Odd Names at the Midwife Office

Not sure what's wrong with Cedar. It's only like Rowan, Ash, Willow, etc. I wouldn't use is I don't think but it's not out there.

McGregor is odd, but I don't like surnames as first names as a rule.

Arsenal is terrible.

None of these are in my tastes. I'm all for unusual names but I have my limits... a couple of the worst unusual names I've heard irl were Stardust and her sister Electra :nope:

Electra is at least a real name. In Greek mythology she was the daughter of Agamemnon and Clytemnestra. Stardust is odd.

I once heard a mum in the supermarket shouting fir her child ibiza we we in Farnborough at the time so it was pronounced with a heavy accent Eye-bee-fa. Not sure if boy or girl I was laughing too hard had to walk away.

A friend of a friend also named her son Blade,

there was one on another forum the other month... a couple had twins and where having a third baby and wanted name suggestions to go with the twins names but their twins where called...

Meeko and Mowgli :dohh:

Names I've heard out and about include Kingsley, Bluey, Meadow (actually quite like this) Domino and most memorable of all...Champagne.

I think the most unusual I've heard are little girls called Ripley (after the alien films character) and Monroe (presumably after Marilyn??)

I know of a kid callef simian which is something to do with monkeys and a boss I had called his son Conan.
Each to their own but sometimes its unfair on the kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->