Off topic... Gift advice

SpringCrane

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I know this is off topic, but I'm hoping y'all are more creative than I am! We are celebrating my grandparents' fiftieth wedding anniversary this year and I don't know what to get them. It's my dad's mom and his step-dad. We and they will be traveling to the party, so it must be compact. I know popular ideas are scrapbook/memory things or prints of family tree type things. However, I have never been very close to them as they have lived all over the world and traveled a great deal, so I don't have many memories to share. And our family has too many divorces for a family tree type thing to not be super awkward...

I'm stuck! I guess something where I compile memories or photos from other family members could work... But we are spread all over the country (and world), so I don't know how successful that'd be.

Maybe my gift will be, "Surprise! You're getting a second great-grandchild!" when I show up with my belly ;-)

Any ideas?

If they love babies and would be excited by that, it would be super cute to get them something that says they are going to be great-great-grandparents. Or something cheesy (I love cheese)that says you two are GREAT like really GREAT.... (flip page or over) grandparents.

Otherwise, have you looked into 50th anniversary presents on Pinterest?

Duh. Pinterest! Great idea. I scoped out Etsy but it was a lot of the same and wouldn't work.

Thanks! And yeah, they might just get news as a gift... Oh well :)

I'm sure your presence and the news will be more than enough to send them over the moon. :)

Seeing as they've lived all over the world you could create a 'memory' box in the sense of finding out where they have been/lived and getting small iconic symbols for each place [eg london - big ben etc] and some maps etc.

But the baby new would be amazing!!! And as dobbyforever said Pinterest is amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->