October Weight Loss and Fitness Challenge

Spudtastic

Reaction score
Please join me in an October weight loss and fitness challenge where we try to achieve our own goals in this month and we can support each other through our ups and downs.

If you're up for it I can add you start weight in this first post and your goal so you can easily find it at the end of October.

Feel free to share feelings, meals or anything under related.

Spudtastic:
Start weight: 83.7kg
Waist:
Goal: get into 70s kg. Increase my exercise. Eat more green things in my life :)

Jessmke
Start weight: 62 kg
Goals: Lose 3 kg (will get me to pre-preg weight). To do my core exercises every day. To stop drinking a glass of wine every evening. And to get pregnant

I'm in!

Goals: Lose 3 kg (will get me to pre-preg weight). To do my core exercises every day. To stop drinking a glass of wine every evening. And to get pregnant (so maybe weight loss goal won't happen, lol).

I don't have a scale at home so I might not be able to monitor my weight loss, the only reason I know my start weight was because I was visiting my sister a few days ago and weighed myself at her house!

I'm in!

Goals: Lose 3 kg (will get me to pre-preg weight). To do my core exercises every day. To stop drinking a glass of wine every evening. And to get pregnant (so maybe weight loss goal won't happen, lol).

I don't have a scale at home so I might not be able to monitor my weight loss, the only reason I know my start weight was because I was visiting my sister a few days ago and weighed myself at her house!

That would get you into the 50s. I would love to be back in the 50s and that's my ultimate goal for next May. Having no scales is not a bad thing either. I only stood on the scales this morning for an October challenge.
I'm the heaviest I've ever been and if for now I get back in the 70s I feel like I can slowly work through the 70s through the end of the year.

I've probably mentioned this before but my oldest girl is called Isla.

I'm in!

That would get you into the 50s. I would love to be back in the 50s and that's my ultimate goal for next May. Having no scales is not a bad thing either. I only stood on the scales this morning for an October challenge.
I'm the heaviest I've ever been and if for now I get back in the 70s I feel like I can slowly work through the 70s through the end of the year.

I've probably mentioned this before but my oldest girl is called Isla.

I am really hoping to get back to pre-baby weight before getting pregnant again, and then try not to gain so much the next time around! I have found it so hard to lose even with breastfeeding and being active. I don't want to have to do this battle all over again.

Yes it seems like a constant battle. I got to 68kg then got pregnant and miscarried, then got pregnant, put on 8kg in the first trimester, then had a missed miscarriage, then comfort ate and then got pregnant with dd2.
I didn't actually put on much being pregnant but I put on lots after.
I just want to do this once more and stay at a healthy weight. I've had my children (two is our completed family) and as I get older I can't eat so many unhealthy things. So my mind is in the right place now. Weigh once a week. And just eat healthily and make it a lifestyle change rather than ultimately about what the scale says.
I am a sugar addict so I can't touch the stuff.

I'm in! Still have almost over 6 lbs to get back to pre-pregnancy weight and I'd love to lose it before my husband returns home in a few months.

Start weight: 128.8 lbs/58.4 kg
Goals: Lose 2 lbs, exercise 5 times a week, fit into my costume for Halloween

Good luck, ladies! :happydance:

Hi girls can I join you please, I am 345 I would like to be 331 by the end of Oct.

I plan to follow slimming world and drink at least 1 l water a day xxxx

I'd love to join for some motivation.

I'm trying to get back into low carb since I'm on fertility meds this cycle.

My current weight is about 221 and I'd like to lose 8-10 lbs this month.

I'm in! I'm about 132-134 (let's say 133, though the scale seems to skip that number!). I'd like to get into the 120's, stay away from sweets, and exercise 5 days a week.

Baby is sleeping terribly right now, so it's really hard to make time for exercise and stay away from sweets... But I'm feeling determined!

Ooh I'm in . I'm off to weigh myself this am and ill update then . This is such a good idea :)

Love to join, desperately need to find my determination again! Will update in the morning with weight (I imagine it's mid 80'skg) as it's nighttime here in Aus:thumbup:

Hi everyone. I can't sleep (it's 11pm and I'm on my phone). I'll jump on the computer in the morning to put everyone's stats on post1.

I had a 'free' day today because we went to an Asian street food day over in the next town. But on top of that dh ordered pizzas when we got home. So I are more than I intended to on this 'free' day.

What worries me is how much I can eat without feeling full.
Back to my low carb no sugar tomorrow though.

Today is my free day as well - kids are going to the free daycare day I get once a month and I'm going shopping and will probably indulge in a meal or two that is consumed in peace while still hot. :haha:

Asian street food and pizza sounds like heaven, so excuse the drool over here. Good luck getting back on board!

Baby is sleeping terribly right now, so it's really hard to make time for exercise and stay away from sweets... But I'm feeling determined!

I hear ya on this one! When I am tired I crave sugar because I think my body just wants the fast energy, and I am too exhausted to exercise. It's a bad combination! I really enjoy exercise and I am an avid runner, but my baby's poor sleep means my exercise happens very sporadically. I'll get myself into a good rhythm and then suddenly Isla will be waking 8 times a night and I won't exercise again for a few weeks. Ugh.

I hear ya on this one! When I am tired I crave sugar because I think my body just wants the fast energy, and I am too exhausted to exercise. It's a bad combination! I really enjoy exercise and I am an avid runner, but my baby's poor sleep means my exercise happens very sporadically. I'll get myself into a good rhythm and then suddenly Isla will be waking 8 times a night and I won't exercise again for a few weeks. Ugh.

As long as I can manage it with my husband's schedule, I'm finding I'm always willing to go to yoga class even if I'm exhausted. It's been helping to have that as a backup, since I do not feel like running without sleep! Knowing worst case I can sit in child's pose for a moment during class means I'm willing... and a moment to be free from kids is always rejuvenating!

So I'm back

So my weight last week was 85.4kg after loosing 3 kgs
This week we are starting off at 84.2kg a loss of 1.2kg
Total loss of 4.2kgs in 2 weeks !!! I'm delighted with that start

I'd be thrilled to get into the 70s for November so that's my goal !!!! So excited for this . I think this time I actually might do it !!!! I'm in this for the long haul once that number keeps coming down ,

I am definetly giving myself a free day a week .... Rest of the time low carb , no sugar .
Lets do this girls :) I already feel better about myself for even doing something about it .

83.2kg:wacko: first goal is to be in the 79's

School holidays here at the moment which seems to make staying on track very hard, going to have to keep my eye on the prize!

I'm having my glass of wine, oops! I really think that if I cut out my glass of wine every night I would probably lose weight without doing anything else, but it is just so nice and relaxing to sit in the hot tub with a glass of wine after putting Isla to bed. It's my favourite time of the day!

Went for a good run yesterday with a friend and Isla in the jogging stroller. I hate running with the stroller and would rather run on my treadmill while Isla is napping, but I really want Isla to grow up seeing her parents being active and viewing physical activity as a part of daily life. So I suck it up and push the damn stroller so she can be a part of our daily exercise.

Every day I take the dog for a 5 km hike with Isla in the hiking backpack, so that's at least some gentle physical activity even if I don't have the energy to do something more intense.

I have done my core exercises three days in a row now, yay! I have been doing them with Isla and she thinks it is really funny to climb all over me while I am on the floor. I injured my back in January and it is still not completely healed, I would say it's about 90% back to normal and I really want it to be completely healed before getting pregnant again so I really need to focus on doing my exercises every day.

So I'm back

So my weight last week was 85.4kg after loosing 3 kgs
This week we are starting off at 84.2kg a loss of 1.2kg
Total loss of 4.2kgs in 2 weeks !!! I'm delighted with that start

I'd be thrilled to get into the 70s for November so that's my goal !!!! So excited for this . I think this time I actually might do it !!!! I'm in this for the long haul once that number keeps coming down ,

I am definetly giving myself a free day a week .... Rest of the time low carb , no sugar .
Lets do this girls :) I already feel better about myself for even doing something about it .

Great job! You seem like the most motivated one in the group at the moment!

I have a hard time with sugar because I like milk and sugar in my coffee, and I drink a lot of coffee (but it's almost always decaf). I am trying stevia in my coffee instead of sugar but it does give it a bit of a weird flavour that is taking some time to get used to.

Hi ladies, can I join?:flower:
Start weight: 68.8kg :blush:
Waist: Not going to measure because it will make me depressed and then I'll eat chocolate :haha:
Goal for October: Lose 3kg, cut down on sugar (massive problem for me), exercise more.

I'm pretty sedentary at the moment but I'm planning to go back to netball this week (I haven't been since before the summer), do couch to 5k (and get out to do it 3x a week) and do kettle bell workouts at home 3x a week. We'll see :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->