October Pumpkins 2016 [47 Pumpkins - 3 Boys, 2 Girls]

im being sent home due to these awful headaches I cant cope at work ...

my dh is on his way to pick me up

So sorry your headaches are so bad Blessed:hugs: I think the only painkillers you can take while pregnant are acetaminophens although I think you need to take as sparingly as possible (at least that's the recommendation in DK). Maybe try calling e.g. your GP and ask them what can be done?

I agree, acetaminophen is about all you can take. I try taking only one to see if it will take just enough edge off to make me feel human again. I feel your pain, I've had horrendous headaches with this pregnancy. Obviously if you need 2 do it, but because you should try not to take a lot of it, I start with one and give it about 45 mins to see if it's helping. I had a few really bad days where I had no option but to do 2 every 6 hours for 5 days :( I hated taking that much, but my dr reassured me that if the headaches are that bad I can't move, eat, work, whatever, then it is definitely ok.

I got the genome screening results yesterday, all chromosomes look great and I know what team were are on, but not telling! Not even telling my mom, though Hubster knows! I'm not sure if regular OB will do a scan tomorrow, but our anatomy scan is May 5th.
I need to order a few more fabric samples, as I still haven't picked a pattern yet!

As far as Facebook... Still not doing it. Work doesn't know, contract still working its way through the system. I think at this point would be fine, but I'm just not in a rush for people to know. I have only told my brother, mom, and a few very close friends and I feel like that's enough for now. There will be plenty of time for everyone else to know.

I hope everyone is doing better, especially our ladies with persistent MS and headaches!

I got the genome screening results yesterday, all chromosomes look great and I know what team were are on, but not telling! Not even telling my mom, though Hubster knows! I'm not sure if regular OB will do a scan tomorrow, but our anatomy scan is May 5th.
I need to order a few more fabric samples, as I still haven't picked a pattern yet!

As far as Facebook... Still not doing it. Work doesn't know, contract still working its way through the system. I think at this point would be fine, but I'm just not in a rush for people to know. I have only told my brother, mom, and a few very close friends and I feel like that's enough for now. There will be plenty of time for everyone else to know.

I hope everyone is doing better, especially our ladies with persistent MS and headaches!

Glad all is looking good:thumbup: Will you be holding a gender reveal at one point for your family or are you planning on letting it be a surprise until baby comes?

Sounds like fun with fabric samples, maybe you've mentioned it but what will the pattern be for?

Yeah I'm starting to get the same way. I'm planning now on definitely making an announcement on FB after my 19-20 week scan though. I'm thinking my ex-SIL's family will find out since my BIL will probably mention it - afraid if his evil ex-MIL will come with some comment about my age (since I'm turning 37 in May) at my BIL and ex-SIL's son's birthday next month but we'll see. I wouldn't put it past her, some years ago DH and I were thinking about moving to the US (since it'd have been easier for me to get a job) and she practically attacked me verbally once she got me alone at my in-laws' big 60th birthday party:wacko: She was really nasty and I tried brushing her off but didn't work - didn't help she was a bit drunk. Anyway if she does say anything about me being "too old" or something like that, I'll tell her to just butt out:gun::trouble:

AFM my MS is generally getting better although I've had a bad day today. Wondering if it's partly because I've been bad about drinking enough water though so trying to really be extra aware of my water intake from now on and see if it helps.

Not planning on a gender reveal, always funny to me that they call them that because it's really the biological sex and not the "gender" (I started out as an anthropologist). I don't want people to make a huge thing out of it. I'm just so happy it's viable and healthy and more and more likely to come home with us one day... I just want that to be the focus. I'm not sure when it would be "safe" to announce it, I have a bad relationship with my dad and a lot of friends with fertility issues (step family, too). I don't want to hurt people, etc.

In the US, even small (3-4 piece) bedding sets are 150-200 US dollars!!! I'm too cheap to pay that and I have more than enough sewing skills to make something better quality for a lot less!

If she talks about your pregnancy negatively, call her out like, "oh, when did you get your degree in obstetrics?" Or "I don't believe I've invited you into my uterus" something witty like that!!!

I drink tons of water, I wonder if that's why I never had it? I do hope yours is on its way out!

Clandestine- congrats on the good genome results. You must feel so relieved! I'm like you and won't join a FB group either. I'm too afraid people will know/find out/etc and we won't tell people until after I get the clear scan.

Blessed- I hope your headaches stop soon. I've never had headaches when pregnant, so I can't offer any advice. Hopefully a day off work will provide you with some relief.

I've been feeling good these last couple of days. I have a bit more energy and not feeling nauseous anymore so very happy about that- especially when I'm stuffed into public transport at 8:30 in the morning on the way to work!

Blessed For headaches just tylenol as has been mentioned, but I find if I drink a gatorade or something like that it can help. Something to do with the electrolytes I think.

Clandestine congrats on the good results! Bedding is crazy expensive here too. Or can be. Hoping to get some as a gift lol otherwise off of kijiji or a place like that.

Kat around that time my MS was up and down too. I will say (knock on wood) that this week it's gone! Just headaches now... yay? lol

AFM I'm getting looks at work lol. After my midwife appt. on Thursday I think I'll let them know on Friday.

Not planning on a gender reveal, always funny to me that they call them that because it's really the biological sex and not the "gender" (I started out as an anthropologist). I don't want people to make a huge thing out of it. I'm just so happy it's viable and healthy and more and more likely to come home with us one day... I just want that to be the focus. I'm not sure when it would be "safe" to announce it, I have a bad relationship with my dad and a lot of friends with fertility issues (step family, too). I don't want to hurt people, etc.

In the US, even small (3-4 piece) bedding sets are 150-200 US dollars!!! I'm too cheap to pay that and I have more than enough sewing skills to make something better quality for a lot less!

If she talks about your pregnancy negatively, call her out like, "oh, when did you get your degree in obstetrics?" Or "I don't believe I've invited you into my uterus" something witty like that!!!

I drink tons of water, I wonder if that's why I never had it? I do hope yours is on its way out!

Ah ok. I'd say with your dad if you don't really have any contact with him, then you don't need to tell him. As you know I have toxic siblings that at this point have ostracised me so I won't be telling them about my pregnancy (although they may find out if my toxic mother becomes friends again with my cousin and her DH). I'd say the friends and family with fertility issues, you could maybe tell them via an email or letter so they have time to process the news in their own time and just wait for them to respond when they feel able to. I think not telling them around the same time as everyone else would be more hurtful in some ways.

Yeah with my BIL's ex-MIL, I'll have to be bordering on unpolite because being polite doesn't get you anywhere with her:nope: She used to make comments about my unemployment as well, in her mind anyone (especially with a degree) that can't get a job must be either incompetent or picky. She seems to have no filter or any sense of boundaries, she just says whatever she wants. DH has in the past been hopeless (he's not big on confrontation, a family weakness apparently) so will have to take care of her myself if she says anything.

Kat around that time my MS was up and down too. I will say (knock on wood) that this week it's gone! Just headaches now... yay? lol

AFM I'm getting looks at work lol. After my midwife appt. on Thursday I think I'll let them know on Friday.

Here's hoping that's what's going on - I'm totally over it, especially the vomitting, and want it to stop now:nope:

Sounds like a good plan, hope your appointment plus telling your co-workers and boss goes well!

thanks ladies I got some panado from the pharmacy and took 2 yesterday and tried to sleep ... when I woke up the light in the house was so bright I even felt sick ...

my inlaws fetched my DD last night to spend the night so I can have a good night of sleep uninterrupted although I woke twice to pee LOL

I feel much better today although my headache is still there but much much lighter than before and Im drinking soda water for the nausea and it seems to help ...

Clandestine Im glad your tests came back clear and I take my hat off to you for keeping the gender a secret I would never be able to LOL

Blessed- I'm so glad your headache is easing up. It sounded horrible!

Clandestine-congrats on a good test results.

AFM-I'm in my second trimester today! Yay! I had some sharp pains yesterday off and on for several hours. It was right above my pelvic bone. They only lasted a second but it worried me because it kept happening. Hasn't happened today though. Any thoughts? Are they the Braxton-hicks I heard someone else talking about? This is all new for me so I'm not sure.

Hi from the September group...

Blessed...I had horrible headaches with this pregnancy too and they would last for days sometimes even when I caved and took tylenol. Literally nothing would help it. Talked to my obgyn about it and she suggested taking magnesium daily. I've been taking it for about two weeks now (and eating magnesium rich foods like bananas) and have noticed a HUGE improvement. It took awhile to kick in, but my headaches have been much less frequent and much less severe. I haven't had one in a few days now and hopefully that will continue! I would ask your doctor about it and see if that may work for you too. My obgyn said it's safe for baby and often helps prevent migraines. Worth asking about/trying!

thanks Unicorn

I think what you experiencing is round ligament pain

Thank you so much amantila I will def speak to my dr about the magnesium it actually makes sense ... for now Im put off by banana's though but I will really try my best to get some in ...

AFM - Im at home today working from home my bottom half of my body feels like it wants to fall off ... I have no nausea and no headache today so happy and I craved a big bowl of oats with some butter in it ... craving satisfied

Unicorn I agree with Blessed, it could be round ligament pain. Mine started pretty early, been having them since just before hitting 6 weeks:wacko: They can get a bit painful. If you're sitting or laying down it can be helpful to lay on the opposite side you're feeling those pains.

Blessed hope taking magnesium helps!

AFM DH still haven't found the keys to our mailbox at the new house:dohh: He's gonna search in earnest today so FXed! He came home a bit late last night as he wanted to get the ceiling in the hallway painted so I ended up ordering pizza:blush: Was in the mood for gorgonzola (seem to generally be into cheese these days) so had a pizza with that and artichokes (it originally was supposed to also have pepperoni on it but I'm a pescetarian so asked for without):thumbup: So had a nice night for myself watching "The Big Bang Theory" and then a Danish show about police and mostly their work catching bad drivers. Scariest story was this slightly drunk guy driving 170 km/h on a highway where the limit is 110 km/h and he at first didn't want to stop for the police:wacko: Next scariest story was a 75+ year old man driving 99 km/h where he could only drive 60 km/h and almost driving over the cop that tried to stop his car:nope:

thanks Kat

my husband likes watching a show called speeders ...

we had chicken subs last night was delicious ... I just want chicken nothing else seems to do it for me lately

thanks Kat

my husband likes watching a show called speeders ...

we had chicken subs last night was delicious ... I just want chicken nothing else seems to do it for me lately

Sounds like a show for me as well:winkwink:

Glad it was good:thumbup: It's funny with cravings, I luckily am on a cheese kick right now. Been thinking about getting DH to make one of his yummy grilled cheese sandwiches this weekend:thumbup: Don't know what I'd do if I wanted meat :wacko: The only meats I do miss on occasion are duck and lamb. But I can always buy mock duck if I get the hankering for something that tastes like duck - the one we buy tastes great after being prepared on a frying pan:thumbup:

I've been craving anything strong in taste. It doesn't matter what it is, just not plain! So spicy or pickled is good. Salty food is amazing right now. And I really want beef, but like a quite rare cooked steak, so not eating that at the moment.

I've been craving anything strong in taste. It doesn't matter what it is, just not plain! So spicy or pickled is good. Salty food is amazing right now. And I really want beef, but like a quite rare cooked steak, so not eating that at the moment.

Spicy foods make me sick, I haven't tried in weeks now since last time:nope: It's amazing you can, I thought it made most pregnant women feel sick.

This may be TMI but anyone else having bad constipation:wacko: I sat in the bathroom today for at least 10 minutes just to get a bit out:blush:

My craving: Beef fried rice. And I usually eat relatively low carb.

@Kat: I have a box of flax meal organic bran flake cereal for "medicinal purposes". Also I snack on apples, walnuts, and peanut butter and drink tons of water. Keeps things moving along!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->