October/November Conkers 2021***

Thanks ladies, yeah they both knew cos we told them, and they had a different name picked out, then they suddenly decided to use the name we picked!

@playgirl666 thats tough. I’m sorry that is happening specially with the due date too. Big hugs xx

@daniyaaq ive previously had an anterior placenta too and I didn’t feel baby until after 20 weeks. I’m not sure this time round?!

Found out my sister in law is 35 weeks, they think she's got pre eclampsia aswell, so they are keeping her in to see how she goes, they suspect baby will be here very soon though x

Found out my sister in law is 35 weeks, they think she's got pre eclampsia aswell, so they are keeping her in to see how she goes, they suspect baby will be here very soon though x

35 weeks should be OK. Maybe just a little slow feeding.

I had anterior placenta with my last and didn’t fee movements till 20 weeks!! Really really hoping I don’t have it this time. But I won’t find out till my 2 week scan anyways. @playgirl666 I would mention something to them, ask if they recalled that was the name you’d chosen? Maybe they have forgotten. DHs cousin had a baby 3 months after us and chose the same first and middle name! Identical. I was ticked but no one else seemed to care of our family.

35 weeks should be OK. Maybe just a little slow feeding.
I had a 38 weeker and she was my hardest to figure out breastfeeding! I said I never want anything earlier than 39 after that because it was such a tough experience. I didn’t get a sweep until 39 weeks last time because of that.

@Suggerhoney I’m hopeful that soon something will happen, this is my first experience with an anterior.

With my dd and ds I had anterior and didn't feel anything proper untill 21 22 weeks.
Felt flutters around 18 weeks.
Unfortunately with a anterior u do have to wait longer because the placenta is cushioning there movements.
I was so happy when I was told at 10 weeks my placenta was prosteria.
Was hoping I wud feel something by 13 14 weeks but nope.
Only been really this past week or so and I'm almost 19 weeks.
Wondering if this baby is smaller because my placenta is definitely at the back.
They double checked at my gender scan.

Because I've had bleeding at 6 and 14+5 weeks and I wanted to make sure it wasn't the placenta.

He is kicking right now hehe
Aaaw how sweet. I didn’t think placenta affects growth of baby, but now that I’m thinking about it, I always had small-ish babies and this one is worrying me at how on dates he/she is. I would hate to have a big baby

So we had to have our house sprayed for ants (just found a few but don’t want it getting out of hand) so we had to leave the house today. I haven’t been up and about at all for the last 7 weeks so it was a huge challenge for me. We are at my sister’s who is pregnant 3 days ahead of me. She’s not sick, just a bit tired and she’s been taking lovely care of me. She made me soup and grilled cheese for lunch which I was able to eat, let me have a shower in her nice new shower (she lives in a new house and we live in an old place), blow dried my hair, chopped me up veggies for a snack and has taken my big kids to the playground now.

I am so blessed by her... also feeling jealous that she can do all that while being the same gestation as I am. I can’t imagine having a pregnancy where I could do all that. She’s already 36 and it took 13 months for her to get pregnant so she deserves an easy pregnancy... but if I had pregnancies like her I’d never stop lol! Well not really, 4 will be enough for me. I just honestly can’t imagine a pregnancy like that.

I have a “super” uterus my midwives have called it. Labours around 2 hrs and then shrinks down to original size by my 3 day checkup. They’re always shocked at the position of the fundus just a few days after birth. So you’d think I’d be one of those women who is just “built to make babies” but my pregnancies reallly are not at all.

Aaaw how sweet. I didn’t think placenta affects growth of baby, but now that I’m thinking about it, I always had small-ish babies and this one is worrying me at how on dates he/she is. I would hate to have a big baby
I’ve been feeling worried because I don’t have a bump at all! I wonder sometimes if baby isn’t growing. No kicks yet, no bump, so I’m at the mercy of waiting for a midwife app for Doppler to make sure baby is ok. I am still sick but I was sick with my miscarriage until I had passed everything even though the baby hadn’t been growing for 3 weeks...

Anyways I think you can actually somewhat control the growth of the baby with healthy eating. I know with gestational diabetes you can at least. If your blood sugar is constantly high from carbs baby gets bigger, if you manage it with healthy low carb foods baby will grow how they’re supposed to. I’m sure your baby won’t be that big. How big were your other girls? My first was 7lb12oz, then 7-13, then 7-06. She looked so tiny compared to the other 2! The 6ounces definitely made a difference!

So we had to have our house sprayed for ants (just found a few but don’t want it getting out of hand) so we had to leave the house today. I haven’t been up and about at all for the last 7 weeks so it was a huge challenge for me. We are at my sister’s who is pregnant 3 days ahead of me. She’s not sick, just a bit tired and she’s been taking lovely care of me. She made me soup and grilled cheese for lunch which I was able to eat, let me have a shower in her nice new shower (she lives in a new house and we live in an old place), blow dried my hair, chopped me up veggies for a snack and has taken my big kids to the playground now.

I am so blessed by her... also feeling jealous that she can do all that while being the same gestation as I am. I can’t imagine having a pregnancy where I could do all that. She’s already 36 and it took 13 months for her to get pregnant so she deserves an easy pregnancy... but if I had pregnancies like her I’d never stop lol! Well not really, 4 will be enough for me. I just honestly can’t imagine a pregnancy like that.

I have a “super” uterus my midwives have called it. Labours around 2 hrs and then shrinks down to original size by my 3 day checkup. They’re always shocked at the position of the fundus just a few days after birth. So you’d think I’d be one of those women who is just “built to make babies” but my pregnancies reallly are not at all.

just reading that it sounds unbelievable to me. I feel like this pregnancy has been the only one where I can do more stuff and that usually lasts half an hour before I regret it because I’m extremely tired and nauseated.

I always believed you have one or the other. I know my best friend was like that, bouncing off walls throughout her pregnancy, went on to have a long labour and long recovery. I truly believe I deserve a quick one after suffering the whole time.

just reading that it sounds unbelievable to me. I feel like this pregnancy has been the only one where I can do more stuff and that usually lasts half an hour before I regret it because I’m extremely tired and nauseated.

I always believed you have one or the other. I know my best friend was like that, bouncing off walls throughout her pregnancy, went on to have a long labour and long recovery. I truly believe I deserve a quick one after suffering the whole time.
Yeah I feel like she will labour for a long time but I hope she doesn’t end up with a section. My mom laboured for a long time with her, like 3 days! She was with me for my first and third births, she is a nurse and did Labour and delivery for years before going to pediatrics (very handy when my kids are sick!). So i would love to be able to be with her in labour but if she goes overdue I’ll have a newborn! I just hope Anatomy is in her favour and baby doesn’t have a hard time getting in position. She’s tough so I know she could labour well!!
Wish I was close to labour at this point I’m really looking forward to it XD

I’ve been feeling worried because I don’t have a bump at all! I wonder sometimes if baby isn’t growing. No kicks yet, no bump, so I’m at the mercy of waiting for a midwife app for Doppler to make sure baby is ok. I am still sick but I was sick with my miscarriage until I had passed everything even though the baby hadn’t been growing for 3 weeks...

Anyways I think you can actually somewhat control the growth of the baby with healthy eating. I know with gestational diabetes you can at least. If your blood sugar is constantly high from carbs baby gets bigger, if you manage it with healthy low carb foods baby will grow how they’re supposed to. I’m sure your baby won’t be that big. How big were your other girls? My first was 7lb12oz, then 7-13, then 7-06. She looked so tiny compared to the other 2! The 6ounces definitely made a difference!

My first was 6-1 and second girl was 5-8. I remember the doctors being concerned they are small but that was perfect for me.

My first was 6-1 and second girl was 5-8. I remember the doctors being concerned they are small but that was perfect for me.
Oh I’m sure you won’t have a big baby! Those girlies were teeny!!

I think I may have just felt baby. Just some tapping very low. That was definitely not gas.

Reactions: sil

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->