struggling in this heat :( I can't sleep at night but hopefully it's gonna get cooler from tomorrow! Hope everyone else is OK x

@Suggerhoney fingers crossed for Friday, I only brought 3 outfits so far size 0-3 months, my DH thinks we should go smaller but I’m convinced I’m going to have a 9lb baby this time.. not sure why lol

@playgirl666 snap on not sleeping, heat and being uncomfortable, hope all goes well tomorrow

AFM - I’m just tired from the heat and not sleeping as just can’t get comfortable or I just randomly wake up every hour to wee or because i just don’t go into a deep sleep so every noise wakes me up so that’s been fun, also been getting bad like stretching/cramps that go through my stomach to bottom or my back just randomly happens

Hope you ladies all doing ok, sorry to anyone having a bad time the moment

@Catmumof4 im ok thanks lovely! Waddling like a proper preggo! Haha! Really feeling like I need a good nights sleep but I suppose that’s just a dream!!! How’s you? Things any better today with DH?
Things have been a bit better today thank God!! Haha women have sleepless nights before they have the baby, men don't know how easy they get it!!

Get my induction date tomorrow, I'm hoping and praying they will book me in tomorrow and do it around 37 weeks again, fingers crossed x
Fingers crossed for you hun!!!!

Yay for getting a date. @playgirl666

Well I know it's super hot but I have been working in a lovely area today. Can't complain too much when this is my view between visits.

View attachment 1101983
Oh that's gourgeous!! What a view!

@Suggerhoney I would prefer a section but if they say only if induction then I would take that reluctantly!
Glad he is so well behaved for you and you got such a wonderful room!

@Penguin20 sorry your so uncomfortable does a good bath or lie down help?

As for me I have my interview tomorrow and I'm soo nervous!! They said I should get my reviewed date tomorrow but I don't know! Its shocking how fast this has all come about and they're putting an emergency team together to do it so I don't have to worry about it getting cancelled or pushed. It's 4pm tomorrow so got allll day to worry

@Suggerhoney I would prefer a section but if they say only if induction then I would take that reluctantly!
Glad he is so well behaved for you and you got such a wonderful room!

@Penguin20 sorry your so uncomfortable does a good bath or lie down help?

As for me I have my interview tomorrow and I'm soo nervous!! They said I should get my reviewed date tomorrow but I don't know! Its shocking how fast this has all come about and they're putting an emergency team together to do it so I don't have to worry about it getting cancelled or pushed. It's 4pm tomorrow so got allll day to worry

Im not really a bath person, sometimes have one on the weekend which is nice but maybe try having one more regularly, laying down helps at the beginning but then I just get uncomfortable again

Hope all goes well for you tomorrow, I hope the day goes quick and 4pm comes round fast

Sorry haven’t read up ladies, just got back from mw.

BP is only 85/50 but she said nothing to be done but electrolyte drinks, but sugar free ones because of the GD of course.

bump is measuring on track if a tiny bit small so that makes me feel better about how big my belly looks!!

@Suggerhoney thats amazing you have your own room and a fan to yourself. Sorry you can’t go home yet but I guess it’s best to make sure all is ok. Hopefully just 2 days left. First poo is the worst!!!! Hopefully it’s not to bad when you do go. He sounds like a proper tiny little man! Super cute!

@playgirl666 eek! You get to see little man again. Another baby incoming very soon!

@Penguin20 im feeling you on the sleep department. So uncomfortable! Everything hurts and I swear this baby loves snuggling my bladder. Haha!

@Catmumof4 you know this!!! My DH doesn’t hear any of mine waking up! At least when baby is here you can get a bit comfier In bed! Late appointments suck! Sounds like they are really on the case. It’s good because you can’t go on like you are. 36 weeks tomorrow!!!!!!

@daniyaaq are you eating? I’m not gaining any weight but I probably only get 1500 calories a day in when I need more like 2000 :/. Between the nausea and heartburn and the crap feeling of low BP it’s likely just a calorie intake thing and baby is getting what he needs. Good luck for your scan though.

@topazicatzbet that is an absolutely gorgeous area! You guys have some beautiful places in the UK. Hope to travel there some day!

Harley has just been weighed and he was 7lb 3oz at birth and now he's only 6lb 6oz and there a bit worried..
Got someone coming to talk to me in a moment.

@Reiko_ctu yeah I’m probably not eating as much as I should. I’ll be glad if next scan shows baby is growing that be a relief. I can wait 5 more weeks

Harley has just been weighed and he was 7lb 3oz at birth and now he's only 6lb 6oz and there a bit worried..
Got someone coming to talk to me in a moment.
Aw I’m sorry. It can be normal for them to lost quite a bit of weight in the first few days before they start gaining again. My midwives always tell me to watch for enough pee and poo diapers most importantly! And your milks probably just coming in yesterday/now if you’re BF? I’m sure he’ll pick up weight this next week!!

Some idiot came to our small town from the city against the rules and now he’s tested positive. These people take things too easy, small towns have it hard, one trip to supermarket and you exposed the whole town, ](*,)

Aw I’m sorry. It can be normal for them to lost quite a bit of weight in the first few days before they start gaining again. My midwives always tell me to watch for enough pee and poo diapers most importantly! And your milks probably just coming in yesterday/now if you’re BF? I’m sure he’ll pick up weight this next week!!

I'm not breastfeeding hon. I can't because of my immunesuppresent medication.
So he Is formula fed.
Mine do normally lose a little bit but normoly only 2 or 3oz.
They said it may be a case that he just isn't a very hungry baby.
But we don't want him losing any more because that cud indicate a problem.
Just hoping he has gained a little bit when they weigh him next.
Not sure when that will be but I'm guessing tomorrow.
So fingers crossed he doesn't lose anymore.
He is so teeny I'm scared I'm gonna break him.
He's very chilled tho so thats good.
I don't know how this fares with us going home now. I guess if he puts on a bit then we can still go home as planed but if he loses anymore I can see us staying in all over the weekend.
The whole birthing centre is full now with post natal womon and babies so I don't know how that will work of any womon were planing to give birth here because its full. There's no room on the ward and now no room here. Delivery is absolutely choco block too it's madness.

App all hospitals are like this. Guess u have to expect it when there was a lockdown.
Inductions and planned sections are delayed. There only seeing people actually in labour or really serous emergencies it's absolutely bedlum. Never known it like this.

@Suggerhoney bless your tiny little man! Hopefully just a blip and he gains some weight?! I guess they will weigh him again soon to see what’s happening?! How are you feeling?

@playgirl666 lovely bump! Goodluck for your scan

@playgirl666
Ure so tiny hon. Hope ure scan goes well keep me posted.

@Mummy2Corban
There gonna weigh him again later tonight hon and providing he hasn't lost any more then he is fine and we will probably be going home tomorrow.

Took this just now. So in love and feeling so blessed. He's such a good baby.
20210909_081836.jpg

@Suggerhoney he is so yummy! Hopefully he will have put on by tonight so you can both go home tomorrow. Your pictures reminds me that I don’t have a teddy for this little man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->