October/November Conkers 2021***

@daniyaaq so frustrating!!! Sorry the locus seemed rather clueless! It’s annoying having an appointment and coming away feeling like that. Are they concerned by his growth? Or waters? I guess at least you know that you won’t be going longer than 38 weeks… so possibly only 4 weeks left?

@Penguin20 i was the same going into my first! I wasn’t fazed by any of it until like you say I went into labour and actually realised how much it hurt! Hahaha! My first was back to back so took a while but my others have been pretty much straight forward. I do feel more relaxed this time round but I guess it’s just natural to worry and be anxious as you know what’s coming?!

I think some of my concerns are leaving DS3 as his still totally my baby. MIL isn’t as snuggly and warm as I am and I worry he won’t get the comfort he needs while I’m in hospital.

How is everyone? Anymore appointments this week? I’ve the midwife Friday

@Mummy2Corban they should be but he didn’t know if it is. Considering there was 3weeks in between scans no difference in measurements is a cause for concern. It probably plays more on my mind knowing the scans were done by the exact same person

@daniyaaq whens you next appointment?
He set one for 2 weeks but I actually got my consultant friend to get me one next week just to make sure I’m on safe side. It’s a shame it’s public holiday this Friday otherwise would have gotten one then.

@daniyaaq I think its wise to get checked sooner.

I have midwife fri. Hopefully she can look into getting my date sorted.

Got my last growth scan and consultant tomorrow morning, I'm hoping they will book me in, she wanted to do a sweep first cos she thinks I will go naturally , but I really want a date at least, I'm worried at how little weight he put on in 2 weeks, he was 4ib 1 then 2 weeks later only 4ib 8 x

@daniyaaq 2 weeks! I’m glad you got in before then!

@topazicatzbet hopefully she can chase your date! Be good to know what’s happening!

@playgirl666 i hope they understand your worries and give you a date specially if his still only gaining a little. Your nearly full term so I’ve all crossed for a date! Let us know how it goes!

Thank u, I keep getting back contraction pains, they will probs fizzle out though! My 1st labour started with back pains x

It’s almost certain, The next scan will determine this. Its just a matter of date

@Mummy2Corban aww bless you, hopefully DS3 will settle and hopefully it be a nice quick labour so not in hospital too long away from him,

@topazicatzbet yay for getting your date how exciting

I have no appointments till beginning of October, feel like I hardly seen anyone this pregnancy but apparently that’s normal for your second, my midwife is lovely though as always tell me to call if I need anything but she’s leaving after my next appointment so hoping my new midwife will be just as lovely

@topazicatzbet yay to having a date! Now you’ve got a definite to work towards!!!!

@playgirl666 oooo that’s a bit exciting. Do you think they will still offer a sweep tomorrow? Might be the little nudge you need if you are feeling contractions!

@Penguin20 its lovely having the same midwife throughout pregnancy. I guess due to covid I have had a different one each time. I’ve seen the midwife at 28, 32, 36, 38 (this fridays one) and then at 40 but I’ll be 40 weeks and 4 days so you never know I might not need it. Hopefully your new midwife is just as lovely as your last!

@Mummy2Corban i don’t really ever get nervous for labour because my pregnancies are so awful and I’m ready to get the babu out. Helps to know I won’t be in pain for more than 2-3 hours usually as well. I feel a bit nervous thinking about postpartum, dealing with those baby noises keeping me awake all night, changing diapers in the night and breastfeeding challenges. I always have a hard first month or two of breastfeeding before it gets easy.

@daniyaaq how is your placenta looking? Is it possible you have the same thing as @sil (I think right?) and it’s a cord insertion issue? It gets missed a lot on ultrasounds but can cause IUGR where the baby doesn’t grow as it should. Anyways better to get him out sooner rather than later. FYI I read induction goes smoother in women who have been eating dates!

26 days till my first sweep… feels ages away. Hopefully my fasting blood sugars can stay under 5.3 for 11 more mornings and then I likely won’t need to go on insulin, because the insulin resistance gets a bit better at 36 weeks usually.

my midwife (newish) on Monday measured me right on track which was reassuring… but going over my birth plan everything was like, “ok we’ll try but sometimes this can’t happen because of the diabetes”… like I’ve had 3 GD pregnancies before and never had any issues with my labour or delivery or postpartum to do with the GD. She was probably just trying to be informative as is her job but if it was one of my midwives who knew me I doubt I would’ve gotten any push back on my birth preferences.

honestly keeping track of the blood sugars and carbs is so exhausting I don’t even want to eat anymore.

@Reiko_ctu i love dates I eat them even when not pregnant but I’m actually scared to do anything that supposedly help with labour right now, going on day 3 of regular consistent contractions, they increasing in intensity too. I’m actually not ready to deal with a premie baby so would really like to keep him in for atleast another 2 weeks. The closer I can get to 37 the better.

it’s 4am and the pain is keeping me up

@Reiko_ctu i love dates I eat them even when not pregnant but I’m actually scared to do anything that supposedly help with labour right now, going on day 3 of regular consistent contractions, they increasing in intensity too. I’m actually not ready to deal with a premie baby so would really like to keep him in for atleast another 2 weeks. The closer I can get to 37 the better.

it’s 4am and the pain is keeping me up
Oh totally… I’m thinking like a few days before your induction to start with the dates… nothing early at all for you!! Baby definitely needs a few more weeks to make the postpartum
Journey easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->