October/November Conkers 2021***

@Suggerhoney wow 20 weeks!! How exciting! That feels like an eternity away for me how are you feeling and doing?

@Suggerhoney wow 20 weeks!! How exciting! That feels like an eternity away for me how are you feeling and doing?

I'm good hon.
My scan is on Wednesday tho and I'm very excited but nervous.

I just had to take a 20 week bump pic.
Please ignore the ugly no makeup face lmao:shock:

20 weeks Bump :blue::baby:20210508_181020.jpg 20210508_181028.jpg

@playgirl666 so exciting! That means I actually guessed right on your gender thread haha! Congrats on team blue. Lots of blue in this thread!! So wonderful!

@Suggerhoney you look great! Super bumpy! Yes 4 weeks till v day.... then 7 weeks till the 3rd trimester! How crazy is that!

Hehe thank you hon. I can't wait for 3rd trimester that's my favourite because its so close to meeting baby.
Love all the appointments and getting a propper date for induction.
So exciting.
Can't wait to have another newborn to cuddle.
Just love that newborn smell.

Oh a newborn smell is yummy! Plus those snuggles when they are all curly and teeny. Just the best!

And yes 4 boys and 1 girl!

Just had my first shift back at work and I’m so happy with the way it went. I did book a larger break than normals and started late but I’ll make my next shift start a bit earlier because it went so well today. Nervous about Thursday evening shift becaueee that’s when I’m having nvp still but I’ll be 15+5 so hopefully it’ll be on its way out by then!

I also had two people randomly message me who I haven’t talked to in at least a year just wanting to “catch up” so I think someone has been spreading around the news of our pregnancy lol. We said we were done to most people so everyone is very curious about baby 4 XD

now too tired to cook so we’re doing takeout even though we’re going out to Mother’s Day brunch tomorrow morning too XD

@sil you can definitely trust the blood test better than early scans.

@Reiko_ctu good news work went alright. I say stay taking it easy but it’s nice to be able to get out and about. Tried to go out for dinner and had to leave everyone being as I couldn’t last more than an hour.

@Suggerhoney happy 20weeks.

Oh a newborn smell is yummy! Plus those snuggles when they are all curly and teeny. Just the best!

And yes 4 boys and 1 girl!

Awwww I love that. Boys especially are always in a little ball. I found my girls were more straiter.
But my boys are always like little balls. U pick them up and there still like a little ball it's just the cutest.
Maybe its because of these privet bits so that's why they are like it.

Girls are definitely much straiter and tend to not curl up as much as boys.

Just had my first shift back at work and I’m so happy with the way it went. I did book a larger break than normals and started late but I’ll make my next shift start a bit earlier because it went so well today. Nervous about Thursday evening shift becaueee that’s when I’m having nvp still but I’ll be 15+5 so hopefully it’ll be on its way out by then!

I also had two people randomly message me who I haven’t talked to in at least a year just wanting to “catch up” so I think someone has been spreading around the news of our pregnancy lol. We said we were done to most people so everyone is very curious about baby 4 XD

now too tired to cook so we’re doing takeout even though we’re going out to Mother’s Day brunch tomorrow morning too XD
So glad it went well hon
Glad u got a good break In too

@sil you can definitely trust the blood test better than early scans.

@Reiko_ctu good news work went alright. I say stay taking it easy but it’s nice to be able to get out and about. Tried to go out for dinner and had to leave everyone being as I couldn’t last more than an hour.

@Suggerhoney happy 20weeks.
Yeah I am kind of back in the swing of things but everything is wrapping up for summer time so I won’t have school runs or commitments or anything, just work 2x a week. And with summer comes bbq so so much easier for planning and cooking meals!! I could actually get my dad to bbq for me because my parents live in our suite and he is a grill master haha. That’s a good plan XD lol. Thankfully tomorrow’s meal out is brunch and in the mornings and around lunch I am still feeling a lot better than the evenings. Gosh the smells are still awful though!
The good things is with my parents downstairs I can still sleep in and nap if i need to and they watch the kiddos for me.

I will be sore tonight from massaging (my job) though and I’m really tired since getting off my shift!!

i *can* see a light at the end of the tunnel!

Also exciting, DH is adding another aspect to his carpenter business, so after my Mat leave is done we’ll be seeing how his business is going and lessening my work shifts if it’s going well. Considering I homeschool the kids it would be nice to work less!

Do a lot of you ladies work or do you stay at home? For the working ones how long will your Mat leave be?

@Reiko_ctu wow you homeschool too?

I’m planning to take 6 months mat leave but might be less on a work from home basis. I don’t know, I was pretty out of my mind by month 2 when I had DD2 and desperate to do something.

@Reiko_ctu wow you homeschool too?

I’m planning to take 6 months mat leave but might be less on a work from home basis. I don’t know, I was pretty out of my mind by month 2 when I had DD2 and desperate to do something.
Yes we started our eldest homeschooling when she was in grade 1. It’s only our 2nd year but we started before the pandemic so it was good we didn’t have to shift anything mid year.
I definitely do not get bored on Mat leave XD I love it! We get a year or 18 months here, you can choose either but then you’re stuck with your decision you can’t change your mind, per the way the government runs the mat leave subsidies lol. I might take 18 months with it being my last but that would make my subsidy considerably less than if I take 12. I might take the 12 and then just go unpaid for 6 months if DH can make enough.

I can’t wait to be off. I’m taking my leave 2nd week of September as long as I don’t get hit with spd this time. I love my job but it really just takes time away from my home and family responsibilities and I love not having to worry about that!

Yes we started our eldest homeschooling when she was in grade 1. It’s only our 2nd year but we started before the pandemic so it was good we didn’t have to shift anything mid year.
I definitely do not get bored on Mat leave XD I love it! We get a year or 18 months here, you can choose either but then you’re stuck with your decision you can’t change your mind, per the way the government runs the mat leave subsidies lol. I might take 18 months with it being my last but that would make my subsidy considerably less than if I take 12. I might take the 12 and then just go unpaid for 6 months if DH can make enough.

I can’t wait to be off. I’m taking my leave 2nd week of September as long as I don’t get hit with spd this time. I love my job but it really just takes time away from my home and family responsibilities and I love not having to worry about that!

yeah homeschooling is good. My first was homeschooled for a year and I loved the results. My mom homeschooled her. I just couldn’t cope.

I love how mentally challenging my job is, my brain can’t stay idle for long. When Covid hit and things slowed down I actually got a second contract job just because I was struggling with working at about 50% capacity.
Our gov subsidies is so low it doesn’t even factor in that decision,

Glad work went well

@Reiko_ctu I work 3 days a week and so glad the kids are back at school. Working and homeschooling was
horrible.

The nhs has really good maternity pay so I will be having 9 months off but hoping I might be able to save up enough to have an extra month so I get some of the better weather off. My mat leave doesn't start til 11th October (38 weeks) but I have 3 weeks of holiday booked before it. I also get to take all my holiday allowance before I finish so I have lots of holiday coming up over the next few months.

I’m a stay at home mum. DH is an electrician so I could never earn the amount that he can earn so his happy to be the sole earner. Plus we literally have no outside help. MIL isn’t interested in the children and never helps. My mum like I said before we don’t have a good relationship and I’m not sure I’d fully trust her.

@Reiko_ctu thats awesome you went back to work! All steps in the right direction right. Hopefully your evening shift won’t be to difficult. It’s great you homeschool! Having to home school mine during covid was just to stressful and I felt so split between giving 5 children my attention! Hats off to you.

@topazicatzbet i hadn’t occurred to me to take some annual leave before maternity leave. I’m hoping to finish up end of September and just have a rest. I also reckon this little bugger will be early so need the extra time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->