October/November Conkers 2021***

Hey all @daniyaaq take it easy that last week! So nearly there mama Xx

@Reiko_ctu and dani I'm so sorry your both so sick must be making this end bit unbearable!!

@Mummy2Corban pregnancy hormones suck big time but o really hope ur little one has a great day!!

I actually slept really well during the night and woke up at 5.30am fingers crossed the day goes quick cos I'M HAVING A BABY TOMORROW EEEEEKKKKKK xx

@Reiko_ctu im not sure if anything has changed with covid but after delivery aslong as all is ok and baby has had its checks I’ve been out 4-6 hrs after delivery. So with most of mine I’ve been home for breakfast! Haha!
Yes I think the standard of care here is 24 hrs after your first baby, and 6 after 2nd or later… but honestly the nurses take so flipping long to discharge you I wanted it written so at least they know what we want. Maybe people are wanting to get our quicker with Covid so they’re used to it now… but when we had our 2nd it was kind of like, “whenever we get around to it” like no, I want to leave and don’t need you to show me how to do anything with my baby or check my car seat etc. I’ve done this a million times already lol.

@Reiko_ctu what you described is my biggest issue. I try wake up and get as much work stuff done before I eat because once I do nausea hits so badly. I been resisting taking ondansetron but I’m honestly going close to because the doxylamine and b6 aren’t doing nothing to this nausea.
Yeah and that’s why I’m hesitant to start the doxylamine again. I feel like it is useless. That’s the main reason. It helped in first tri but I also had zero responsibilities and laid in bed all day, plus was on a max dose of gravol. So I’m pretty sure it will not do what I would like
It to do without adding in those things. Do you have the ondansetron handy? Tbh it actually didn’t work for me when I tried it at 17 weeks but if it worked for you before you might as well try it? What’s your countdown to the earliest you might go do you think? My earliest would be 4 and a half weeks which is giving me some hope! But might be the full 6.5 :(

Yeah and that’s why I’m hesitant to start the doxylamine again. I feel like it is useless. That’s the main reason. It helped in first tri but I also had zero responsibilities and laid in bed all day, plus was on a max dose of gravol. So I’m pretty sure it will not do what I would like
It to do without adding in those things. Do you have the ondansetron handy? Tbh it actually didn’t work for me when I tried it at 17 weeks but if it worked for you before you might as well try it? What’s your countdown to the earliest you might go do you think? My earliest would be 4 and a half weeks which is giving me some hope! But might be the full 6.5 :(

I’m honestly not sure if ondansetron works at this point I just want to try. I’ve got a script haven’t filled it. I think 4 weeks too. I have a suspicion I could get induced at 37, if given the option I’ll definitely take it.

@Suggerhoney Look at him, he so tiny and glad he gained a little weight even if it slower.. hopefully he will get there

@Catmumof4 How exciting that tomorrow is the day, can’t wait to see pictures

@Mummy2Corban Good luck with DS2 first day of school,
I been feeling ok… insomnia and the aches and pain have really been getting to me this week but just getting on with it best I can, how you feeling ?

@Catmumof4 eeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkk!!!! I’m so excited for you!!!!!! One more sleep
And it’s baby time! Cannot wait to see a picture of your little lady!!!!

@Reiko_ctu im hoping if all is well I can get out quickly. My DH tends to keep asking how long it will be so we usually get out pretty quickly. Hoping with how your feeling that you’ve only 4 weeks to go.

@daniyaaq when’s your next appointment? I wouldn’t blame you for wanting an induction at 37 weeks if they offered. Not long left at work now! Bring on some chill time.

@topazicatzbet how was your first morning of maternity???

@Penguin20 insomnia sucks! I wish your body would actually let you get some sleep in the run up to having a baby! I’m with you in that boat!!!!

@Catmumof4 eeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkk!!!! I’m so excited for you!!!!!! One more sleep
And it’s baby time! Cannot wait to see a picture of your little lady!!!!

@Reiko_ctu im hoping if all is well I can get out quickly. My DH tends to keep asking how long it will be so we usually get out pretty quickly. Hoping with how your feeling that you’ve only 4 weeks to go.

@daniyaaq when’s your next appointment? I wouldn’t blame you for wanting an induction at 37 weeks if they offered. Not long left at work now! Bring on some chill time.

@topazicatzbet how was your first morning of maternity???

@Penguin20 insomnia sucks! I wish your body would actually let you get some sleep in the run up to having a baby! I’m with you in that boat!!!!
Haha I was up at 6.30 as I had to take the cat to the vet for a dental. Poor baby has a tumour on his lip too. I was hoping they could remove it too today but looks like I'm gonna have to take him back for another anaesthetic at some point. Now nervously waiting for the phone call to say its done and he is OK.

Thanks ladies I'm so excited but nervous for some reason my brain has been whispering doubts all day which sucks!! How the hell am I gonna cope with 7!!!! Will Bonnie be ok only being 11 months she won't understand where I have gone and then to come back with another baby! Will I get pushed to tomorrow Etc Etc Etc

@Mummy2Corban I’ve got to have blood taken Friday, scan Monday, midwife Tuesday and OB Wednesday. I’m in two minds about midwife, part of me wants to cancel her BUT I’m wanting to get cervical check for peace of mind, I been having very regular contractions and I’m pretty sure lost bit of my plug the last 2 days. The only person I really want looking down there is my midwife though. I was thinking of pushing her appointment to next week.

@topazicatzbet im sorry you’ve had to take your kitty to the vet! Hopefully he is ok!

@Catmumof4 isn’t that natural to worry though? Tomorrow is a big day so of course your going to worry. You’ll cope with 7 just like you have with 6! I know it’s a worry bringing home a baby when you’ve a little one. My DS is 2 but I keep worrying about him too. They usually adapt pretty quickly and I’m sure she will love having baby. Big hugs lovely!

@daniyaaq at least with a cervical check you’ll have an idea if these contractions are doing anything. Hopefully they are happy with little mans growth.

@Penguin20 unfortunately it only gets worse doesn’t it!!! No signs. But then the only signs I have previously are that I’m overdue!!! Hehe!

@Penguin20 unfortunately it only gets worse doesn’t it!!! No signs. But then the only signs I have previously are that I’m overdue!!! Hehe!

It does, I’m not even 30 weeks yet and feel like a right moaner, I love being pregnant and waited so long to get pregnant with my second but you do forget how hard pregnancy is and this one has definitely been more challenging than my first, and haha do you normally get induced or manage to go natural but overdue lol

@Penguin20 I love being pregnant too but it’s hard work! Specially surviving on next to no sleep. I’ve always been late and gone into labour on my own. Well with no.2 I had two sweeps and no.5 a sweep but that was because they though he was big. What about you?

@Penguin20 I love being pregnant too but it’s hard work! Specially surviving on next to no sleep. I’ve always been late and gone into labour on my own. Well with no.2 I had two sweeps and no.5 a sweep but that was because they though he was big. What about you?

Men don’t understand how easy they have it lol and for me I went into labour 2 days before my due date naturally, was like a movie water broke, contractions started 5 minutes later and 6 hours later she was born so quick labour for it being my first..hopefully it be the same again as was a straight forward labour other than not getting the break between contractions, so that was painful and tiring.. were your labours straight forward ?

I'm jealous of all these quick labours. My first 2 were both 20 and 22 hrs long from first contractions to being born. I'm glad I skipped that bit with the c section last time and get to skip it again although I have agreed that if I went in to labour early and presuming little man turns I would try a vbac if things were progressing OK.

Cats back from the vets minus 4 teeth and the lump on his lip and I'm out £800. :shock::shock::shock:

So much for saving up for mat leave

Hey lovely people, I have posted this on other chats on here but thought some of you ladies might know something about this…

I am 31 weeks pregnant and two nights ago found myself really itchy all over. I had a midwife appointment the next day so mentioned it and she did a blood test for ICP and whatever else it may of been testing for.

I just had the following message from my doctor -
Your recent blood test is essentially normal. One of the liver enzymes (ALP) is borderline (should be <130 and is 131) but the rest of the liver/bile tests are normal. I would like you to have one further blood test in around 1 weeks times to recheck the liver function to make sure this hasn't changed.

I was wondering if anyone else had ever had this and it ended up being icp? I read online that it can take a while for it to show in blood tests after itching begins and have only been itchy a couple of days so now wondering given the borderline ALP if it could be leading to it?

anyone any experience of raised alp and what it meant?

thanks! X

@topazicatzbet glad kitty is ok but ouch that's a lot of money!

@Penguin20 what a lovely textbook labour! I had similar just more hours with my first all my others were induced or had issues and ended in sections but I pray you have another quick one!

@Mummy2Corban how are you doing hun hope you get some sleep!

It's 7.46 here and had to come to bed, I think the nerves are starting to affect my fibro as all my muscles are hurting. I nearly got stuck in the bath my oh had to haul me out!! LMAO

So any guesses on weight? By the last scan she was 6lb 10 at 35 weeks and I will b 37 weeks exactly tomorrow x

Hey lovely people, I have posted this on other chats on here but thought some of you ladies might know something about this…

I am 31 weeks pregnant and two nights ago found myself really itchy all over. I had a midwife appointment the next day so mentioned it and she did a blood test for ICP and whatever else it may of been testing for.

I just had the following message from my doctor -
Your recent blood test is essentially normal. One of the liver enzymes (ALP) is borderline (should be <130 and is 131) but the rest of the liver/bile tests are normal. I would like you to have one further blood test in around 1 weeks times to recheck the liver function to make sure this hasn't changed.

I was wondering if anyone else had ever had this and it ended up being icp? I read online that it can take a while for it to show in blood tests after itching begins and have only been itchy a couple of days so now wondering given the borderline ALP if it could be leading to it?

anyone any experience of raised alp and what it meant?

thanks! X
I had icp in 2 previous pregnancies did they give you the bile acid result aswell? It can go up really fast so keep an eye on it. I had a couple borderline results this time but luckily it didn't develop into anything xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->