Off work sick. Should I go back yet?

iiTTCii

Mummy of two
Reaction score
I've suffered with spd since 18 weeks and it appears to getting worst each week. I've had physio and I'm being fitted for a support belt tomorrow. I'm also having weekly acupuncture sessions at the hospital.
I've been off work for the past 4 weeks and my sick note runs out Monday. I'm still in a lot of pain, not sleeping much and struggling to get around. I feel really guilty about being off work though. I feel I'm pushing myself to go back to work next week so people don't think bad of me or think I'm being a drama queen, yet I know I'm going to be tired, run down and in pain if I go back. I'm in two minds about what to do. What do you ladies think?

i say don't go! but that's easy for me to say from where i'm sitting. you're going to be of little use if this is how you feel when you're not at work.

also, i'm sure youve done it all, but in case you haven't...i'd strongly recommend doing a TON of inner thigh stretching if you can bear it and rolling your butt muscle out on a spiky or tennis ball by sitting on it. I spent two hours saturday releasing every single muscle from my feet all the way up to my butt (front, back and side) when i started feeling public bone discomfort and it's much better now. i only feel it in the morning after i've been sleeping in my one position for the entire night. i realize most people don't have two hours to do the same, but if i could recommend just two stretches, it'd be those two. okay, and calf stretching! always calf stretching. three.

i hope you find relief soon. also, if you like, i can help you with specific stretches by telling you what to do, but i assume you do this stuff with your physio?

Dont go back. I was diagnosed with it early at like 14 weeks. I was signed off by doctor for rest for a week to see if it would ease. I felt guilty and went back to work after even though i didnt feel right. Fast forward to 21 weeks i was i absolute agony and i have been signed off ever since. My consultant doesnt want me going back as im now basically housebound. Take this time to relax and put your feet up as im sure you have loads of things to sort before baby arrives and if you ho back to work it could mean you ending up in my position. X

If you're in pain, you're in pain. Please don't go back because you feel guilty, only go back if you feel well enough.

As pp says, take the time to relax. I found weeping with a pillow between my knees (so my knee is perfectly in line with my hip) has made a huge difference to spd/pgp.

Hope you feel better soon xx

During pregnancy is NEVER the time to push yourself! A job is a job and will be waiting for you. If anyone judges let em, they are just opinions and your health and your baby is far more important. The stress you are putting yourself under to go back is not going to be helping. Feel better :hug: xxx

If you're in pain it's not worth it and you'll probably end up off again. If you can, get a sick note that takes you to the start of your mat leave. It might be more difficult for your work to handle you coming and going on sick leave than to know you are just staying off.

Thanks ladies. I had such a bad night too, every time I turned over I had painful shooting pains going into my belly. There's noway that if I was in work today, I would be able to function.

I know how your feeling ive been up since 3 am as i needed a wee but was sooo sore i couldnt get back to sleep.

Im signed off til July 5th when my annual leave kicks in. Ill be 34 weeks and then my maternity kicks in on August 11th when i will be 39 weeks.

When younsee your doctor they wont be happy about you returning to work in pain!

You couldnt have a less understanding company than the one i work for. They have fought me every step of the way so if you need any help or advice im more than happy to help x

I've given in...
I had a home visit from work today and they were asking if I would be back next week. I felt pressured and just said yes. The good thing is that I will be doing reduced hours though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->