Odd Cervical Things going on! Help!

bellabee

Reaction score
Hi All,

Sorry if I put too much information in here. I am just super confused and could do with some advice!

So some background. I was on the minipill for two years and stopped this on the 27th of March. On the 30th of April I had my period. I had been putting this into an app and also monitoring my cervical changes and mucous since the 30th of April (first day of my cycle). I had two apps, one predicting ovulation on the 13th of May and one between then 19th and 24th. On the 17th my cervix went very high and soft, and was wet. Although no egg white like mucous! I assumed I ovulated then my boyfriend and I got intimate.

BUT then on Sunday (22nd) there was loads of egg white mucous and my cervix soft and this lasted until monday. Again we got intimate on Sunday. Then yesterday (25th) my cervix dropped and went very firm. But today my cervix has risen and softened again and there again in eggwhite like mucous (although maybe a little whiter).

SO I have obviously been reading the internet to see what this all means!! I am so confused as to why I appear to be ovulating again- even though I know this is not possible! Any ideas what this could mean? Could I be pregnant?

Any help would be appreciated! I am driving my self crazy speculating what this could mean!

Sometimes your body will 'gear up' to ovulate and then it won't actually happen. So it tries again later in the cycle. That's why you can have runs of fertile CM multiple times during the month.

The only way to really know that you've ovulated is to chart your basal body temp (as soon as you wake up in the morning, before getting out of bed, try for same time every day). Once you get a sustained rise in temp, it's likely you ovulated on the last low temp day before the shift. There are good apps for tracking this like fertility friend!

Good luck!

Thanks for your response! Ok that makes sense. I was kind of hoping this was an early symptom as when I googled some people said this was their first sign- ewcm at 5 dpo. But I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up but assume it is just delayed ovulation!

You also get a second estrogen surge a few days after ovulation, which could cause some fertile-looking CM (and a temp drop). Could be that!

Cervical position really confuses me...I've had no luck with it so I stick to CM, OPKs and temping to figure out when I'm ovulating.

I will take a page from your book and start charting my temp then! Thanks for all your help :)

CP changes throughout the day and night, you need to check it same time each evening for a few cycles to get a feel of what is normal for you as every woman is different. Could be that you didn't O the first time, especially as you've just come off the pill, your body is trying to get in a normal rhythm again, or it may just be an oestrogen surge causing the ewcm, ewcm tends to be a sign of AF rather than pregnancy though, but again, you'll need to chart a few cycles to find whats normal for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->