October Pumpkins 2017

I'm in the US. Typically first appointments are between 8-10 weeks. I'll be 9 weeks by the time my appointment rolls around on the 24th. Early ultrasounds and betas are done per the ordering provider. Some will, some won't.

I had to reschedule my early ultrasound for a week later unfortunately. I'm supposed to fly home from Hawaii Sunday morning and arrive home Monday morning. But home is expecting multiple FEET of snow between Sat and Monday night so I am assuming I won't make it in time and will be stuck in San Fransisco for a day or two.... So the scan is held off for another week. I don't mind it so much as there will be more to see at 8 weeks versus 7 weeks!

Feeling a little under the weather today. Generally blah and food holds no appeal today. Pretty tired too despite sleeping fairly well last night.

No real cravings or aversions. Breast soreness is mild. But it always seems to be more sore at the end of the day. Anyone else notice that?

Hi ladies so I got my betas back, they were at 13,517 at 5w3d. I'm quite pleased! Has anyone else had betas run and what were they?? I had to make a new new appointment with a new doctor so I won't have my first appointment until March 7, and my US won't be until after then tho. I'm still planning on going to the Er before then to make sure everything is okay.

Today marks one week since I last saw my husband and it just all sort of hit me again that I'll never see him again and that he won't be able to hear the heartbeat, or get to meeting our miracle baby. This is all still so shocking ��

Shanley congratulations on your betas, and again I am sorry for your loss. I hope your ultrasound will bring you some much needed comfort.

MrsD around here you usually get one at 6-8weeks, 13 weeks, usually a gender scan (you have to pay a small fee) at 16weeks and again at 20 weeks.

ME I am sorry you are feeling ill, but I am glad you get to hopefully miss the weather. Fx for an amazing ultrasound to come.

I'm in New Zealand and I believe you may get an early dating scan if you don't know your dates at all, cos the later the scans are the less accurate they are too, so a scan at 6-10 weeks is pretty good for getting an accurate date from. And of course if you experience severe cramps or bleeding or anything they'll scan early too.

But I've always known my dates so never bothered with early scans, plus the whole idea of an early scan up my vag was unappealing too so.... Nah. My twelve week scans always matched my dates too so all good. Haha!

I have rung my maternity centre and my midwife team I had last time will be calling me back next week and I'll get a booking appointment at some stage, but no great hurry at this stage.

It's Saturday here, and I'm at my mums, both my kids have been playing happily and I have just woken from a two hour nap on the couch. Haha. Bliss!!!

Shanlee :hugs: Fab beta result. I'm so pleased for you :hugs:

Shanlee16 amazing beta result :happydance: glad all is ok with baby! :flower:

I'm in the US and when I made my first appointment they told me they wouldn't see me until 10 weeks so my first appointment is on March 15th. I don't know if they will do a scan or not but I hope so to at least make sure everything is ok. Pretty jealous of the ladies that can get early appointments/scans because where I live there are no private places to do it. All I can do is wait and hope everything is fine.

I haven't had any symptoms other than fatigue whatsoever which I guess is a blessing but I guess I always figured I'd have at least something. I do seem to be wanting a lot of Italian food though!

Angel I'm surprised you don't have private ultrasound places where you are. I craved pasta a lot with DD1

Flying do most women deliver in hospital where you are?

Shanlee your results sound great :)

I'm hungry all the time but nothing sounds good to eat :(

May I join? I got my BFP on feb 9th :). Last cycle started Jan 9th. So I'm thinking October 16th is my edd. This is my third child and my oldest was born November and my youngest in October. So they're all gonna be back to back birthdays and holidays. Lol. Seems like I only get pregnant in the winter so I get to suffer all summer long. Where I live the summers are horrible, I'm talking 120 degree heat index. But anyway, I wasn't keeping track of my cycle this past month and had no idea I was late till I looked at my period tracker. I had been feeling extremely tired and my breast soreness never went away. I also started getting little pins and twinges in my ovary area. So I tested and the positive showed up pretty much instantly, way before the control line. We're super excited though! Baby dust to everyone!!!

Still praying, a lot of people do birth in the hospital or birthing centre, but I'll be birthing at home if I can and lots do that too.

So happy my DH just let me order a new "fetal" heart doppler, I will be getting it by the end of this week, I am so excited. My other one broke, so I was able to get a new one and this one actually shows the heartbeat! So excited.

Kitteykat that's exciting, I've been considering purchasing one....how early can you find the HB with those?

Welcome Jagger!

Flying that's awesome. Homebirths are very uncommon in the US...like 8% or something like that which is pretty unfortunate. I've been doing a lot of research on it because my birth with dd2 was absolutely horrific:nope: so I just want a natural birth this go round.

Can't wait to be able to use my Doppler again :)
Ended up at out of hours with my son last night, he's got tonsillitis but the taste of the penicillin makes him throw up :( trying to hide it in so many different things, all that works is really strong juice at the mo!

With the cheap one I had before I found both kids at 9 weeks, but I had to really press down. It took forever for the first baby but with the 2nd baby I knew what sound I was listening for.

This one actually has the heartbeat numbers right on the screen, so if I'm unsure about it, it won't show up! I know it's kind of early but I am sure I will try it as soon as I get it.

With the cheap one I had before I found both kids at 9 weeks, but I had to really press down. It took forever for the first baby but with the 2nd baby I knew what sound I was listening for.

This one actually has the heartbeat numbers right on the screen, so if I'm unsure about it, it won't show up! I know it's kind of early but I am sure I will try it as soon as I get it.

What one are you getting? Mines the sonoline b, it shows the numbers as well but I don't think they're very reliable, I would count 10 seconds of heart beat then times it by 6 just to get a proper answer of what the heart rate was.
I'm gonna start trying from 8 weeks, my friends got it at the mo so at least it removes my temption to waste my time trying now lol

Ah yeah I thought about renting one of those before I bought my one :)

I've been researching them but I made a deal with DH not to buy one until after the first ultrasound.

Anyone else nonsense stop eating? I'm constantly starving, but only a tiny bit of food fills me up.

I'd like to join! I got my bfp at 10dpo on Friday. Positive digi and darker frer today. By ovulation, my EDD is October 24!

Hi everyone! Thank you for your msgs. My brown spotting lasted for only one day luckily (2/8). I had bloodwork done at the obgyn on the 9th.
HCG - 21085 and progesterone- 20.9 at 5w5d.

I have my first transvaginal ultrasound on 2/21 at 7w2d. Since the HCG numbers are satisfactory, the doc said we'd be able to see a fetal pole, sac and heartbeat. Cautiously excited and just praying there are no more spotting scares!

As for symptoms (6w1d today) nothing major. Just fatigue, tongue tastes bitter, can't decide what food I like/dislike. Sweets don't appeal to me, which my DH is very happy about since I usually have a sweet tooth. 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->