October/November Conkers 2021***

I call in one hour to make sure they have space and as long as they do my induction starts in 2 hours. I’m so nervous!!
Good luck, I wish you a speedy and easy labour.

@ciz
Congratulations hon she is beautiful. Can't wait to hear all about it when u feel ready.

@sil
Good luck hon thinking of you

Congratulations. What did she end up weighing.

She came out at 6 lb 6 oz which is a good weight although way smaller than what I’m used to! My last baby was 9 lb 6 oz so she’s a whole 3 pounds lighter she seems so small and fragile to me

She came out at 6 lb 6 oz which is a good weight although way smaller than what I’m used to! My last baby was 9 lb 6 oz so she’s a whole 3 pounds lighter she seems so small and fragile to me

I think that's a great weight for all the worry she gave you.

@sil congratulations hon she is so sweet and look at all that hair so glad she was a good weight in the end.
My neighbour is due December her baby is only on 3rd centile she's 35 weeks and baby is 4lb 3oz. Think there thinking of getting her out early because shes so small. But I've told my neighbour that growth scans can be way out.
Hopefully it is way out and her baby will be a good healthy weight[-o<

My Harley dropped to 6lb 5 on day 6. They are so teeny esp when u have had bigger babies.
My smallest was 5lb 7oz and to me that was scary small.

Hi all. Well what a whirlwind haha.

firstly here she is, Callie F0DD4A96-8FDB-4E85-84F3-2DB58BB37DB6.jpeg

born 18th November weighing in at 7lb 8oz.

so birth story… as we all know I started having very irregular contractions and plug loss since early hours Tuesday, all went quiet until 1am Thursday where me and the hubs were about to go to sleep when I started feeling a dribble down my leg, never had my waters go naturally so this was a surreal feeling. Anyway turned to hubs said my waters have gone, stood up and sure enough more came out then eased up. So rang hospital as we had no idea what the next thing was to do in regards to waters breaking. Got told to go bed, rest and wait for contractions to start. So got back into bed, had a fairly mild cramp/contraction but it was strong enough that the rest of my waters came flowing out and my contractions really ramped up, literally they went from irregular to pretty damn regular of every 3 minutes. I endured 30mins of this before shouting at hubs to ring hospital and my mum to get her up here. So he did and got car packed. So up we went and I swear I thought we weren’t going to make it to hospital… the pain and intensity was shocking. Couldn’t manage walking to ward so needed wheelchair, got examined I was already 5cm, so requested epidural, I wasnt coping with these contractions they were coming too fast and strong, I remember hearing the midwife tell my husband we may not make it in time for epidural. So went up to get epidural, midwife was amazing she managed to get guy to come straight away to do epidural. He struggled to do it simply because I wasn’t getting a break between contractions. Dunno how he did it but he did. So now we’re at 8:30am with midwife and student, had a cervix check …. 9.5cm dilated. Waited another hour was started to feel pressure so they checked baby head was close to coming out. 6 pushes 10mins she was out by 9:25am no tearing only grazes. She latched on straight away for an hour. Was told she pooped while inside but she came out quite clean but we had to stay in 24 hours. Student midwife delivered her she was brilliant, don’t think she’s had a chance for many deliveries so she was beaming after. 5.5- 6 hour labour….whirlwind

Finally got a chance to type up my birth story! We are home and tired but adjusting.

Thursday was our day! I was scheduled for induction at 11 am but the unit was backed up so I got rescheduled for 3 pm. I went in and they checked me - I was 3 cm dilated so they decided to start with just pitocin. They started the pitocin drip at exactly 4 pm and I figured I’d be in for a long night.

My contractions quickly picked up to every 2-3 minutes apart. They checked me again 3 hours later at 7 pm and I was still 3 cm. I felt really discouraged. I decided to get an epidural so they could break my water and hopefully speed up the process.

At 8 PM they came with the epidural. As I sat up to get it, my water broke on it’s own and started gushing everywhere. The baby’s heart started to drop with contractions so they went in to put a more accurate heart monitor on her head through my cervix to monitor her more closely. They checked again while they were up there and I was STILL 3 cm. They kept changing my position and finally her heart stopped dropping with the contractions.

Suddenly 20 minutes later I felt like I had to poop. The nurses laughed it off at first because I was only 3 cm 20 min earlier and only 4 hours since the pitocin started. They checked me and gasped and called for the doctor because baby was coming out. She was born in 3 pushes at 8:25 PM.

Baby Rosalie was born 6 lb 6 oz, 19 inches long.

DCCD2F2F-A68C-40ED-B3C8-C1DC1BD96C81.jpeg

Finally got a chance to type up my birth story! We are home and tired but adjusting.

Thursday was our day! I was scheduled for induction at 11 am but the unit was backed up so I got rescheduled for 3 pm. I went in and they checked me - I was 3 cm dilated so they decided to start with just pitocin. They started the pitocin drip at exactly 4 pm and I figured I’d be in for a long night.

My contractions quickly picked up to every 2-3 minutes apart. They checked me again 3 hours later at 7 pm and I was still 3 cm. I felt really discouraged. I decided to get an epidural so they could break my water and hopefully speed up the process.

At 8 PM they came with the epidural. As I sat up to get it, my water broke on it’s own and started gushing everywhere. The baby’s heart started to drop with contractions so they went in to put a more accurate heart monitor on her head through my cervix to monitor her more closely. They checked again while they were up there and I was STILL 3 cm. They kept changing my position and finally her heart stopped dropping with the contractions.

Suddenly 20 minutes later I felt like I had to poop. The nurses laughed it off at first because I was only 3 cm 20 min earlier and only 4 hours since the pitocin started. They checked me and gasped and called for the doctor because baby was coming out. She was born in 3 pushes at 8:25 PM.

Baby Rosalie was born 6 lb 6 oz, 19 inches long.

View attachment 1104033
Love how we got same day :D

oooooooohhhh the hair she’s is gorgeous. Well done mumma.

@ciz
Wow hon amazing birth story. She is absolutely gorgeous. The contractions ure describing some very much like mine.
I had hyper stimulation and was contracting every minute so I never got a break it was horrible.
So glad she is hear now she is so cute.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.

@sil
All sounds very eventful hon. amazing ure waters went all on there own too.
When u talk about that urge to push that happened with our 2 year old. And with Harley too.
Midwifes looked at me like I had 2 heads because they had only checked me half hour earlier and I was 6cm. But sure enough when they had a look sure enough I was 10cm.
When I started getting the pressure with Harley down they the midwife was like ure no where near ready yet and kind of laughed
Just goes to show us womon know our bodies.

@Penguin20
Hopefully not much longer for you hon.

It's gone so so quiet in here.
Hope everyone and all the babies are really good.

@sil i had the crazy look from midwife with my girls. Both tone was checked and about 2cm, soon after I was ready to push.

with Ace never even had a chance to be checked, and had a good midwife she didn’t question me when only 10 minutes after arriving I said I need to push.

we are doing well here. I don’t know if I’m getting used to nightly waking but I’m starting to feel less like committing murder in the mornings. Borders finally opening up here so will be doing the 4hour drive to see my parents, can’t believe I went through a whole pregnancy and gave birth without seeing my mother, very weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->