October Pumpkins 2016 [47 Pumpkins - 3 Boys, 2 Girls]

Thanks Blessed:flower: Yeah I was totally annoyed that I had to deal with her in front of my ILs and her fake interest and her playing victim with her "Oh I can never get a hold of you!" I would love to avoid that situation again but not sure how:nope: I hope you soon feel better:flower:

AFM here are pics of some of the clothes we got. There was also a more modern knitted sweater in yellow and one in pink (that we'll only use if it's a girl of course) but must've been in the other bag in the car so will have to post pics of those at a later date:

HMD1.jpg

HMD2.jpg

HMD3.jpg

HMD4.jpg

Oh and here's the lamp we bought for baby's room. It was the only unisex one and goes well with the yellow walls:

Lampe.jpg

Awww Blessed! I am so sorry you are sick! I hope you feel better soon and that the medication you were cleared to take helps you out.

I'm still having trouble finding baby clothes that are going to be appropriate for fall! All the stuff here is still summer, and we have barely had a summer. It's been so rainy and gross!

Cute collection Kat :)

ajarvis that's kinda weird. Here they're selling plenty of long sleeved onesies and sweaters and fleeces plus clothes with wool in them. Hope you manage to find some stuff soon!

Ugh does anyone have any suggestions on how to avoid the situation with my toxic mother again? I don't like that my MIL is enabling her and letting her call them to get a hold of me. I'm sure my mother was also telling them BS about how she can never get a hold of me (she never calls) and how she's starving to death because of her dentures. I'm starting to fear that my MIL will start pushing for me to either visit my mother more often to "take care of her" or worse, encourage DH and I to let her move into our house, maybe even saying it would be good so my mother could help with tha baby (which she won't) :wacko:

kat - Honestly from everything you told us I would basically tell me MIL to butt out (in a nice way of course) and get my mother completely out of my life. It seems as if the drama with her consumes a lot of your life and it's just not worth it. Just my thoughts. Best of luck with whatever you decide!

I agree with Ash, LOL, she does know best! My deceased MIL was exactly the same and most people are nice and mean well, but really don't get it unless they've been there. You have to be firm and set boundaries and if you can be polite and do it with love - great. You can cushion it with things like, you think your MIL is great and know she's a lovely and caring person and know that she's trying to help, BUT... and then tell her as much of the truth as you are comfortable telling her. This isn't something that can be negotiated, it's not like you had a falling out with your mom, it's emotionally abusive and damaging. And it's not going to change. People don't outgrow narcissism.

I agree with Clandestine and Ash ... hope you get to speak to your MIL soon and tell her as much as you are comfortable with ... my MIL didn't understand the relationship between me and my siblings as her kids are all close until I told her why we are the way we are ... and she has been more supportive of me ...

Ajarvis the shops are now only starting to pack out summer clothes that's why I didn't buy much warm stuff for baby now during the winter stock ... I will do so at the end of October depending on how long she stays in the warm clothes or how hot it gets here ... Im hoping for a rainy summer though ...

AFM - still feeling sick but Im getting there ... we going to a funeral tomorrow of a young girl that committed suicide down the road from us .... so sad ... and today myself and DH will be looking at some daycares for Scotlynn ... hoping to find a suitable one for her ...

Blessed I'm so sorry, such a sad story :( Hope you find a good daycare center!

Thanks guys and you're right, I'll need to talk to my MIL although I'll probably wait until after we and them are home from our vacations (they're going on vacation right after we come home from France). I did send her and my FIL and email about 3 years ago once I realised my mother has NPD trying to explain things but they never responded - not sure if it's because they didn't want to understand it or what:shrug: I'll have to try again and tell them examples of what she's done and said. I think my FIL may be more open to understanding it now since realising his ex-daughter in law is most likely a narcissist as well. Tried talking to DH about it but he hates talking about unpleasant things so guess I'll have to do it myself. As for my mother, I'm definitely going to keep her as low contact as possible. I only see her once every 2 months most of the time and never call her. I think next time she calls my ILs to get a hold of me (because they've told her I'll be there), I'll refuse the call and let them deal with it - I think it's bad to let her think that tactic will work on me.

Got back from my scan and my placenta has moved up :happydance: But baby is measuring big in certain areas so they're going to let my midwife figure out if it'll be an issue:wacko: She asked us if me or DH measured big when we were born but none of remember anything about being told that, only that we both went over term. DH is now thinking it's a boy based on the fact baby is measuring big. So glad we didn't buy any clothes in the smallest newborn size (size 50) and went for the larger newborn size (size 56). Think from here on out we'll be buying stuff in one size larger (size 62) which here is for 3 month olds:wacko:

that's great news Kat ... LOL it will be interesting to see if he is right once your baby is born ... with Scotlynn we were team yellow and on my last scan DH said she was a girl based on how she was laying in my tummy

Yeah it'll be fun although I told him I don't think it always works that way that you can say for sure the gender based on the size. Although I'm glad baby apparently has long legs and not DH's more stubby ones :haha:

LOL my OBGYN also said baby has long legs but then again my DH is tall

We painted the baby's room yesterday! Finally lol. Going to spot check it tonight to make sure it's good. Then next weekend take care of the crib railing being stained etc. then I should be able to get everything in there! But man. I went to the gym - body pump, grocery shopping, and then painting. Whew. So tired. On top of that I had trouble sleeping so I'm going to be very wiped out today!

Not until at night! Of course dog tired all day. Get into bed. Can't sleep lol. I think I fell asleep around 11. My alarm went off for the gym at 5 - which I promptly reset to 545 :p - so 6.5 hours or so. I feel a little bit more human today :p

@Kat: we didn't buy anything in the smallest/ newborn sizes either - Hubster and I were both big babies and we are 87.5-90% for adult height in our respective demographics, so I'd be shocked if we had a tiny baby! Plus ours was estimated at 4 pounds 15 ounces at 32 weeks last Friday... so I think my expectation is realistic.

@blessed: I am so sorry to hear about the suicide! I know those kinds of funerals are terribly sad, but it's very good of you and your DH to show support for that family right now.

@ajarvis: way to go getting the room painted and mostly sticking with your exercise! I am still walking almost every day, going to start yoga, too, maybe today, LOL, maybe tomorrow... definitely before the end of this week!

Clandestine I'm finally going to go tonight :p half hour body pump and half hour cardio is the current plan.

Also toured the birth center yesterday. So looks like we're going for it. Unmedicated birth in a birth center rather than hospital. Kinda excited and nervous at the same time! Very nice place though! Very homey and relaxed. Much more better feeling than a hospital. Although she did mention that almost all of their births are water births which I wasn't completely down with. But I'm going to read more on that. Cause I can see how going from tub to bed could be uncomfortable. We shall see..

So just got back from vacation, didn't have much internet access so first am able to respond now.

In short our vacation was really nice although the drive to and back were horrid because of the huge amount of traffic and how much road work was being done in Germany:wacko: Baby has been doing well although I suspect (s)he may have turned at one point but now I think is back to head down again. I made sure to stay pretty hydrated and we always had a few cans of water with us when we were out during the day. I'll post pics ASAP, also have a few bump pics in the mix:winkwink:

As for the wedding we went to the day before we left, that went fine as well. Baby was super active during the ceremony for some reason, not sure if it was all the psalm singing or the organ or what:shrug: There was some issues with the food for me as the bridal couple hadn't fully prepared the restaurant so I had to constantly ask for the courses without the meat. Almost got into an argument with one waiter as he kept insisting that I'm a vegetarian (and should be asking for vegetarian versions) when I'm not, I'm a pescetarian since I eat fish/shellfish:dohh: To make things better, one of the wives started asking me when we were going to have baby #2:wacko::dohh: I thought people first bugged you about that around 1-1½ years after baby #1 is born, not already 2 months before baby #1 is due:wacko: DH and I sidestepped the issue but it did bug me. Her husband was constantly bugging me about baby #1 shortly after DH and I got married and now his wife is already bugging me about baby #2. So crazy!

Yes I did :) Wow things are a bit quiet on here aren't they? Was otherwise looking forward to chatting with everyone on here:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->