Off topic, thread closing m[o/u]mmies!

Yay clever Sophie!!!

Go play in the snow, that'll burn the calories from all the sweeties and cookies you're gonna eat...

I've decided not to go vote today as me and OH have realised our votes will just cancel each other out :haha:

We don't have snow here :(

We also get fined for not voting, you don't get in trouble for not voting where you are?

No its not mandatory here. Good turn out this year though (in the first round), I think the novelty of a gay candidate brings out the young folk.

They only said that because I've been planning my baby snow angel since before he's born and he's only 7 weeks old now. (but he's about 14lbs so not delicate lol)

I'm not one of those that believes the cold causes colds. But once you're already sick it's probably best to wrap up and Stay in the warm - at his age at least. If I thought he'd be getting any fun out of the snow I might take him out, but since it's just be for my enjoyment it's probably best not to!

Hope he gets over his cold before the snow goes away so you can make the baby snow angel

being cold KIND OF cause colds, yes you do need a virus to become sick it's not quite as easy as being cold and being sick. But some of us already have the virus but i think it doesn't affect us unless we get cold... or something like that... my mum is a science teacher and told me once

i did just find this from an academic journal "most of the available evidence from laboratory and clinical studies suggests that inhaled cold air, cooling of the body surface and cold stress induced by lowering the core body temperature cause pathophysiological responses such as vasoconstriction in the respiratory tract mucosa and suppression of immune responses, which are responsible for increased susceptibility to infections."

Oh, lol well I like the winter - but tbh I don't often get sick. :)

From what I understand people get colds in the winter because they are inside more sharing germs in a confined space instead of being in fresh air.

Here's a mama and baby snow angel for you Lil Pixie
https://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u143/generalgayer/baby%20new%20home/cf211e56.jpg

SQUEEEEEEEEEE! i want to make snow angels!!! In Australia we make sand angels.... super lame.

going to bed it's 1am

<3

Awesome Nat!! Lol I'm so jealous. Oh well, maybe next time.

Your little girl is lovely! Haha I know she isn't in that pic, but your sig pic is adorable

I agree. You don't get a virus from going out in the cold air, fresh air is actually super good for you (nat your know this best ) If you have a cold and go outside, the cold air is meant to open up the airways to help you breathe better! But yes outside too long in the cold... and you come inside with the sniffles... which usually go away, but sometimes dont...

That being said I wouldnt take my 1 month old baby outside for snow angels though LOL. Babies that age HATE cold.

Id be plopping ava out in the snow if we had any :rofl: I live in CANADA and we have NO snow.. its super bizarre as jan-feb is when we have the MOST snow...

so- no snow pics of my kids :cry:

Lol I'm not taking him out honest!! I just wish I could. Even my mard arse cats won't play out with me!

My grandad says there was a medical trial done many years ago when they had naked people and clothed people to see if the naked people got the cold any easier. The people in clothes got the cold easier than the nakeds!!!

lets all get naked.

awww at baby snowangel. Im jealous.

Lol I look like I been in a fight with freddy cruger - I promise you no one wants me to get naked, people would get sick alright but it wouldn't be from the cold! :rofl:

Good excuse to get naked *takes off clothes*

No one here feels like that would be uhh cold? ...naked/snow do not mix......weirdo's

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->