Odd Names at the Midwife Office

Arsenal! :wacko:

My best friend is a teacher and had a Metallicah Jane in her class. Not sure why they added the H at the end, but names like that definitely tell you what the parents are into.

lol subtle... my DS name is Jake which no one automatically knows why (after a film/band)

I wouldn't name my child something like Gunner Rose (guns and roses) or Pearl Jamie (pearl jam) lol

instead if I was a huge fan pick a name of a member of the band/actor/character to use

My friends have Nikki-Lee, Sebastian and Connor which is much more classy way of incorporating the bands/films you love

I'm guilty of naming my child after a band. My two and a half year old daughter is Anberlin...and I just found out yesterday that they are breaking up at the end of this year. :cry:

there are 36 arsenals of both sexes apparently

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6939112.stm

None of these are in my tastes. I'm all for unusual names but I have my limits... a couple of the worst unusual names I've heard irl were Stardust and her sister Electra :nope:

I picture Arsenal's parents as very dark and gothic looking people with lots of piercings and tattoos...but watch, they're suburbians that live in a cookie cutter neighborhood and listen to country music lol

I picture Arsenal's parents as very dark and gothic looking people with lots of piercings and tattoos...but watch, they're suburbians that live in a cookie cutter neighborhood and listen to country music lol

really, I picture them as chavs or wannabe wags

I cant see anything Gothic about the name at all (my goth friends kids are called Ebony x2, Fraya, Scarlett, Autumn, Skye, Damien, Gilby, Anna and Ophelia)

I also cant see it as anything to do with country music

I have 'goth' friends and I can tell you now....Arsenal is not a name they'd use :haha: definitely a 'chav' name if anything.

Sorry was meant to be lighthearted and funny. Didn't mean to cause anything by my comment.

She'll get called Arse and teased rotten :(

Exactly what I was about to post.

I have no problem with people putting their interest into their child's name, but for heaven sake use it as a middle name.

My thought on the name cedar, some one might misread or mis spell it and call cheddar instead!

Arsenal? Really?!?! If it is a football relation, surely a play on your favourite players name or something?

Now, Tottenham, there's a name I can get behind :) but Arsenal...

Well, this midwife office is in Canada so unless they immigrated from the UK, I doubt it's after the soccer team lmao

I'm guilty of naming my child after a band. My two and a half year old daughter is Anberlin...and I just found out yesterday that they are breaking up at the end of this year. :cry:

I thought she was named after Henry VIIIs wife! :dohh: I imagined you were just Tudor obsessed :haha:

Arsenal?

Just wow. She'll get arse and arsehole all get life poor child!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->