October/November Conkers 2021***

It’s liver support. It’s not been tested in pregnancy but it’s supposed to help your liver process the high levels of hormones better, which is apparently a contributor to the nausea. It’s just sooo bad I have to try something. I actually haven’t vomited yet but am constantly on the verge! All food and drink are just disgusting to me at this point and it won’t calm down for at least 8 weeks based on my history.
Can you not get something prescribed? I did with dd and it helped so much.

I had HG with my previous pregnancies and honestly the prescription meds did nothing to help me.

Honestly the meds don’t do anything. They just make you sleepy. Which is great if you never have to go anywhere and can just sleep all the time lol! The only Ned that really does work is called zofran over here and it can cause heart defects in the baby. I’ve eaten a bit of cheese and some granola today and can’t stomach anything in my fridge and even takeaway isn’t appealing.
Cyclizine worked for me when I was pregnant with dd. I used it from 10-16 weeks. It didn’t actually stop me being sick or the really bad waves, but it did stop the constant nausea. It didn’t make me tired though - I actually started to feel less tired when I started because I think I had spent so long trying to fight the sick feeling.
I'm going to get help sooner if it happens again. I hope you start feeling better soon, it is really debilitating isn’t it?

Cyclizine worked for me when I was pregnant with dd. I used it from 10-16 weeks. It didn’t actually stop me being sick or the really bad waves, but it did stop the constant nausea. It didn’t make me tired though - I actually started to feel less tired when I started because I think I had spent so long trying to fight the sick feeling.
I'm going to get help sooner if it happens again. I hope you start feeling better soon, it is really debilitating isn’t it?
Are you In the UK? Cyclizine isn’t prescribed here in Canada because of risk of malformations. Zofran is given in the extreme cases of HG but I refused it last time because of the heart side affects. Although now I’m taking something natural that could have side affects I don’t even know about so I guess why not take the meds... anyways DH just asked me if I feel like I can do the things I need to... no I don’t. So we will be getting some help in while I’m basically bed ridden again for a few weeks here. I’m going to try to work tonight and Saturday and if that doesn’t go well I’ll have to go off work on medical too.

I ve just been reading an article where research shows compression stockings can help with the nausea. I ve been considering getting some anyway for work for their health benefits (i'm a community nurse so a large part of my job is compression therapy) so I ve bought 4 pairs to try. Fingers crossed they help but at worst they will help prevent vascular disease when I'm older

Argh, I know I shouldn't still be testing but I had loads of tests and didn't want to waste them. Today was my last test and the line is much lighter. Its the hook effect right? I don't have any more left to dilute. Thank goodness I have my private scan today but now I'm super nervous for it.

@topazicatzbet what time is your scan?

I feel like I’ve tried so many things to stop sickness but still haven’t found the key! I had bad nausea with my molar and had meds but it didn’t do anything. I also had sickness injections which didn’t help. I’m throwing up or gagging. I hate that being sick doesn’t make you feel any better! Argh!!!!!!!!! This will end for us ladies.... just hope it’s soon!!!!!!!!

@topazicatzbet what time is your scan?

I feel like I’ve tried so many things to stop sickness but still haven’t found the key! I had bad nausea with my molar and had meds but it didn’t do anything. I also had sickness injections which didn’t help. I’m throwing up or gagging. I hate that being sick doesn’t make you feel any better! Argh!!!!!!!!! This will end for us ladies.... just hope it’s soon!!!!!!!!

11.45 uk time. Just short of 4 hrs to wait.

Sorry you all have such bad nausea! I had really bad nausea with my first, but it started at 7weeks. Now i’v felt nauseous a few times, but I am enjoying my last days without it. I am just absolutely exhausted though! I am ready to go back to bed after breakfast! I have had to have a nap every single day, I still end up falling asleep on the couch in the evenings just wishing it was bedtime already. The other day I felt like I could fall asleep while walking... I don’t remember being this tired with my daughter so might bring it up at the ultra next week.

@topazicatzbet hopefully it’s just diluted urine and your scan goes well! Let us know when you’re able to

Are you In the UK? Cyclizine isn’t prescribed here in Canada because of risk of malformations. Zofran is given in the extreme cases of HG but I refused it last time because of the heart side affects. Although now I’m taking something natural that could have side affects I don’t even know about so I guess why not take the meds... anyways DH just asked me if I feel like I can do the things I need to... no I don’t. So we will be getting some help in while I’m basically bed ridden again for a few weeks here. I’m going to try to work tonight and Saturday and if that doesn’t go well I’ll have to go off work on medical too.
Oh really? It’s the first defence here and they said the risk was far smaller than the risks of malabsorption of things like folate from repeated vomiting. Maybe it’s changed since 2015.

Does anyone have an IC at around 4+4? I swear mine isn’t dark enough I’ve attached my clearblues from Wednesday and Thursday and today’s cheapie.

0DBFA0D4-5673-4D54-B1C1-165E48ECD084.jpeg D0569E40-FA5B-4E54-AA8F-F78E0FCB4C76.jpeg

Your clear blues look like great progression. I found the ICs didn’t ever get very dark with my 5th. Plus I wouldn’t compare the blue dye and the pink dye x

Thanks. I’ve called GP, cried, and bought more clearblues. Will update tonight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->