October Pumpkins 2017

I've been feeling baby move too, especially if I'm sitting upright with my legs crossed, it must squish it lol.
One week today until gender scan! My mum said she's got a feeling in her waters that it's a girl now, I've got my boys name completely picked out so hopefully I won't be as disappointed if it's another boy 🙈 Lol

Ugh, I'm stressing out today. A week ago I had a couple of tiny spots of brown blood, and the EPU weren't interested unless I was filling a pad. But, my lovely consultant at my appt on Tues did a super quick scan so I know baby was okay then. Now, today, I've had some more brown spotting. More than last Sunday but it only came in one go, and I haven't had any since. Just hoping everything is ok. I posted in 2nd tri, but had no responses so I thought I'd come back here where people talk to me!!

Ugh, I'm stressing out today. A week ago I had a couple of tiny spots of brown blood, and the EPU weren't interested unless I was filling a pad. But, my lovely consultant at my appt on Tues did a super quick scan so I know baby was okay then. Now, today, I've had some more brown spotting. More than last Sunday but it only came in one go, and I haven't had any since. Just hoping everything is ok. I posted in 2nd tri, but had no responses so I thought I'd come back here where people talk to me!!

Sorry you are dealing with this first off, I know it must be worrisome however if it isn't red or doesn't get heavier I think everything is ok from what I've read. I don't know how common this type of thing is in 2nd Tri but it sounds like old blood that is just now making it's way out. If you are truly worried there has to be someone you can call to get a reassurance scan. Maybe a private scan or your doctor can get you in again?

Thanks, Angel :) If it's gets any worse I'll call the early pregnancy unit and beg, but they really didn't want to know last week! Thankfully I've not had any more since around dinner time today, so I'm just keeping everything crossed. Positive thinking, right? :)

Have you done anything strenuous Mrs B?
Long walks, lifting, sex anything like that that could have irritated you and caused a bit of old blood? I'd try and take it easy for a couple of days and see if you get anymore x

No sex or lifting (although I do sometimes pick up the cats and they're not light...), but I did go into town on Sat. Nothing strenuous but I was finding it hard going to keep walking (feeling faint even though I'd eaten plenty) and we were probably out for an hour. I'm hoping that might be the cause. Definitely having an easy day today! On the plus side, I haven't had any more bleeding since. Xxx

Great to hear that things have settled down for you, Mrs. B. Always so scary to have any amount of spotting during pregnancy. Hoping that it doesn't come back :hugs:

4 days to go until gender scan!! :happydance:

Glad to hear everyone is doing pretty well! We had a wonderful Easter and now I am trying to get back into the swing of things at work. Only 5 more weeks though until summer break!

I would love to be added to the facebook group but when I clicked the link, it said it was unavailable?

Today is my second cervical length scan and I can't wait to see my baby boy again. If all still points to being a boy, I am working on sorting out my baby clothes and getting rid of most of my girl clothes. It's bitter sweet but I'm glad to be decluttering the storage room a bit!

What's the link to the Facebook group?

I had my nuchal screening today, and all looked good. And...we saw BOY parts! Looks like my first instinct was correct.

Congrats Dr. Jo! Seems like there are a lot of boys this month. When I was pregnant with my last daughter there were more girls than boys. I guess they come in waves lol.

Saraa - Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think that in order to see the group (because it's private) you have to friend the admin and they can add you, or she can send you a friend request for you to accept and then she can invite you to the group.

Mrs B how are you feeling now? I think if its brown means it old blood maybe just took little longer to come down, try not to worry too much (easier said than done i know)

I think I've been feeling some movement past few days nothing that can be felt on the outside still like flutters, my little girl cant wait to feel kicks etc so is super excited

hope everyone is well

Thanks, Amanda :) Doing ok at the moment... had a tiny bit more brown after the first bit but it was lessening and I've had nothing more since. I'm suspecting that it's related to the tiny bit of extra exercise I did the day before so I've basically put myself on limited duties. Very little exercise, no picking up or carrying anything heavy, and trying to avoid as much stress as possible (which has been fun seeing as we have some renovations going on at the moment... almost done, thankfully). I think the tiny movements I've been feeling (which may have been wind) are slowly increasing, so I'm hoping I'll start to feel movements soon. That will help me feel better! Hope you're all doing well. We must all be in, or very close to, the second tri now!

Mrs B: Glad you are taking it easy and the spotting has gone. Hopefully you'll feel some stronger movement soon!

drjo: Congrats on your baby boy!

saraaa: Can't wait to hear what you're having!

I'm doing pretty well over here, got a slight cold but nothing I can't handle. Yesterday was awful as most the day was lots of round ligament pain but it has since eased off. I started our baby's registry earlier tonight since I can't seem to sleep. Didn't realize how much stuff goes on a registry but think I'm mostly done now :happydance: at least until we find out gender.

Congrats DrJo! And good luck for your gender scan, saraaa! I've got a private gender scan booked in for a week on Sat when I turn 16 weeks... more to give me a bit of reassurance that baby's ok, but it'll be a bonus if we get to find out the gender too!

Eeekkkkkk i've just booked a private gender scan for 7th may i will be 17 weeks and 1 day so praying they shall be able to tell the sex of the baby.

Going to take my daughter with me this will be her first time seeing the baby at a scan and we get to see him/her in 4d

The Facebook group is set as "secret" which means you won't get to it with a link or a search. You have to be added by a facebook friend who is already a member of the group. Stephanie created the group and has been taking friend requests. It looks like I, now that I'm a member, can also add people, so feel free to friend me as well (Jenna Galland-Peterson).

--

I think I felt baby kick this morning! I was cuddling in to OH trying to make him get up for work (day off for me, yay!) and I was somewhere between laying on my right side and on my stomach (which still doesn't feel wrong yet). I then half-snoozed for another hour after he got up, trying to "sleep in," and kept a hand on my belly the whole time hoping to feel it again. So far nothing :p

I can't remember who said they work in HR? I wanted to ask a question if ok, I work Nights and I was wonder if when I go on maternity leave will I still get paid the night rate or do most companies just pay the day rate for mat leave? It is it different for every company?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->