Off Birth Control Help!

mldav

Reaction score
I went of bc - a generic form of ortho-tri lo - in July 2013. My periods were very irregular after that (before I ever went on bc I was always regular). I just started my May period and I had one in Feb, March and April. I'm fairly certain I ovulated last month. I'm 23 and a little overweight also. My doctor has also told me that it takes up to a year for the pill to be fully out of my system. My questions is, after your periods regulated, about how long did it take for you other ladies to conceive? TIA!

If you have a period that means you are ovulating. So I'd say start temping and see if you can pinpoint your ovulation date.

A period doesn't mean you are ovulating and neither does a positive opk the fact your periods have returned is a good sign and it can't hurt to try

Everybody is different with how long it takes for their bodies hormones to go back to normal and regulate. When I was on ortho tri for 3 years and literally within days of stopping I was pregnant with my daughter. Then was in the pill again and this time when I came off I had three very short cycles and now they have been regular finally. So I've had it both ways before! I agree with the other ladies though! Start tracking your cycles and see when and if you are ovulating!:)

OH! I was sure the fact you had a period it meant you were ovulating. Thank you for correcting me

OH! I was sure the fact you had a period it meant you were ovulating. Thank you for correcting me

I have pcos regular periods and regular positive opk and got told I wasn't ovulating every month and your body can go threw the motions and u get the surge for the opk but the egg doesn't release

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->