Odd Names at the Midwife Office

BrandiCanucks

Mommy of 4, WTT
Reaction score
I had my first midwife appointment today and they keep track of the births for the month. Three names popped out at me today and I couldn't help but feel bad for the children with these names. I was actually slightly horrified. I know that sounds horrible.

Anyway, the names were Cedar, McGreggor, and, for a girl, Arsenal.

I like Cedar lol. McGregor doesn't float my boat- not a fan of surnames as first names as a rule. Arsenal just makes me think of the football team or weapons, an unusual choice for a name!

whats wrong with Cedar?

mcGreggor is not my taste but it might have deep/important meaning to the family

Arsenal also makes me think of football (although my friend Chelsea was named after the football team) and shortens to Arse :dohh:

lol awful names... cedar like the tree ?! and the other two; oh dear oh dear !

lol, I actually kinda like Cedar, though I don't know if I would choose it. The other two...hmm, probably not!

I also like cedar but dh would never let me have a name like that!! He's too traditional. Arsenal is a very unusual choice tho...

Cedar as in the tree? It'd end up getting shortened to seedy!

McGreggor - meh.

Arsenal- Omg poor girl, it sounds like arse hole.

Arsenal? OMG poor girl, she can't even shorten it!!!! Her parents must be the real arses surely. ..

wonder if poor arsenal will choose to go by Nellie or Sena or something?

does it list middle names?

is her name Arsenal Rose or Marie or Anne etc... where she could go by the middle name maybe

think that name is one of the few where ive actually gone 'poor girl' its worse than 'Tallulah does the hula in Hawaii' at least she could shorten hers

just seen this one lol

https://pic.epicfail.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/name-spelling-fail.jpg

Even though I personally don't like it, I don't see what's wrong with McGreggor as an idea, since people use MacKenzie commonly, why not McGreggor?

Same with Cedar. There are a lot of other tree names.

Arsenal is definitely horrible though.

are these really first names! they all sound like they could be surnames to me :wacko:

Arsenal! :wacko:

My best friend is a teacher and had a Metallicah Jane in her class. Not sure why they added the H at the end, but names like that definitely tell you what the parents are into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->