• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Off topic-Dh away for work, anyone else hate being alone @ night?

sbl

Mum of 2
Reaction score
As the title suggests...

I feel like a big baby, I hate being alone at night!

I've just been cleaning out closets etc to keep busy

xx

I feel you. I take pills to help me sleep when DH goes out of town. Will he be gone long?

I feel you. I take pills to help me sleep when DH goes out of town. Will he be gone long?

thanks for your reply hun :flower:

He's been gone since monday he will be back tomorrow though :happydance:

we just had an mc on new years eve so I guess I'm just not liking the alone time....too much time to think!!!

Luckily I have no work tomorrow 12 hour shift as student nurse is not good with only a few hours sleep :nope:

xx

I totally understand! My DH is a firemen, so he works every 3rd day. On 24 hours then off for 48... So every third night, I'm alone. I actually bought a big body pillow for the nights he's gone! Lol I cuddle up with that. Not pitiful in any way (sigh) it's not easy that's for sure!!! I hope your DH's are home safe and sound soon!!!! Good luck with TTCing and :dust:

my OH works night 7pm to 7am and i really dont liek being home alone either

My hubby is out of town too and it sux. Luckily he comes back tomorrow.

I dont live with my oh so im not used to him being there

but think of the positives girls, the whole bed to yourself, no fighting over the duvet, sloshy tv which he normally moans about

x

my dh just started working nights. and i absolutely hate being alone. i have found it is harder for me to be awake without him and takes me a little longer to fall asleep, but once i am asleep, i sleep much better laying diagonally in our bed..

My hubby is a .................................................... truck driver! He is usually gone Thursday and Friday night except for when he covers for someone else. I know how you feel. When he's gone I will sleep in his shirt since it smells like him. I also will put his pillows up against my back so that it feels like he's in the bed. I have to have the TV on with the sound up just enough to hear it since he's a snorer. LOL, I know, I'm goofy. LOL

Oh I wish I had found you ladies earlier this week! DH went away on Monday and I just haven't been able to sleep with him away. It's now half past midnight and am sitting up waiting for him to get back!! I also tried the shirt thing and the pillow thing...none worked :)

sbl so sorry for your loss :hugs: this week was the anniversary of our 2nd loss and I really hated being alone. It does give you way too much time to think eh. Hope you're doing ok xx

My hubby is a railroad conductor and usually works the third shift at night :( So i know how you all feel! It also stinks because you don't get to spend near as much time with your OH.... Even if its sleeping. He's gone at night when you sleep and then gone to bed during the day, so lots of alone time.

I try to stay up into the night when he's gone (if i can) even though it would be easier to go to sleep... That way, i am able to sleep with him some, even if I don't make it the entire time... However, i should definitely mention that i'm blessed to be a homemaker... So that of course helps tremendously!

Love to you ladies on your lonely nights :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"